Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Prayers to those dear people who have survived Katrina

My prayers for courage and strength go out to all those people who survivied Hurricane Katrina with nothing but the clothes on their backs. May God be with you in these days to come.

This is a song Jerry Lewis sings at the end of his MDA telethon every year and I think the words of the song make the perfect prayer..........

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
and don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm is a golden sky
and the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on throught the wind.
Walk on throught the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on! Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Please add your prayers here.
hugs, train

Last edited by trainlady; 09-08-2005 at 12:16 AM. Reason: forgot all the words to the song
Old 09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Assistant Moderator

Dear Jesus,

I pray for these women,men, children, that was in this terrible storm, may they find shelter, clothes, and their families. I pray they get the medical treatment they need, and to find the strength to start thier lives again.

We do not understand why things like this happens, but we do know you are in Control, and that you love these folks. May each one of us search within us and find a way to help in whatever way we can to let them know How much you do love them, and that we care for them too.
I pray that they will be able to adjust to thier new envirement and in thier new living quaters. For those that wants to return I pray that they will be able to start thier lives over again back there in thier homeland.
I thank you for letting me live in a state that is offering and able to help these victums. For those that lives in a state that is far off and can't help, or these folks can't get to. then let them find the ways to reaching out to these folks too and the ones from N.O, and Miss. will know many others cares for them too.

Lord, I just know we all got to Trust you in this matter for whatever the outcome will be for so many that is wondering around not knowing what is going on. I pray that peace will come to them soon.

For those that has lost love ones, I pray that they will be comfort during this time of saddness. For those that has members they have no ideas where they are, I pray they will soon be reunited with thier families, and in the meatime, they will hear where they are.

I pray for each person that is giving aid to these folks, for the doctors and nurses, and the many others that are there in the midst, that you will place the right words, and the knowledge of how to work with these folks.

I thank you Lord for being the Great Sherperd you are watching over your folk and those that you are givng another chance to. I pray for the ones that are lost they they will come to know you thru this situation, and it was you that Saved them by Grace from the death they could of experience.

I pray for all that is involved in this storm, and TO protect those that are in the reach of other storms, no matter if the storm is weather or some other storm...
I know you are there in the midst of it all, even if we do not understand it.
In Jesus name I pray
Amen