Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Debbie~
I am praying for the whole family. A loss like that is so hard on everyone who loved him. My grandfather was just recently diagnosed with the same - colon cancer. He just came home from the hospital today following surgery to remove the cancer and could use everyone's prayers. He is tired and weak but in good spirits. I am so glad that I got to spend time with him and my grandmother while I was back home. I feel much more at peace now should the Lord decide to take either one of them home before I get to back out there at Christmas.
Trekmom~
I am praying for you and your parents tomorrow. God Bless you for being their transportation. I'm sure they are glad to have you with them as they go for these tests.

"Not what we gain, but what we give....measures the worth of the life we live."
http://www.jsantiago.greatesthomebusiness.com
http://saferforyourhome.com
Old 09-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kellydid, Thank you for raising Adam to be such a strong and courageous man to fight for our country. I cannot even begin to imagine the emotions you are going through but just wanted you to know that I care.

Coll, my prayers to your family members who lost their home and belongings in the hurricane. My heart goes out to them.

Barbar, congratulations to you on your new job! Those children will be blessed to have you in their classroom!

Donna Marie, please remember to take good care of yourself...........and praying for healing for John.

And I thank you for your prayers for me. They are working! I am feeling better with some talking, antidepressants, walking, praying and some big attitude adjustments. I had to go back to the doctor for blood tests but won't get results till my next appt in Oct.......

I ask for prayers for my neighbor Debbie, who was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer 2 months ago. She had her first chemo treatment last week.
My friend Sharon lost her dad and she is just heartbroken. Please pray for these dear women.

hugs,train

Old 09-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle PRAISE REPORT!

PRINTER WORKS!!! PRINTER WORKS!!!

I want to thank those of you who fervently prayed for me about my printer. I want you to be encouraged that prayer works. My husband and I just came from WalMart and he went ahead and bought the $34.00 black ink cartridge for my printer! And with trepidation we put it in and did the "print test" and it PRINTED! So my old cartridges just did not work even when I refilled them! And I was sooo worried that it was my printer! I guess some of you can say that I was worried for nothing and why didn't I just go out and get a new cartridge, but I was really not sure because it did work before when I just refilled my old cartridges. Besides I really wanted to save money for hubby to have one less thing to pay for. He works so hard already for us . And we literally live paycheck to paycheck. So anyway, for him to just offer to go look at the printers at walmart and cartridges was something for me. He had not forgotten about my printer and though it took some time he finally responded to my need. He was willing to buy a new printer for me but here we tried something that made a lot of difference! Anyway, thank you ladies!!!Filled with joy, LOVEDMOM! Woooohooooo! *somersaulting across the FC!!* hehehehe

Old 09-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Keeping all in prayer who have asked....Trekmom, for you & your parents during all their testing....Nchilada5, as you build up your business (this is what you have been wanting to do, if I remember correctly), all the best to you!....DebK and others who are mourning the loss of friends....Nancy and all the other moms of people in our military, thank you for raising your children to serve our country & put themselves in danger to keep us safe....and for healing for those who need it--Debora18, Donna-Marie's husband, Bar_bar's husband, and all the others who have been mentioned here.

Lovedmom, I'm so glad to hear your praise report about your printer! I've been a teacher...I know how much you need it to do school!

Did I miss something? Did Bar_bar get a job?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:40 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

LovedMom I am so happy for you!! Yes prayers do work!!!

Nchilada5 I will be praying for your grandfather and his speedy recovery from the colon cancer surgery.

Trainlady You keep up the good work. I know that you can fight this depression. It will be an ongoing battle, one which at times will be difficult, but we are here praying for your success and with the Lord's help, everything is possible. Look at me! I shouldn't be here but I am.

Trekmom Praying all will go well with your parents today and their testing. I pray that your financial situation will improve so that you and yours will have peace of mind. We, too, live paycheck to paycheck. That is part of being retired military.

