Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Saying extra prayers for your Daughters, Ellen

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Posting and praying for all. May God bless you.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Update on Kim

Sorry, everyone, for not sending many updates this week.

After last weeks good week, as of Saturday afternoon, things seemed to just go down hill.

On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, Kim had two really great nurses and sitters. They were telling me about the meds she is taking and about how she really doesn't need two of them all the time that are prescribed for her. One is vicaden, and the other is a med that head trauma patients get in case they start to get violent. Which violence is a normal reaction with head trauma patients. But, Kim is not getting violent and the two nurses said that she does not need it. The one even asked Kim's Dr if he could take them off her list, and stated to her that he would love to, but, in case she would need them it would be too hard to get them for her again.

So, after those good days last week, than seeing her go basically down hill. I questioned the head nurse. Well, did I ever get the run-around with that! And being told that she needs those meds and so on and so on!

Well, yesterday, when I got in to visit her, one of the good nurses was her nurse. And she and I had a nice long talk. She was so nice, and stated again that she feels that Kim's state is due to the meds that the other nurses are giving her when she really don't need them. So, she is going to state on her record that those meds are only going to be given to her if needed. If she appears to be in pain, they are to give her Tylenol. And the nurse will see to it that Tylenol is prescribed for her!

So, hopefully within the next couple of days I will have a new exciting report for Kim.

I understand that she will have good days and bad days, but, 5 days of bad. And going from naming people in pictures. To not recognizing people that come to visit her daily, that she has known all her life she isn't quite right.

I do have to share this, on Saturday morning(when she was still doing good) we were in to visit her. Now, keep in mind that she was working at Subway. Matt told her that he was ready for her to make him a sub. And she looked at him and asked him "Do you want mayonnaise?"

And yesterday, during her therapy. She went for a walk, she loves to read, and she read the board above the scale, which read "Your weight is" Kim read it, and the therapists erased it, and asked Kim to rewrite it. She wrote "your weight is too much"!!! Not quite sure if she was trying to tell the therapists something!!

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.

I have to update that Kim has prayers coming from almost every church in this area, and from the US from the east coast to the west coast, from North to South, and now at least one from out of the country!!

And those of you that have been asking, I am due December 2! Now we will wait and see if the baby decides to come exactly two weeks late like Kim did which would mean the baby would be born on my Mom's birthday! It is this baby's turn to be born on an "unusual: date, so, maybe it will be a Thanksgiving baby. Which would only be 9 days early, like Kate was!

As Kim was born on 8/8/88
Kevin was born on 8/5/89
Kate was born on 10/31/94 and
Karrie was born on 4/2/00.

Again, thank you all for the prayers,

Karen

Old 09-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

boggsz, Is it mom 2 4 that is Kim's mum and expecting?
Are you also expecting, I know there was another surprise but can't remember who.
I saw on another thread that Trekmoms grandbaby arrived. I don't know any details!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes Mom2-4 is kims mom and mom2-4 is expecting Nope not me

Old 09-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Moderator's Note

Since we're about to hit 100 pages, this thread is now closed.

Please join us at the Prayer Partners 7 thread.

Closed Thread