Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Kay, may you be blessed this week with strength, endurance, peace, and joy as you get ready for the wedding.
I know how stressful all of this can be. I will keep you in prayer this week. I am sure it will all be lovely !
Also, may God direct the surgeon in the operation on your eye. I pray you will have perfect vision.
Again, blessings upon your week !
Hugs,
Linda Lou

I also know that Barbar and John are facing a lot this week, and I pray for God to be with them each step of the way.

Cau, I know you are dealing with some things, as well. God be with you and your family .
Old 05-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Assistant Moderator

Kay, sorry I didn't see what was wrong with the eye, or I forgot if I did... but pray that the surgery goes well with your eye and like Linda Lou said, that you get perfect vision.

Linda Lou and everyone for the prayers that are being said for us, I thank you..

Thur will be a long day, and with John working 'Wed night which I'm telling him he should take off, for it be too hard for him to work all night and then be over in Dallas early morning, it be way to hard on him..
So praying he will listen and take Wed night off.

Plus the drive over to Dallas, I'm not looking forwrd to that one bit... so often these drivers can be rude and think of themselves.
it we hit it just right, it no problem, but if we hit the traffic at the wrong time, we can be bumper to bumper.... and wait in line to move...
Just dreading it.

We are praying that all goes the way we are hoping, but with that morgage company, they have been little sneaks, and playng unfair, so I don't know what they got up thier sleeves.

It going to be a very long tiring day for us... and how long we be there no one knows.

Yet we got to take this route and file for bankrupty or else loose the house and land... we cannot afford to do that...
at least going this route we can save it and move on and carry some plans out that we are discussing to get out of this mess we are in due to John's health.. which he cannot help. He feels bad enought about all of this.. bless his heart.

I thank you all once agaIn, for coming to my aid as that money went toward filing this bankrupty or else we would of lose everything alredy.... and I thank you all for the prayers that has been said...

The girls going home is still mixed emotions... they are looking forward to it, and so is my daughter, and I'm looking forward to the break, and praying that things will work out for them as a family.
My daughter re-told me the story about the boyfriend again, and this time it made better sense... plus I've told her it will take time, for I'm totally stress out.. and been thru to much these last few months.. She did started asking questions, which lead me to tell her some of the situations going on at home... which got her attention and what I've been thru....

again, I thank you all for the prayers...

Sorry I've not been that big of a prayer warrior lately, but I do think and pray for you... and I do care.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for the prayers. There is nothing wrong. they are doing a revision on the right eye because it was not done completely the first time. The only problem is that the surgery is 3 days before the wedding I will not be able to wear makeup that day. Oh well I will survive. I do not wear a lot of make up anyway. It is too expensive.

Have a great night everyone!

I am praying that John does not over do it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi to all,

I'm not one to post but I do read all the prayer requests and pray for you people.

I have a prayer request of my own, and it's for me.

My last 3 paps tests have come back showing that something is wrong. Yesterday I went and had a biopsy done.
I'll find out in 2 weeks what is wrong. He says he doesn't think that it's cancer, but of course we won't know until the results come in. Sixteen years ago when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter I had lazer surgery because I had cancer down there. It wasn't a bad type of cancer and they got it all.

I know that God is with me. I know that God will take care of me. But I sit here typing to you crying because I am thinking "what if it is cancer". I know that I shouldn't worry since I don't have the results yet, but that is hard to do.

Please keep me in your prayers.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

JoyJoy....

You are right that the Lord is with you. You can count on him for comfort and strength.

But there is nothing wrong or unusual about being scared. Cancer is such a scary word. I will pray that you will be cancer free and I will pray for your peace of mind as you wait for your results.

Sandra
Old 05-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Joy, of course you are worried! We will be right here to pray with you and for you, and support you whatever comes Don't feel alone, and don't feel guilty about asking for prayers
Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Joy, My prayers are with you. It is a scary thing but you are right that God is with you and holds you in the palm of his hand. take care and lets us know what you find out.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:36 PM

JoyJoy,
I will say prayers for you. When my dd#1 was 20 years old she had to have abnormal cells removed from her cervix. Everything is okay now.

My son didn't have his MRI/MRA today. He had an FBLA banquet to go to so we rescheduled it until June 15th. Please comtinue to pray that nothing bad shows on those tests.

Coll
Old 05-24-2005, 06:32 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good evening everyone! Joy, I will be praying for you. Cancer is such a scary word, it's even a scary thought! Please know that we are here for you in whatever way you may need us.

Well I promised to come and let you all know what was going on when I found out. I have not completely found out everything but something else has happened and I am just in shock. So, I am going to let go and I really need some prayers and shoulders.

First, the shocker! This came out of left field and it has really knocked me for a loop. Adam and Sarah have split, temporarily, I am praying. This was Adam's doing, not Sarah's. I don't know anything that is going on. Nothing. He just called and said they were going to split. I am still in shock. I cannot handle it right now and his dad has told him that. He told Adam when he needs to talk he is to call him and talk to him and not me.

Secondly, I went to orthorpedic surgeon today. He had ordered a CAT scan of my back. The good news was there is nothing there that warrants surgery. The bad news is there is something there, a bulge on my right side, it's not significant, I am going to be going to pain managment and getting 3 more shots in my back.
I have no choice in the matter. We do not know if they will help with the severe pain or not. I do not know what we will do if they don't. The pain has gotten so bad that I am taking upwards of 6 pain pills a day and they are not killing the pain. I can hardly walk to do grocery shopping without being in so much pain by the time I get home that I don't sit and cry.

Thirdly, and I don't know any more than this. I had blood work done 3 weeks ago. My white blood count was high. I had it done again last Friday and it was higher. I do not know what this means or anything. Waiting to see what is going to be done.

Fourth, Kelly is seriously considering quitting work. His job is just getting too dangerous, his pay is being cut, the men are having to work longer hours, do work that they really should not be doing, for a lot less pay. I don't know if he will do this or not, but I hate seeing what these working conditions are doing to him and to the other men.

So, as you can see, I have a lot on me right now. I am trying really hard not to get depressed or down in the dumps.

Bar_Bar, I am praying really hard for you and John.

Train glad you had a great adventure and a safe trip home!

Lita, sweetie, I am keeping you in my prayers, dear.

Nancy, how are my adopted grandkids?

Stormy how is your daughter doing?

I am praying for all those who have asked and especially those unspoken ones.

Love to all,
Nancy
Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh Sweetie.....I just wish I could come right over and wrap you up in a great big snuggly hug and let you know everything will be OK. I don't have any magic words, really, to make everything OK, and you are right, you do have a full plate right now. I am so sorry, Nancy for all you are going through, especially that horrible back pain.
Wait and see with Adam and Sarah....hopefully they just need to talk..or some time apart..........I hope they are able to work everything out.

Now I don't know anything about blood counts and all, but am praying that is something the doctors will be able to help with medications.....

I am just heartbroken............as I said yesterday, wih all that is going on with you and some of the other ladies on Family Corner.
Please know I care.

hugs,train

Closed Thread