Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Please say a prayer for my husband's nephew, as he serves our country in Iraq...
Old 01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barb.....from what you have mentioned about your dad staying off his bike will be not ba pleasant for him. I will keep him in my thaoughts and pray that he listens to the doctors advice.

Pam so slad to hear that your GD is out of the hospital and doing better.

Kay thanks for the update on your lasik surgery. Glad that everything turned out okay...hope the blurriness gets better over the next few days.

Patti keeping JD in my prayers...keep us updated.

Cam....keeping your nephew in my prayers as well as all others who are serving overseas to try and maintain peace.

I would like to ask for prayers for my daughters godfather. He will leave this week to head to Sri Lanka to help with all the devastation there. He is heading over with a team called "dart" from the Canadian military for they think 40 days. There main task will be purifying water and helping any way they can. We are still waiting to see if hubby will go over as he is attached to the field hospital unit. With my health I'm hoping he can stay home but then maybe those over there need him more right now.

Thanks

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

PKG

Those over there need help for sure but Deb you need your hubby home with you and the children right now. Thanks will keep you updated on JD as I find out things.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar_bar I am praying for John and your family. I know this has to be hard for you. I know you are putting this in God's hands and he will take care of all things. You have your DGD and she needs you so much, as you need her. Thank God you are there for eachother.
Linda Lou I am thinking of you and praying for you to be able to handle all of this with your DF. I am hugging you right now (LINDA LOU) I hope this helps a little.
Motherof2 I am so glad your surgery went well. Another thank you to add to the growing list.
Pam I am so glad your GD is home, another thank you. Will pray Gabby continues to heal.
Cam1952 I have added your request to my prayer book.
Barbszy will have to pray that your DF stays off that bicycle. I am sure it is going to be hard for him.
Debbie will add your DD Godfather to my prayer book.
I am praying for all others here. Thank you for the continued prayers for my family.
Hugs, Stormy
Old 01-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

motherof2 - glad your eye surgery went well.

trekmom - know that you are happy that your dear granddaughter is now out of the hopsital and doing better!

barbsky - you will have to tell your Dad not to be so stubborn and to listen to the doctor. I remember my Dad was the same way.

Cam1952 - will keep your husband's nephew and all military in my prayers.

Debbie - will keep your DD's godfather in my prayers. I know the people of Sri Lanka will appreciate all of his and his units help. That tragedy has really upset me and to think of all of the lost lives.

I do hope that your DH does not go as you and the kids need him here for you all. And I am sure his heart would not be in it as he would be worrying about you.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you, all, for your prayers. Also, thanks Stormy for the hug. It does help !

I am also very glad to hear little Gabby is doing better. Happy to hear the good report, Pam.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:55 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: my family is currently stationed at the Little Rock Air Base in Arkansas
Ladies,
I am writing to ask for prayer for our family. We are currently having some trouble with our 14 yr old daughter. She is facing some difficult situations at high school and is not dealing with them well. Her method of dealing with things has been to cut herself. We now have her on medication and she was in counseling but we are looking for a Christian counselor to switch to really soon. She is hanging with some kids that she shouldn't be and says she is questioning if there is even a God. (I don't completely buy that one since she has asked us to pray about some things lately) Please pray that we will find the right coulselor and that we will have wisdom in this situation
If that wasn't enough, it seems like my husband is clueless about how serious some of this stuff is. I need so badly for him to be both a family and a spiritual leader and he just for some reason isn't seeing things. Please pray that I will have the right attitude toward him and that God will open his eyes and he will step up and be the spiritual man we need him to be.
My daughter's name is Maura. Thank you so much.
Mary
Old 01-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Keeping all in prayer....the new requests from Cam1952, Sweet Contrary Mary, DebK for her friend going to Sri Lanka, as well as the other requests that we have been holding in our prayers--Stormy, DebK, motherof2, Kellydid, Bar_bar & Craftyldy's DHs, Pag36 (for JD) and LindaLou's dad, all for improved health....and so many others as well.

My brother is talking about kidnapping all my dad's bikes (3 plus an exercycle) and locking them up. Dad is allowed to do ANY other exercise--just not bicycle riding. He's been an avid rider for 30 years. He does not want to hear it!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning friends...

Just want you to know that I am keeping all of you in my prayers daily that all your situations and health problems are resolved very soon....

someone mentioned gall stones regarding John's (Bar_bar's DH) pain....this was one of the things that my MRI turned up...seems I have a few of them..small and not causing any problems right now but nonetheless there...so I agree that they should also check him for them....

God bless

Old 01-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

First prayers for strenth for everyone and healing be God's will.

BAR_BAR we got off to a rocky start dear but I have come to apreciate your caring and kind heart as so many do hear at family corner. I hope by the time you read this that John is doing better. I am glad that your gd is going to be living with you. I truely don't know how you keep your heart in the right place with all you have to cope with . God bless you. prayers always

Closed Thread