Prayers for debknechtel - Page 5 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Deb glad all went well & that you're at home!Take care of yourself & know that I'm thinking of you.Also keeping you& your family in my prayers!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Debbie so happy all went well with your surgery and you are now home...resting I hope...take care...hugs...
Old 11-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

DebK, Hope you are feeling better today and that you heal quickly. Get lots of rest! Keeping you in my prayers.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Deb, I am glad that your surgery went well and that there were no major problems! Don't you have some fancy dressy thing coming up with your DH? I hope you are all healed for that!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora43
Deb, I am glad that your surgery went well and that there were no major problems! Don't you have some fancy dressy thing coming up with your DH? I hope you are all healed for that!

DeBora we had the party/supper the night before my surgery.....it was a fun evening and kept my mind off the following days events...

I am tired today and still swollen down below but still doing well. I have the same problem Train had with her hyster.....I have yet to go #2 which is getting scarey!!! I think I mentioned that I was upset with some of my nurses....this is why....They were to have me up walking 2 -4 hours after surgery she took me at 9:45ish, they never offered me any pain meds, my IV needle was not sitting well and caused my IV to run fast or slow...they knew this but never came to check and I awoke to pain and the IV had run dry...at 2am....then again at 6am. When thye took apart the tubing they wore no gloves and did not use an alcohol wipe to sterelise before putting the tube back together, they never came to empty my cathader bag but yet wanted me up and walking and I am not allowed to lift anything........they forgot to give me meds my doctor ordered, she was in a panic because she was to give me an IV antibiotic and was very late doing that. Our meds came at 11pm. Thing is they either only hd me as a patient or one other with me........I am going in to see the director of nursing because so much could have gone wrong with the way they did things. I got up at 3:30 am and went walking in the halls as I had major gas build up(because they did not have me up early enough) and the one nurse said what are you doing I told her I could not sleep because I was in pain and why and she said well walk all you want and then never again checked on me.....just really poor care. My aunt who is a nurse could not believe all that happened.or lack of so to speak.

Thanks again for all the well wishes

Hugs debbie

DeBora here is the pic from the formal night
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Deb, now I remember you having the dinner. I have only had 4 hours of sleep, but I did remember those were close together. lol

I think you are wise to talk to the head of nursing. I would also file a complaint at the hospital so that if you do get an infection, it will be documented before that so that it proves there is a connection.

I had a similar situation when I had a blood disease in 2001. Because of the blood disease, my kidneys and pancreas shut down. The nurses were supposed to be monitoring my liquid intake as not to overload my kidneys and keep them from ever coming back. But, the all to end all was when I developed pneumonia. Some people with TTP get congestive heart failure. Anyway, they had had to intubate me in the trauma unit. I was unconscious, so I have no memory of that. They moved me to ICU and 8 days later, I regained consciousness. Then, they moved me to a cardiact unit since I was doing so well. But, they were monitoring my lungs with x-rays every day and I was still having to go through dialysis and plasma exchanges. DH left to go back to Carlsbad and I was still in the hospital in Albeguerque. My in-laws were there in town with me. Late in the evening, while my in-laws were visiting me, I started having problems breathing. We had this happen 2 days before in another unit. They rushed me to dialysis and pulled the fluid from my lungs and I was fine. But, this night, I was on a new floor with new nurses. I called the nurse to tell her that my lungs were filling up with fluid. She started screaming at me!!! She said that I was just having a panic attack and that I would be fine. I begged her to call my doctors or take me to dialysis. She refused and told me to breath deeply and I would be fine. My in-laws were begging me to mind the nurse. I said that I couldn't because I couldn't breath because of the fluid. The nurse proceeds to berate me more. Then, she brings in another nurse to berate me and then the on call doctor to tell me off! I finally dissociate into my own little world so that I wouldn't have to think about the fact that I could not breath. My in-laws leave to go to their RV. An hour or so later, I call the nurse again because at this point, I could barely breath. I am crying because I know that I am minutes away from dying and the very nurses who could help me not only refuse to give me oxygen, but also refuse to call my doctors. (I had several specialty doctors with this rare blood disease.) The next thing I know, I am starting to come to and 6 people are rushing me down the hall and breathing for me. I am out again. I awaken to my DH yelling at the head of nursing and the television showing planes slamming into the World Trade Center. I thought I had died and gone to Hell! I didn't find out until later that nobody called my DH or my in-laws to tell them that I stopped breathing and that I was back in ICU! My in-laws came to visit me the next day and was told that this particular room wasn't mine anymore as I was in ICU! My DH called several times the next day as he thought I was in dialysis since I wasn't answering my room phone. Then, he called the nurses station to find out when I would be back in my room. That is when he found out what happened. He was livid!!! He had to drive back to Albuguerque. They were going to move me back to that room when I was able to breath on my own. My DH told them that they would NOT move me back to where those nurses refused to help me and even screamed at me and refused to call my doctors. They told me that I did NOT have pneumonia and that I was making it up to get attention. If they had read my chart, they would know that I was not making it up. My DH demanded that these nurses be reprimanded for treating me in such a manner. They ended up moving me to a different part of the hospital where those nurses were NOT working and DH told the head of the department that if anyone did not believe me or treat me well again, he would sue the hospital since this cost us time and money and was emotionally traumatic. I wanted to sue, but DH didn't. I wanted an apology from the nurses and one doctor (who didn't even know I had a blood disease), but I never got one.

Sorry I rambled, but it was very traumatic. Some people have NO business working in that field.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Beautiful picture, Deb!!! So sorry you had such crappy care from the nurses. I, too, would complain. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Love, hugs and prayers to you and your family.

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Glad you are home Deb. Poor care while in the hospital is a real problem.Very scary too because most of us that are in that boat count on the nurses and aids to do the right thing. Trouble is they are just people with all the faults that they can have.
Then if your lucky you will run across a real angel,too bad they all aren't that. At any rate I am very happy you are doing well.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Hi Deb, I have been awol for quite a while so this all came as quite a shock to me. Praying for your complete recovery and for Mike and the family also.

Hugs,

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Deb, how are you feeling now? Are you getting better?