Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

View Poll Results: Should I set up a seperate threads for prayer requests/ chit-chat or leave it as is?
YES, I would like to see 2 seperate threads. 13 43.33%
NO, I like the way it is now. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Should I set up a seperate threads for prayer requests/ chit-chat or leave it as is?

As many of you know, I have been tossing around the idea of creating 2 threads for prayers---one for posting only prayer requests and one for prayer talking.

I have received some comments from members saying that while they love the prayer thread and would like to participate in it more often, they just dont have the time to read back through the many pages on a daily basis to get to every prayer request.

Since these comments have come from more than one person, I started thinking that maybe we should set up 2 seperate threads in this area.

BUT......

I have read the comments "If it ain't broke......" and I agree on that end too.

So, I am putting it to a vote......

The outcome of this poll will decide if we will leave it as is or give the new way a try.

I'm going to make this very simple, you can vote YES to change it or NO to leave it the same way it is now.

PLEASE VOTE!

I know that many of you have said that either way is fine. PLEASE, Give me your opinion on one way or another.

I'm going to run this poll for two days only.

Thanks for your help!
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-31-2006, 03:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just hope that whatever the outcome, we remember: the last thing we want is to be fighting about PRAYER.

It is a great blessing for someone who wants to come before the FC community and ask for prayers, to have a place to do that. No matter how it is set up, I'm glad it's there.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbszy
I just hope that whatever the outcome, we remember: the last thing we want is to be fighting about PRAYER.

It is a great blessing for someone who wants to come before the FC community and ask for prayers, to have a place to do that. No matter how it is set up, I'm glad it's there.
I couldn't agree more with you Barb. I'm just trying to find a happy medium for everyone.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:19 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I agree with Barbszy...and I will be back no matter what the outcome...
Don't mean to step on any toes, but I think the time spent on this thread reading all the posts is time well spent...perhaps if someone's time is limited they might want to cut it short on another thread...just a thought....
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just thankful we have a thread,

I will agree with Barbz, the last thing I want is to see fighting over this or hard feelings.
for if that happens, as satan is smiling from ear to ear...

I would say before voting, go to the LORD in prayer about this and then come back and cast yoru vote.. I know I've been doing this myself
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

If it was 1 thread in 2 places, I'd go for it. However, 2 different threads I think would confuse people. But, I really don't have room to talk since I never post here. However, when a particular prayer request come through my email, which has also come through the prayer thread, I'm a-prayin! lol

I'll back up whatever is decided!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I enjoy reading the prayer requests, the comments on them, and hearing the praise reports all on one board.

If FC goes to 2 then I would appreciate a link between them to help me keep up with all that is happening.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 01-31-2006, 11:28 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just my thoughts........ I really enjoy this thread and hope it remains the same. If it does get split up, I'll still continue to read both.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'd personally like to see two threads BUT "God is not the author of confusion" and this was what I got when I prayed for it and so that's my story and I am sticking to it... I say God's will be done and I will be happy (hehehhe) on whichever way it goes. I am going to read them all no matter what, it may take me longer but hey I am praying for each and everyone of you too. I love you gals, and Duh the guys too cant leave them out. GBU

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Since I'm not active/as active as i'd like to be in this thread, I'll go with whatever the "regulars" here vote for.
Bett

Closed Thread