FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   2011 - Aug 2016 Prayer Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/28233-2011-aug-2016-prayer-corner.html)

Pag36 05-04-2012 11:56 AM

Oh gosh your Dad did have a lot to deal with. Yes he deserves a break. The thought of having to take her there and help her adjust had to be super hard on you too. You are a strong and loving lady.
Take care Jodi and all

CalGalInFla 05-04-2012 12:00 PM

Thanks again Patti, that was barely scratching the surface of what he went thru! Heavens. Way over and above the "in sickness and in health" vows. Egads.

Yes the first night in particular, sleeping in her bed, SOBBING was most unpleasant. GUILT TRIP EXTROIDINAIRE!

But its behind me. If anyone on this site ever needs an ear should they have to go thru this - look me up. I've seen it all and dont wish it on an enemy. O_o

Pag36 05-04-2012 12:19 PM

Nice of you to offer the "EAR" my time for that is passed. And I hope and pray you never have to put Dad in one too. Gina says as long as she and Judy can "deal" with me in bad times I will never be in one. But only time and God knows that.
How are the ducks?

CalGalInFla 05-04-2012 12:21 PM

I think you will be just fine Patti! :)

Click the link on my blog! Porsche just hatched 6 chicks. 3 died (I think she stomped on them) and one disappeared the first day - but as of this afternoon, Mama and 2 chicks were up and down the canal!

Quack Quack!

RobertaD 05-04-2012 12:40 PM

FIL went through that as well Jodi he is doing well since her passing had Thanksgiving, Christmas and her Birthday all in the first 6 weeks. Their wedding anniversary is tomorrow would have been 55 yrs, we are having the family over for dd1's birthday party.

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

Roberta

Pag36 05-04-2012 12:45 PM

Thanks just saw it and joined

HAPPY6 05-04-2012 12:59 PM

Jodi, It is truly amazing what a person can put up with.....I know I have amazed myself MANY times......It just goes to show how strong we really are!!.....I don't think we give ourselves enough credit!! God Bless you and yours.....
Blessings and prayers for the sick and needy.......God Bless....

VicRae 05-04-2012 08:30 PM

Continued prayers and blessing for all in need.

Vicky

ellenmelon 05-05-2012 12:29 AM

Many thanks to all here for your prayers for my fil's AAA surgery. He got through it and is now in rehab. It was pretty touch and go there for awhile so thank you for your help!

apricot 05-05-2012 04:05 AM

Jodi, I'd gone through something similar with my mom but my dad had long passed before then, but I can imagine how trying it has been for you and your dad. I pray that this is a better year for you both.

Prayers for Roberta's fil, Ellen's fil and all mentioned and silent concerns.