Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Margaret I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. Prayers going up for you and that your ankles will be pain free soon.

Laura hope you were able to have a good sleep.

Kay great news that Brian is doing better. Prayers that he will continue to in the future.

Connie continued prayers for your nephew.

Caraol saying prayers for your mom and her diagnosis of cancer.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

continuing to keep all in prayer..
thanks for the prayers for my healing..it is working...yesterday I could barely make it out for the mail with my cane and this a.m. I put the garbage out without it...I guess that is the arthritis..the pain comes and goes...

Attachment 14204

Last edited by jrztomato; 08-06-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Keeping all in my prayers no matter what the needs may be.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My son and 3 of his daughters (3,5,6) were involved in a car accident this morning. They were in car seats and my son was wearing his seat belt. Witnesses say the van flipped 2 or 3 times. They were seen by the doctors and only have a few bumps and bruises. I'm so grateful they were not hurt badly.

He was bringing the girls to me for a visit. As he was passing the hospital at 8:30 am a car pulled out from the hospital and he hit it. The witnesses and the police say there wasn't anything he could have done to avoid the accident.

The driver of the car he hit was killed instantly, the front seat passenger died soon after, and the backseat passenger is in ICU and not expected to live.

We feel so sorry for this family. They must have been so upset over something at the hospital that they did not see my son's van. I don't know if they were from the same family or friends from different families. I don't know their names, the driver was female I don't know about the passengers. God knows who they are, please pray for them and their families.

I keep thinking, If I'd gone to pick up the children they wouldn't have been on that road. My son is thinking that he should have come earlier and he wouldn't have been there when they pulled out. The children are worried about another accident.

Please pray for all of us.
Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 07-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Linda how tragic.....glad to hear that all your family is okay I am sure they will have some emotional trauma after this. Will keep them in prayers along with those travelling in the other car and their families.

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lord our heavenly father we come to you in prayer that you touch all these prayer request. In your holy name Amen.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

continuning to pray for everyone.

My nephew is stabe. He will have surgery on Sat. There is a 99.5 chance he will be A okay after surgery. Now I feel better. I leave for Omaha tomorrow am and will return late Sunday or early mon.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Margaret, Glad to hear that your ankles were better today and praying that they continue to improve.

Bluebird, Praying that your nephew's surgery goes well.

Linda, Sorry to hear about the accident but glad your family is okay. It is very sad that some people died but it was neither you or your son't fault. I pray that you will be able to focus your energy on praying for the families rather than thinking about what could have been done differently. If you had gone you might have been involved in the accident. Also praying for those in your family who were traumatized. May God give you peace and wisdom.

Hugs and Prayers,
Laura
Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Linda - I am so sorry to hear about the accident. As Laura said, please don't think about the what ifs. Be glad that your family is okay and say extra prayers for the other occupants who are not. It is sad that it happened but it was an accident.

Margaret - I am glad that your ankles are doing better.

Praying for all requests spoken and those in our hearts.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

accident update

Date Issued:7/13/2006Author:Applegate, RickTime Issued:4:00:00 PMDivision:Office of the Chief of PoliceImportance:InformationLocation:Modesto, CA
FATAL COLLISION CLAIMS MODESTO COUPLE

MODESTO, CA - July 13, 2006, at about 8:38 a.m., a Modesto couple was killed when they pulled out in front of an oncoming van. The couple was exiting the Memorial Medical Center parking lot and attempting to turn left onto southbound Coffee Road.

Nicasio Salvador (78 years of Modesto) and his wife, Inocenia Salvador (76 years old) were killed when a 1990 GMC van driven by Johnathan Howe of Modesto broadsided their 1995 Ford Taurus. Based on the preliminary investigation, it appears Nicasio, who was driving with his wife and daughter, failed to yield to the northbound van and he pulled out, violating the right of way. Nicasio’s daughter, Lorna Salvador 47 years old, also of Modesto, was sitting in the backseat. She is currently listed in critical condition at a local hospital.

The driver of van, Johnathan Howe, was driving with his three small children as the van collided and rolled onto its side. Johnathan and his children received minor injuries from the collision and have been treated and released from local hospitals.

Coffee Road, between Spanos Court and Briggsmore Avenue, remained closed until 12:30 p.m. while clean up crews removed the wreckage and debris.

Traffic Investigators believe the lives of the children were saved because they were properly fitted with child seats. They credit Johnathan for making sure all of his children were properly buckled up and in approved child seats.

May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing

Closed Thread