I want to thank all of you who are praying for Adam. He needs all the prayers he can get now and when he ships out. This is really hard on his daddy, too. Kelly is not "dealing" with this very well. He broke down the other night on me and told me that it just wasn't fair that his son was going back a third time when they wouldn't let HIM go back at all!!! (It's the military in him, he would join back up in a NY minute, if they would have him!) I believe, though, alot of it is, that he and Adam's brother feel they should be over there because it is THEIR jobs to keep Adam safe since he is the youngest.

Thank you and please, I beg you, keep praying for him. All of them will need it this time. It's not going to be easy.

Nancy
Old 09-20-2004, 04:45 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by barbszy
Did I miss something? Did Bar_bar get a job?
I think she is subing at a school.

trekmom, good luck getting everyone to their respective appts. on time. And be careful in your travels. Don't feel bad about asking for gas money, I am sure your Dad will be glad to give!

LovedMom, glad the printer works!! Maybe I should have you look at mine!

trainlady, so good to see you posting. Hope you pop right out of that depression. Maybe just visiting FC will help!

kellydid, will definitley keep Adam in our prayers! Does he have everything together to go overseas?

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:06 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am so sorry I meant to post that Adam has everything but three items he needs to leave. He called last night and I will have to check our BX here for the last three items he will need to buy for himself. I get so blamed angry that the military will not provide EVERYTHING these guys and gals need to go over and fight with.
They put this stuff on the list, but yet, they won't give it to them or if they do give it to them, it is so old or outdate, the kids won't use it because they know there is better stuff out there to protect them or a much better piece of clothing to wear that will offer better protection from the weather over there so they have to fork out the money out of their own pockets.

Then the public who is not aware is complaining about how the military gets all this stuff for "FREE" ie: medical, housing( which by the way, is NOT free!), pharmacy, stuff like that. Well, let me tell ya, here, the base hospital, there is no inpatient care. So you go to the local hospital and you will pay the difference in the what the military insurance pays and what the hospital charges, the same goes for the medicine that the hospital does not carry!!!

Sorry, wrong thread to vent on.

Nancy
Old 09-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nancy, I don't mind the vents...
We owe guys like your son EVERYTHING. They put themselves on the line for everyone else.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:17 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

NO Kellydid, DON'T be sorry!!!

I never knew this before about the military. I did hear about the housing, but it never bothered me. I don't even know anyone in the military.

It really has me torqued up that they don't give our military people what they need! Why can't our tax money pay for these items?????

I was even complaining to my dh about it this weekend! I hope I don't get anyone angry over this but!! I have neighbors who claim to be disabled, but yet they can do everything and anything. And they are collecting disability, and because of collecting this disability, they are able to send their kids to HeadStart for free!!! Than they shopped at all the expensive stores for clothing for their kids. When here I am struggling to pay for preschool for my DD, and I shopped at Goodwill, the hand-me-downs from my niece, and K-mart/Wal-mart to fill in around the edges.

Yet, my tax money is not buying the men/women fighting for my coutnry for the items they need to fulfill their duties. But, for these kids to go to preschool which is not at all necessary!!!! Just really angered me!!

So sorry, to vent, but it really has me in a tizzy!!!!!!! I am right there next to you Kellydid. And as I stated I don't even personally know anyone in any military!!!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

blushing Update on Mother

Hello All! I'm sorry I have not posted sooner on Mom's condition. Her liver operation went well and she has a few tests, MRI, U/Sounds, etc. They had found a "spot" on her kidney, well all the blood tests came back normal, and they said it was just a cyst... which Dr. said was normal after the liver resection she had done. So far she is cancer free, according to 4 different doctors. Her liver is replenishing itself anfter 1/2 being removed... which is great! It is growing finally they said. She says she is feeling better, but has a few of those"days". A lot of it is she is not getting any younger, just like the rest of us, LOL! I had to tell her that I too don't always feel like I did when I was 21 either... The prayers are definately working for her and thanks to everyone who had asked about her, had her in your prayers, etc. She just feels blessed to be with us today, as this is her third bout with cancer since about 1957-58 (since she was 20). She had her 67th birthday in June. We appreciate your caring ways!

Unknown

Closed Thread