FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   2011 - Aug 2016 Prayer Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/28233-2011-aug-2016-prayer-corner.html)

LaurieS 03-31-2011 07:01 PM

Roberta, so sorry to hear about yr DH's results. Try some of the asparagus, I guess it couldn't hurt.
Nell also saying prayers for yr DH.

Cau, Thanks for asking after Steve. He just finished the second round or treatment and now we have to wait till they do a new scan to see if the treatment did it's job.

seleach 03-31-2011 07:43 PM

Coll so sorry you are having such a hard time. Have lost both my parents so do understand what it is like.

Sorry for all who have lost a loved one.

Ellen sorry your dh has been laid off.

RobertaD sorry your dh's cancer has returned.

Nell, praying for your dh.

LaurieS, praying for Steve.

Joyce, glad your dh is home. Prayers continue for him. Glad your mom is doing so well.

Was at my son's the last couple of days. Got his taxes in and my name put on his checking account. Getting things ready for next month.
His surgery is April 11 at the University of WI hospital in Madison. Surgery will take 8 hrs, he will be in ICU 2 days and then another 10 days after that. He should come home around Easter. They will break his jaw, cut his neck open so they can open that area up. They will remove lymph nodes in his neck and remove the whole tongue, do reconstructive surgery, then wire the jaw together so it heals.
I will be staying at his house to take care of his dog, pay his bills and take care of things in general.
After he gets home, if he is going to need help, I will have to continue to stay there. He will have to have chemo.

He will have to learn how to talk using just the voice box. He will be fed through a feeding tube which has already been placed. He has to drink a milk shake with powdered protein added every day to get stronger. He is 5'9' and weighs 118 lbs. I don't know if he is strong enough to even get through the surgery.
His tongue has a large cancerous tumor on it. The whole tongue is cancerous. He can not even stick his tongue out. He is in a lot of pain and the pain meds are not helping much. His mouth feels like it is on fire he says. The cancer spread to two lymph nodes in his neck. Maybe more by now.
Thank goodness his girlfriend is sticking with him through this. She is what is keeping him going. She lives 25 min. from the hospital and so will be seeing him every day and will call or email me daily.
Thank you for prayers and I will try to keep everyone up to date on what is happening. I am not doing well with this.

bar_bar 03-31-2011 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Joyce glad that Bob is home.

Coll, saw your post, and know if u need to talk I'm only a email away.
it may help if u find a grief support group to go to..

Prayers will be going out for those in need of prayers.
Hugs are also there for those that needs them.

I would like to post a prayer request for a member that used to be on Fc and is on my Fb friend's list. Many of you may remember
Teresa1744,
her huband needs to be lifted up in prayers, as he had some set back from his heart attack and back in the hosp. and running test.

Then I have another dear friend of mine that is in need of a nuclear stress test for her heart. They do not know if she can get that test or not, her EKG test looked ok, but since there is some history of heart attack in the family, as well as stroke, the dr knows women heart is not the same as men and wants to do a nuclear one if they will approve it.. So keep her in your prayers as well as all is ok..

I also have some concerns over another person that I know that we do not know what is causing some pain issues she is dealing with, and she is scared that it could be her liver.. so please keep this person in prayers as well.

stellajean66 04-01-2011 12:14 AM

Prayers and blessings for all recent requests, both spoken and unspoken.

CalGalInFla 04-01-2011 04:30 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you today. Please know I carry a little piece of FC in my heart every day.

J~

LaurieS 04-01-2011 05:08 AM

Sharon, praying for your dear son that everything goes well with the surgery.

My thoughts and prayers for everyone today.

Haleys grandmom 04-01-2011 08:23 AM

Roberta, Sorry to hear about your husband we just went threw that with my dh. Prayers for your family and everyone else for all concerns.

RobertaD 04-01-2011 09:50 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

Roberta

HAPPY6 04-01-2011 04:04 PM

Blessings and prayers for the sick and needy.....God Bless....

cau 04-01-2011 04:50 PM

Roberta I’m sorry about your dh, will add you both to my prayers.
Sharon your son has a rough road ahead, will continue to keep both him and Steve and Bob in my prayers.
Coll grief is hard to put a limit on, we all deal with it differently and at different pace. It took me a long time to deal with my dad’s passing even though he had cancer and was in hospice at home with me helping,
Prayers for all