FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   2011 - Aug 2016 Prayer Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/28233-2011-aug-2016-prayer-corner.html)

apricot 09-04-2011 06:39 AM

Paula, prayers for you and your family.

Prayers for all concerns, spoken or not.

RobertaD 09-04-2011 06:50 AM

Paula, there is nothing wrong with getting help when you need it. Do let your church know you are in mental & financial need. My church gives cash assistance once or twice a year to families in need and our Harvest Home offerings (canned goods) get divided amongst families in need within the church (we also do monthly food bank donations).

Ask around if there are places (community outreach) to help with medical & rent/mortgage bills in your area most of the time it is a one time help but it would help you get through Sept/Oct bills. I'm in the middle of the HEAP paperwork for heating this winter, takes several months for everything to process and get applied to your bill but it does help out.

I've been going to the food pantries the past three months to help put food on the table. We don't qualify for food stamps from what I've been told because of the value of our cars, kids college funds and that we only owe 10% of our house's value on the mortgage. I just keep praying that DH will get a court date sooner than later for his disability as we will be okay then.

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

Roberta

stellajean66 09-04-2011 07:02 AM

Prayers and blessings for all...............

Pag36 09-04-2011 10:03 AM

Paula you are i n my prayers as well as Jerry. Food Stamps are out there for ones that need them so don't feel bad for requesting them. God bless

motherof2 09-04-2011 12:47 PM

Prayers for all listed above and the ones not listed. I am going to be the proud momma and post my 12yo ds devotional that was posted on our church blog. I hope that this will lift some of your spirits today.

THE ULTIMATE INSURANCE
When you are watching TV, at least most of the time, the commercials are all about insurance. Their all about the “big-named“ companies like Gieko, Progressive, Allstate, Amica, and others. But the biggest, literally, is God! He is the Ultimate Insurance. All the “big named” companies are rather small to Him, don’t you think? They may be able to insure your house, car, and motorbike all at the same time, but they can’t insure your soul. You may be able to name your price, but you won’t get the love and grace God gives. I’ll bet you that your insurance agent won’t give up their son for you. Now I am going to do a comparison the “Ultimate” InsuranceV.S. THE “BIG NAMED” COMPANIES.I shall compare them in two ways. Way 1#: Add and Commercials and way 2# is: how they insure you. I’ve talked a little about that before. Now without further ado… Comparison 1#: Ads this is a true quote from my grandpa. “Now days the commercials are more funny than the TV shows themselves.” The ads now days are going from mega –funny to mega-serious, and they are everywhere. On the high way, in windows, on signs, even on cars. But the winning, first place, all across the world, is ultimate insurance’s a.k.a. God’s. in over 600 languages, spanning all across the world, in many different forms and fashions, and has tried to be explained, it is the Bible! If you think about it, the bible is the “Ultimate” Ad! If you had the choice between a duck, a lizard, an insane girl, a pair of hands, or the Bible, well I’d know which I’d pick. And now ladies and gentle men, boys and girls, its time for…comparison #2: What they insure. Like I have said before the “big-named” companies give you insurance on home, cars, motorbikes, boats, SUV’s, you name it we insure it! God gives you: insurance on your soul and heart. He guarantees you will go to Heaven and he’ll show you love, grace, forgiveness, and other great things. Now I’m not trying to insult them or anything but “big-names”, you ain’t got nothing on that!!! (excuse the grammar). But anyway, the way I look at it, it is here (“big-names”) or Heaven (Ultimate), and I don’t know about you people, but I’m going with God. Amen? Weill I hope you got the picture. Thank you and goodbye.

stellajean66 09-05-2011 12:29 AM

Prayers and blessings for all.

RobertaD 09-05-2011 05:16 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

Roberta

LaurieS 09-05-2011 05:23 AM

Happy Labor Day everyone!:stripes: I hope you all enjoy whatever you do today.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone today.

Pag36 09-05-2011 09:11 AM

Happy Labor day to all of you too. Not doing anything here today that I know of. Was hoping to go to Great Wolf Lodge with Steven & Gina maybe Kent but don't think that will happen.
So my puter, book and kitchen will keep me occupied

apricot 09-05-2011 10:09 AM

Prayers for all. I'm just catching up on things around the house that I don't have time to do when working late every day.