Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

SweetContraryMry - will keep your family in my prayers. I hope that you find a compatible counselor soon and that your daughter can resolve her problems. Also that your DH sees the severity of the issue.

Barbszy - tell your brother to do it if your Dad even thinks about getting on one. He can take his own chain over and lock them all up.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Robin, never thought of that....new padlock and only someone outside the house has the key!
I told my dad to take up ice hockey or something "not dangerous" like that instead! He is already out running a mile in the mornings. He is determined to stay in shape.

Prayers for all of you
Old 01-03-2005, 07:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

I guess I have shared my bug with my other two kids. I felt very good this morning but now feel like a truck ran over me. Just want to feel good again.... will be calling the doctor today.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Connie, I hope your kids feel better my son had it for three days over Christmas we lived in the bathroom. I came on to ask you my friends to say a prayer for my DIL she is being taken to the hostipal for the third time with contractions and she isnt due till April and my hubby isnt doing well at all right now. I sure appreciate your prayers i'm going nuts..hugs to you all..kim
Old 01-03-2005, 11:08 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy New Year Everyone! Sorry it's late. My dear sweet hubby went out and bought me a chair for my computer and has put a belt around it so I can strap myself in for awhile and type at the computer! Wasn't that great of him?! I go to the dr. tomorrow, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray for me.

Barbara, I am praying really hard for you and John. I am so glad thought that your granddaughter has come to live with you as I know that is a great joy for you.

Deb, don't forget to call me! I am really worried about you,too.

SweetContraryMry, I am sooooo sorry to hear about your daughter. I will defintely keep her and your family in my prayers. I pray that whatever is worrying her at this time will cease and she will receive the comfort and help she needs through therapy.

Linda Lou, I am praying for your dad at this time and of course for you. You are such a dear sweet friend. I pray that his journey home will be a peaceful one.

As always, I continue to pray for all the military in Iraq and Afghanistan. They need our prayers and our support.

Love to all,
Nancy
Old 01-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My Dear Children and Grandchildren

I am in such pain seeing what my five children are doing to themselves and their children.

My oldest son, 24yo, has tried to commit suicide three times in the last month. He has been abusive of his girlfriend with his 7 month old daughter in the room.

My oldest daughter, 22yo, has a 2.5 yo daughter. She was doing so well until about three months ago. Now she has turned to alcohol and left her daughter in essence. She is at the bar drinking seven nights a week. Although there is no food in the house, there is always a lot of alcohol. My granddaughter's father is a heavy duty drug and alcohol addict. He uses hardcore drugs 24/7. His girlfriend has had her three children removed from her custody permanently due to abuse and neglect. She also is a heavy duty drug user. These are the two people that my daughter is leaving my granddaughter with 6 days a week.

My middle son, 20yo, is abusive to his girlfriend, into using crystal meth, and is under investigation for stat rape. He can't keep a job for more than 3-4 months.

My youngest daughter, 18yo, is engaged to a man who is an alcoholic and abuser. He has three women, including my daughter's best friend, with restraining orders against him. She is blowing off free tution and travel expenses that she has for one year of school only available this year.

My youngest son, 16yo, is in an At-Risk Youth program in our state. His dad, a diagnosed sociopath, is encouraging him to not return home to me when there are two court orders stating that he must do so. This is a very long and involved story.

I am a mess. I know that my adult children have made their own choices and are now having to live with the consequences of those choices. My youngest son is on the same path and I am trying to save him from that.
I need prayers to know what is right.
Steph
Old 01-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nancy, I have been so concerned about you !! At least you could pop in here for a bit. I am praying that God will give the doctors wisdom, but also that He will heal you ! Sending big hugs to you.

Deb, the same type of prayers are being sent up for you. Also for peace for you.

I am going to check into the cold laser treatments before I do spine injections again. Want to check out my options before doing anything else. At least the cold laser is not invasive. Also, will ask about the myofacial release treatments.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Assistant Moderator

Nancy and Linda I have been very worried about you two! Praying for you both!!

Linda I have had cold laser treatments. I swear by them. They have helped my back and neck a lot. I really think if not for a good doctor and cold laser, after one car accident I wouldn't be walking today.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Connie, I have been trying to find someone who had cold laser treatments to see if they worked. Perhaps you could send me a private message and tell me more about them. Thanks !
My chiropractor wants to send me to a different one that uses the cold laser. I appreciated her doing that, especially since that is money not going to her. She justs wants to see me get help. She is a very caring lady and I am thankful for her.
We will most likely have to pay for it, but at this point, I don't care. I just need relief from this pain.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My goodness I've been gone a long time! I want you to know that each of you dear sweet ladies are in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear of all the loss and health problems. These are trying times for each of us in our own way and I pray we continue to seek council in the Lord and love from each other.

A request...My Dad is now in Seattle and ready for his pre-op appointment tomorrow and then surgery on Wed. the 5th to laproscopically remove his prostate. I just ask that the proceedure goes smoothly without complication and that he heals quickly so he can come home. The big worry is that the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and that will be known on Wed. I am trying to not worry and put my trust in the Lord...scary and exciting in a strange sort of way. My Mom is being strong for Dad but I know she's scared to death also.

I have each of you written in my journal...

God Bless to each dear friend and newcomer soon to be friend

Sandra

Closed Thread