Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Nine Year Member

just popping in to add new requests to my list
train-have a safe trip
bar_bar-as train says, just take one day at a time.
Laura-go to the computer and look for foods and recipes with little or no iodine-that will help you with your daily requirements. I also pray that things get better at work.
Patti-prays go out for your surgeries
praying for those lost boys, there are too many lost people out there-kids and adults-that we don't even know about, prayer goes out for all lost souls

request for prayer for my dad-Johnnie-he was having dizzy spells again today, I haven't checked on him lately, mom's with him and she'll call if he gets bad. It's probably medication, we'll see.
take care all
Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Train - have a safe trip!

Pam - saying a prayer for your Dad.

Sharon - hope they find the boys or their bodies soon for the peace of mind of their parents.

Prayers today for the tornado victims in TN and elsewhere. I hope that motherof2 (Kay) is okay as she is by the area that was hit.

Prayers for Crafty that the appointment today went well and no problems were found. Also for all the appointments next week.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, it is loading faster and completely now. Oh well, I am here!

Update on my ds: The program has now started to collect information for his admission to the program. I found this out by calling to inquire about a start date. LOL We will be waiting a little longer.

Update on my co-worker: The test has been taken and PASSED!!!! Yes, it happened in the past few weeks. It is a BIG step for them. The person is very pleased and is able to go to the next level for a job. Thank you for all of your prayers!

I will be changing jobs in May. It will be for the better for both family and myself.

Praying for spoken and unspoken requests. Even though I cannot always read every post, the Lord knows who needs what when I pray for all of FC members.

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 04-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

talked with Donna Marie aka Craftldy and her dh went back into the hospital the other night, he is out now. She had to go to eye doctor yesterday and found out she has cataract in both eyes, they want to do a brain scan to make sure this is not the optical never behind the eye that is creating a problem.
so Please keep her in your prayers.

Sharon, how is your dh, sorry I didn't ask you sooner.

Right now I'm concern about my job too, as they tell me I'm not going to lose it, yet they will not tell me if they will work with me on coming in late one or two times per week due to the girls. I would have to check them out early but this is the only way I can see I could do to make it work for me to continue to work, Which is something I need to do.
so if you don't mind continue to keep me in your prayers with the girls and my job.

I know lately I've been asking for lots of prayers but boy it sure got crazy at my place.

May you all have a beautiful weekend
Old 04-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Okay bar bar! you got me through a tight spot or two the past couple weeks, so now it is your turn for us to carry the load!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member

Prayers for the areas hit by tornadoes and severe weather this week
Still praying for the lost boys-hope they have some resolution soon.
bar_bar prayer for you, the girls and John
for Donna Marie and dh
and for all others asked and unasked
Old 04-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

just checking ...

Ellen thank you... again I'm blessed that you turned to me and I could do that favor for you. and I'm still keeping you and your dd in my prayers.

keeping u all in my prayers along with some unspoken prayers.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pray that everyone had a safe weekend. We had really bad storms here. A tornado set down in a city just 10 miles away from me. Lots of damage and 11 people killed. Please pray for the tornado victims and pray that the storms that predicted for later in the week are not as strong. The school in that county are closed until further notice. It came upon us very quickly and right when schools were letting out. Traffic was awful on Saturday due a roof from a local church being across the interstate and everyone coming to look at the damage. We are praying for all envolved.

On a happier note , Brian seems to be doing better. I will be going to see the new dr again on Thursday. We shall see what happens. Thanks for all the prayers.

We have a lady in our SS class that is not doing very well. She continues to have strokes every day due to a hemorrage in the brain. She can no longer see and has trouble recongizing people and remembering things even her own 7 year old daugther. Pray for strength for her husband as he makes decisions on what to do and for healing for Marissa.

Have a great week
Old 04-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Robin and Barbar, Thanks for the update on Craftylady so I can pray for her and her dh more specifically.

Sharon, How is your dh doing? Sorry to hear about the two lost boys and will be praying that they are found alive and returned safely to their families. About the No Salt Chicken Broth, is it canned or cubed? We have low salt canned here but it has 570 mg of sodium. when I go to the store this week I will check and see if they have the cubed in no salt here. With so many people who have high blood pressure needing to be on low salt diets all the time you would think they would have it in some form.

Ellen, My computer has been down but I will check and see if I can find some low iodine or at least low salt recipes on the net. I'll be praying for your dad and that it is just a minor thing that can be corrected easily.

Trekmom, Praying for all the storm victims and their families. Also for protection from injuries and damage in the upcoming storms. Also, for Marissaida, her dh and dd. It sounds like a tough situation.

Barbar, Sorry to hear that your boss does not seem to be understanding about your needing to adjust your schedule. On the days that you come in late are you able to stay that much later to make up the time that day or some other time in the week? A lady that I work with has to drop off her little boy at school and is allowed to adjust her schedule so she can do that and still get in her 40 hours per week. I thought there was some law that employers were supposed to allow the employees to flex their time for children's school schedules and things like that. It might be something to look into.

Sorry if I missed anyone but you are all in my prayers daily and God knows what is on your heart.

Thanks to all who are praying for me. Work got a little better towards the end of last week but one of the problem coworkers was not there for two days. She will probably be there tomorrow. Over the weekend I did okay on my low iodine/low salt diet and had rice with plain chicken breast and vegetables yesterday and then today I made some home made bread and white Northern beans and seasoned them with Mrs. Dash. I think she is going to be one of my best friends over these next two weeks.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kay - so glad to see you posting and that all is well with you. Here lately I dread seeing the prediction of thunderstorms.

Will keep your friend in my prayers that must be so hard on the family.

Laura - A no salt diet is hard. I have been showing the kids how to read the labels as we try to avoid foods with high salt content. It is amazing how much salt some have in them and how it is hidden the same apply to sugar.

I talked to Crafty again and she said thanks for the prayers. She is really concerned about her dh as he goes to a heart doctor on Tuesday in another town.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~

Closed Thread