Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Continuing to pray for each request here and especially for Deb and Mike and the family. GBU all

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 02-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Laura praying for you to find things that you can enjoy to eat and will help with your health. Also keeping the situation at work in prayer.

Still have not had time to go back to the old thread and catch up. Thanks for your continued prayers...I really feel like I can feel all of you surrounding me. It is always a pick me up!!!

Sandra great to see you here!!! Hope all is well with you!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Linda, Iodine is in the sodium in most processed foods. It was added to salt in the U.S. to prevent goiters but it can have a reverse affect since I have a small goiter. I buy non-iodized salt and can have some of that. I did okay tonight with lemon chicken and spinach salad but will have to get real creative for a little over two weeks on this diet.

Yes, they are acting like children at work. Every time my boss is off we have problems with that person in the other department and some of our people chatting all day long.

Thanks for all the prayers in both situations.

I'm continuing to pray for all of your concerns, spoken and unspoken.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Prayers For Everyone

Continuing to keep everyone in my daily prayers.
Mom has been in the rehab. centers for almost three months now. She is ready to come home. She gets up so early and keeps moving all day.
To me she looks so tired misses her daytime naps. She needs new glasses as soon as she leaves there. She had the stroke right afer the cataract surgery. Her hair now is her natural color instead of the blonde that she had for years.
Please keep her in your prayers that she will keep improving so she can come home.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 PM

Sueanne, great pic of your mom.
Cau, praying for your sister.
Cam, praying for your finances. Know what my son is going through and remember the financial problems I have had in my lifetime.
Laura, what are they going to do for the goiter?
I'm allergic to shrimp. They first thought it was the iodine, but now believe it to be the protein. Shrimp has a different kind of protein.
However, I can't have any tests that require the use of iodine as the doctors won't take a chance. Doesn't bother me to eat iodized salt. I've been told that's a different kind of iodine. Often wonder about that.
Praying for all spoken and unspoken concerns.
Thanks barbszy for reminding me not to post an addy.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Have finally caught up with all the posts, am so glad to have a group of friends who will pray for others.
My prayers for all who have family / friend members which are ill. May the Lord continue to heal them.
For those with finacial woes, God will only give you what you can handle, stay strong in his word.
I have a prayer request : my nephew is once again on strong chemo treatments, the Cancer was in remission, but now has come back full blast.
To all those who have military dh's or family members gone right now, may the Lord keep his guard around each and everyone of them.
I Thank the Lord each and every day for being with me in my life. With out him I would be nothing.

Joy
Old 02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Joy, praying for your nephew that he responds well to treatment and praying for the family.

Chad's funeral is tomorrow at 11 am calif time. Please remember us in your prayers.

Praying for all at FC

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 02-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Prayers for Joy's nephew that the chemo will stop the cancer.

Prayers for Linda and her family during the funeral and afterwards.

Sharon, There are three different types of treatment for a goiter; medication (which is temporary), surgery with risks to other glands, and radioactive iodine which makes the person underactive and then they can take replacement thyroid medicaiton. Underactive is a lot easier to control, so I am going for the radioactive iodine.

According to the low iodine diet, I am not supposed to eat iodized salt, so don't know if it is any different from other iodine. Ocean fish is a no no but fresh water fish like trout is okay but I don't like fish anyway. Baked goods like muffins, biscuits, cakes and cookies are to be limited unless they are made from scratch at home.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:49 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Prayers being said for all.

My mom is improving. I spent the day with her. She slept for a couple of hours. I'm glad because she needs it. I had to try to get her breathing treatment ready. I did okay with that.

Prayers request-my husbands nephew Andy just got back from Korea (Army) was told he will probably ship out to Iraq come August. I sure hope not.

Coll
Old 02-05-2006, 09:40 PM

Joy, praying for your nephew.
Linda, prayers are being said for you and your family.
Coll, praying for your mom and you. And for your dh's nephew Andy.
Laura, praying for you that your thyroid is taken care of and everything will be all right.
Praying for all concerns spoken and unspoken.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread