FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   Prayer Partners/Prayer Chain - 2 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/10959-prayer-partners-prayer-chain-2-a.html)

BrotherPat 05-20-2004 08:40 AM

Hi Ladies,

I Know it has been awhile but I wanted to give a praise report.

The two men that were injured by chemical burns out here several weeks ago.

One was released and is back at work.

The other man is progressing along well, He still has a long way to go several surgeries still ahead of him but he is hanging in there with a positive attitude. It has helped that he is strong in his christian faith.
The Chemical workers union has been very helpfull to his family through this crises, and his co-workers took up a collection for his family to help out. He appreciates everyones prayers and I ask that we continue to keep him and his family in our prayers.

Take care ladies and remember

GOD loves you and so do I :stripes: :-D :)

redcardinalbird 05-20-2004 08:16 PM

Re: for billy

Quote:

Originally posted by troubles_54901
can everyoone please pray for billy he keeps not listening he is having a raulph time in school !!! He's in 4 th grade !! he will listen to authority figures in jesus name !!!!!

Troubles will be glad to and can understand as I have a 4th grader!

Trainlady - I am glad that you will be safer, can spend more time with DH. Hopefully the income problem will work itself out.

Jenna 05-22-2004 09:51 PM

Hello sisters,:heart:

I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive and well!;) Sorry, it has been so long since I posted. It has been a bit strange around here with DH home. I don't get much time at the computer. I want to spend as much time with Dh, planning and praying together.

Thank you all for your best wishes. My mother seems to be handling the news about her impending tests and possible surgery. Thank you so much for your prayers.:heart:

Looks like DS will be moving home. He is living with two other students right now, but this is not going to work next season. One of the boys is leaving to attend a different school and the other is finished this spring. So...Chris can't afford the rent himself. It has been about 18 months since he lived at home, so this should be different for all of us. I have missed him so much! I think this is answer to prayer. DS has suggested paying us some rent, which we really need right now with Don unemployed. The Lord is good!:heart:

:heart: Jenna

autumnmum 2002 05-23-2004 12:06 AM

(()) Yes, Jenna, The Lord is Good!!! :heart:
What a doublely wonderful surprise you have....... Your DS coming "home", plus a financial aid, to boot. What more could a mom want?? The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't he? I would be in heaven, if one of my children would come back to the nest. I miss those days so much.

Carol Ann & :cat: :cat:

troubles_54901 05-23-2004 07:44 AM

billy says

he spraned his ankle and he sats he is doing better !! praise god !!!!

Candy 05-23-2004 12:29 PM

^^
I just love this little hopping dude!
God be with us all ! Feeling blue today and I know God Does NOT want that. So I am on here for a little bit. Does my heart good to read your posts. I too miss the days when my kids lived at home. It was not a smooth ride but at least I was never lonely. I guess I need to accept things as they come. I am a recent born again Christian. Always beleived but never really put any effort into learning and following God's word. Finding it hard not to condeme my self. Pray for me for strength in my journey. Thank you.

bar_bar 05-23-2004 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just checking in with all of you and saying prayes for you all

Candy we are thrilled to have you joined in our group.^^

Tracy, hate to hear about Billy, hope he be fine soon.

Jenna glad you are looking forward to your son coming home, and that is wonderful that he would be willing to help. I know my son is good to help us around the house and with things too.
glad you mom is handling things alright. that a big help.

Trainlady how are things going for you dear?

Bro Pat thanks for the update.

as we say our prayes, let keep many that are on the boards for prayes as we come across them..

Like Pg36's brother as he is in pain as he going thur chemo

for Breezy... Prasie GOD is thought with chemo, but she still needs prayers to get back the strength she has lost.

for Stormy as she is going thru her hard struggle ing fighing this cancer she has

FOR our sweet Carol Ann for weight.

and so many others

as we join hands in prayers to stand together in the gap for one another, as we are going thru our trails, and struggles, but know we love one another...

God bless you all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Linda Lou 05-23-2004 03:13 PM

Hello, everyone ! :heart:
Candy, so glad you have joined us here. This is a terrific bunch of folks. That is so awesome you have decided to follow the Lord.
Hope we can be of some encouragement to you. The Bible says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. My pastor says the only reason we need to feel badly about anything is if we have blatant sin in our lives, and unwilling to repent and ask God to help us. Then, conviction is in order, but condemnation and conviction are two different things. I feel that with conviction, it is due to His love for us, to help us on our journey. With condemnation, it is the enemy beating us up, telling us we are no good, and never will be anything. But, that is just not so ! If Christ loves us so much He was willing to die for us, then we have GREAT value. So, consider yourself hugged today, and tell that old devil he is a liar ! Jesus loves you !!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: You know we will pray for you !

Jenna, God has unusal ways of doing things, doesn't He? I know that the Lord will take care of you. He promises to provide for ALL our needs ! We love you and are praying for His blessings upon you.

Got a letter from Miss Lynette, that Sweetie. She is redecorating her bedroom. I know she is having fun with that. Won't we all be happy when her computer is fixed ?

Bar_bar, how are you feeling? Are you having any more dizziness? If so, you be sure and get to the doctor. Don't need you sick. Hope John is doing better with his broken ribs and all. Sending prayers for him,too. That and for his upcoming surgery. We will be here each step of the way, holding you up. Wish I could be there in person for the surgery to just provide support, but know in your hearts we will be there. That, and we thank God for him being there ! That is the most important thing, anyway. Keep us posted, and I know you will . Hey, what day is your birthday?

Oh, Carol Ann, we are looking forward to hearing this weeks weigh in news ! We just got a frozen custard place. We were SO bad and went twice last week. Now, back to being good. We never had them here on the west coast before. When we were in New Jersey, we had one there at the shore. MMMM, goood.
I imagine Jerszytomato has had them. If I were there, I would take you for one ! Hugs to you.

Wonder how Cathy is ? Praying for her and her family.

I sent Stormy another little card this week. Hope it helps a bit to cheer her up.

autumnmum 2002 05-24-2004 01:32 AM

(()) Linda Lou ~ I LOVE frozen custard!! I am looking forward to my tuesday weigh in also. I can actually feel something, other than bone now! LOL

:confused: "Did Noah build another Ark"????? We still are having severe thunderstorms, and the grounds are no longer grounds........ They are lakes & streams. Everything is flooded. Alot of people are having flooded basements, and having to throw out all those belongings. My flowers and veggies, are absolutely, lovin all of this, though.

(()) Barb, How are you and dh doing? _____yes, when is your birthday? :confused:

:heart: My thoughts & prayers, are with you all......

Have a Blessed Monday sisters, & brothers.

Carol Ann

bar_bar 05-24-2004 10:51 AM

hello my siters and Bro Pat... thank goodness we have one brother here.

My birthday is in July a few weeks after my dh's. like about 12 days later.

the dizzyness is almost gone...not everyday, just ever so often, so I thinking it has somethig to do with my overdoing it, or my hormones... so relax ladies, I'm fine.. thanks for caring so much.
I should of have keep my mouth shut... mmm... it amazing what sometimes we write and then requet we wrote it. ;-)

Hope all is well with you all... praying for my siblings here that I do love so much...
I just hope one day I get the privilege of meeting you and give you a hug for all you have meant to me...

I'm am truly blessed to be able to share prayers with and be involved with you ladies....

BrotherPat 05-24-2004 11:08 AM

I Just wanted to post this poem for those that may need it.

My wife Nini crochets, bookmarks in the shape of crosses and we pray over them then give them away as bookmarks or prayer cloths and attach this poem is to each one.....

It was written by an unknown author...

Your Cross

Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
There will always be sunshine
after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble,
perhaps even fall,
But God's always ready
to answer your call.
He knows every heartache,
sees every tear,
A word from His lips
can calm every fear.
Your sorrows may linger
throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish
at dawn's early light.
The Savior is waiting
somewhere up above,
To give you His grace
and send you His love.
Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
God always sends rainbows
after the rain.

Remember God Loves you and so do I
Brother Pat
:) :)

bar_bar 05-24-2004 11:36 AM

Bro Pat... thank you... May we copy this and use it ourselves?

thank you dear wife for that beautiful poem and what she does.

GOD bless her and tell her we say "hello" to her.

I was thinking of you earleir, as I just got thru listening to a radio message about how others reached out to and I thought about your website and how you are reaching out to others.

how is that going for you?

BrotherPat 05-24-2004 12:05 PM

Ladies,

Yes by all means you are welcome to copy and use the poem....

troubles_54901 05-24-2004 12:41 PM

hi

thank you it was very beautiful !!! thank you for sharing it !! god bless

redcardinalbird 05-24-2004 08:15 PM

Thanks for sharing Brother Pat! It was very touching.

Abear 05-25-2004 05:07 AM

I Got This in an E-Mail This Morning

For those who might doubt this is true, you can check it out here:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/children/sheffield.asp

The prayer request is for a little boy in Tifton......

The Prayer is for Joe William Sheffield (he is 9-years old)-his mother is a teacher in the school system in Tifton, Georgia. They attend First Baptist Church in Tifton. He has been diagnosed with cancer and began his Chemo on Christmas Eve.

First Baptist has a program called the Prayer Beeper. When you pray for this child, call this toll free number 1-877-546-0248. Listen to the recording and input number 733#.

What happens is this child wears the beeper and every time it vibrates he knows somewhere someone is lifting him up in prayer! What a wonderful ministry. I just did this myself-what an awesome blessing for this little boy every time he gets a buzz...and what a blessing for us to know that we are showing him God's love in such a quick way.

Please take a minute out of your day to say a prayer for Joe William...I am sure it means a lot to him and helps keep his spirits up every time he gets a "beep".

Please pass this along to all of your friends so Joe will know that even people that don't know him still care enough to say a prayer for him.

** I just did it. That is a toll-free number.

Linda Lou 05-25-2004 08:32 AM

Abear, thanks for the info. Small world, as I have met a sweet friend on the computer from Tifton. Have not had the pleasure of meeting her in person, yet, as we live about 3,000 miles apart.
I will have to send this to her and see if she knows about him. She probably does since it is a small town. She attends another church there in Tifton.
May God perform a miracle in this boys body.

bar_bar 05-25-2004 09:49 AM

Abear thanks for the prayer request... I will send it out to others as well calling it myself.

Linda let us know if this lady has heard about this little boy, who knows maybe we can find out more abut the little boy.

That is so neat how they can put a beeper on him where he can feel the calls. and may GOD heal him where this can be a testimony for others,

hope everyone is haveing a wonderful day.

autumnmum 2002 05-25-2004 12:16 PM

:daisy: Tuesday ~ Weigh~In Day :daisy: I'm very pleased to announce that I now weigh 83 lbs. ......only one more pound, but a very important one. Thank you all, for your concern. I see the doctor on thursday. I shall then find out if he is happy with my gain, also.

(()) Everyone have a Blessed Tuesday!! ^^

Linda Lou 05-25-2004 12:47 PM

Carol Ann, that is good, another pound. My doctor says if I could even lose half a pound a week, that would be considered fine. You think, it takes about 3,000 extra calories to gain or lose a pound, so that is good. We keep praying for God to restore your weight.

troubles_54901 05-25-2004 01:51 PM

billy

billy is fine negitive was the blood test for the lime desease !!! thank god !!!!!

bar_bar 05-25-2004 02:41 PM

Tracy, so glad to hear all went well. ^^ ^^

Carol Ann... I think I am giving you my weight... as I'm losing ^^ ^^ ^^ even my son is noticing that I'm losing....

so continue to take it please.....

I'm thrilled to know you have gain another lb.. one lb = another lb= another= more weight to a healty Carol Ann ^^ ^^ ^^
prayers are being answered

Thank you JESUS for the prayers that are being answered.
Thank you that Billy is fine... continue to heal him.
Thank you for the extra lbs you are putting on Carol Ann our sister, and thank you for taking me to a jouney and for using my hands to write for you to tell of the experiences I've been thru, I pray that these will help others, and for those that said it has I thank you LORD for that.

I thank you for the e xtra lbs I'm losing.
be with this little boy, and the others that are hurting and in need of prayers.
GUI*DE us as we go thru the rest of the day and be with all those unspoken prayers.
thank you for lstening to us and for asnwering our prayers.

WE LOVE YOU and give you the honor and the GLORY
I lift up each one of these folks her on Fc no mattter if they are in this thread or not.

In JESUS name I pray these things and give thanks to
Amen

Linda Lou 05-25-2004 02:51 PM

Bar_bar, I am very proud of you for losing that weight. I struggle so badly with weight. I need to get serious again and start keeping track of what I am eating. I just don't do well going hungry. That seems the only way I can lose. So, pray for me, that I will find what will work to overcome this battle.

Good news that Billy doesn't have lime disease. Praise God.

I have been thinking of Jenna today. I pray she is well. Also, will keep praying for God's direction and provision for a job for Don.

Sure miss Lynette. It was nice getting the letter from her, though.

BrotherPat 05-25-2004 03:13 PM

Praise the Lord

For the answered paryers

Makes you want to jump up and shout THANK YOU JESUS

He is just so wonderfull

I always love hearing great news and praise reports......

Nothing like a testimony of healing.

:heart: :-D ^^ :) :stripes:

autumnmum 2002 05-25-2004 03:45 PM

(()) :heart: Thank you all, for your kind words. You are all in my heart, and I think of you all, every day. Being here, and sharing with you all, has made a whole new out look for me. I am so honored to call you "friends" ~ "family".

:heart: Today, in the mail, came the little booklet that I requested, "The Passion of the Christ" ~ I began to read and then finished it completely. I can't tell you just how 'moved' I am right now. Has anyone else read it? Has anyone seen the movie? It will be on my "to-do" list, for sure.

bar_bar 05-25-2004 05:33 PM

Carol Ann... there is a thread here on the religious forum about the movie .. and yes Jenna and I both has seen this movie...
check out the thread and learn more.

I'm working on another story... and it over the limit... it has to be shorter now... instead of 1000 they made it 750 the max....
I'm a talker... Lol, but I bet you couldnt' tell that....

IF GOD wants me to write this week, HE is going to have to make it work.

autumnmum 2002 05-25-2004 06:42 PM

(()) Thank you Barb. I found the thread and read throughout it. The movie is a "must" for me.

:heart: I have faith in you..... you will be able to shorten your next story. I will be asking to read it when done.

Linda Lou 05-26-2004 02:35 PM

I copied and am posting what my friend in Tifton said about the little boy:
Yes the story about the boy in Tifton is true, and the school was so good to him. Allot of the teachers (men) shaved there heads, the principal, and his father. His Dad works for Georgia DOT and allot of the guys did it there too. They were in all the papers, and on TV. His Dad gets his allergy shots here so we know him. Kinda neat to know it has been all over the US isn't it? The phone number does work and is toll free. I find it heart warming!

(My friend works at the allergy clinic there in Tifton. )

I will be leaving Friday with my husband on a trip to Idaho. We are driving, so please pray for our safety. Going to visit friends who moved there. Long story, but they went for a job and it didn't work out. Now it is looking as though they will be taking an assistant pastors postiton at a church there.

In case I don't get on here tomorrow, then you all have a blessed weekend. Hugs to you all.

bar_bar 05-26-2004 09:37 PM

when yo click to snoops it takes you to pictures of the little boy as well to the other pictures you were mention

Linday have a safe trip dear.. and we will be here when you get back.

You have a wonderful weekend too and check in with us once you get back home.

GOD BLESSS.(())
and thanks for the above post... I've made the call and you can hear the pastor and then youput the code in... I think it so cool
and it has to be warming the parents hearts.

lets make those phone calls ladies.

trainlady 05-27-2004 01:38 PM

Hello my friends!!

I have had the most FRUGAL, CHEAP, but BESTEST week I have had in a long time!!!!! We are having to really watch our money now that I am out of work but we have had lunch and dinner together every day for the past week. Keep in mind I worked overnights...meaning we shared maybe one or two meals together in an ENTIRE week!! My DH says "It is so nice to have dinner together and not have to get my food out of tupperware containes and microwave it!"
I have enjoyed JUST BEING HOME!!!...reading the paper, having my quietime in the backyard, watching TV (Though I admit I am a bit disappointed in Prime Time TV; turns out I wasn't missing that much after all!!)
I will have to look for another job. We do need the money. I have to get myself in the frame of mind to fill out applications again. It is very discouraging with the full realzation that so many other people are filling out the application for that SAME job. And most places, still, are not hiring at all. I have waited tables and have done activity aides jobs in nursing homes. I have enjoyed both. I have had to start jobs over so many times though due to my husband being transfered so much and that is frustrating.
So, for these days I get to "be Home" I will enjoy them!! We are going on a "date" tonight, a FREE park conert!!!!! YIIPPEEE..!!!!

Hugs, Donna :daisy: :daisy:

bar_bar 05-27-2004 02:23 PM

Trainlady I am so happy for you; that you going to go to the retreat now... for those that don't know what I am talking about look over at

Women OF Faith thread about her retreat she was going on which can be found over at
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...3&goto=newpost

she is going^^ ^^

and that you and your dh is enjoying one another company and the time together... we all need that special time with our mates no matter if we are woman or men... for GOD put a family unit together to enjoy. Sounds as if you are totally...^^ ^^
do wish you the best for looking for work... if you want to work at home and like selling... then pm me and I tell you what I'm doing.

enjoy your trip and we will stay in prayer for you when you are gone to it.

Tomorrow Linda be leaving to go on a trip so let still in praye for her to have a safe one.

For all that may be on the road during the Memorial Weekend my prayers for GOD to put angels around you to protect you from those careless drivers out there... for those self center... greedy drivers that just think of themselves.
for you not to get to angry at them when they pull a stunt like that in front of you....

take care and I think of you all often... so if you ears are burning it could be me talking about you ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

and Lynettes ears should be burning for I want her back soon...
going to have to put a call in to her and check on her.

Lynette 05-28-2004 04:48 PM

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Dear Sisters 'o mine......

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
Oh how I have missed you all so much!!! It has been the longest 3 weeks of my life! Praise God that the computer is brand new and is a "happy" computer and that the new internet company has given us the FIRST FOUR MONTHS of service FREE!!!!!:-D

I love you all, must run to an appointment just wanted ya'll to know I AM BACK!!!

Love you all
Lynette(()) :-D ^^

bar_bar 05-28-2004 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
welcome back sister Lynette

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ JUMPING FOR JOY to see you back with us.. I've along with others been thinking of you...

Linda Lou is gone for the weekend but she be thrill to see you back.

Cathy well not sure where she is... not heard from her on the boards

we have a new flower called Lady Donna in honor of Craftyldy
located at:
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...8&goto=newpost

Autumn has gain another lb...^^ ^^
and you got alot to catch up on..

Trainlady is back not sure if she was back before you left or not.

here is our hug to you for we are so happy to have you back and this is your welcome back hug

how does it feel to have that computer back.. LOL LOL

again we are thrill to have you back, we missed you so much..(())

bar_bar 05-28-2004 05:35 PM

that us giving you hugs.... so watch it and you will feel those hugs.
LOL LOL

Lynette 05-28-2004 06:06 PM

Wow!

Thank you so much for your hugs and well wishes. Ya'll made me cry while I read all the posts I have missed over the past 3 weeks.

Now, I haven't had my computer for over an hour yet and I am already posting a request. But hey, that is what we are here for, isn't it!

Would you please remember my mom (and me) this weekend? 12 years ago this Memorial Day weekend is when my dad had a heart attach and died in his sleep. Each year mom gets through it better and better but it is still so very hard for her. I miss my daddy, too, and it isn't an easy holiday for me, either. So if you don't mind, we would sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers and for them, I thank you in advance!

Blessings and hugs,
Lynette(())

bar_bar 05-28-2004 06:39 PM

you got it, for you and your mom..
I can recall burying mom on my birthday, and each year it another year....yet there is a saddness for missing mom..
My heart goes out to you both.

also please keep John and I in your prayers as we may be leaving in the mornng to go after our granddaughter in another state....
not 100 percent sure yet... and don't know if I will have time to jpost or not... but if we do I will try to post but can't promise.

see you all later.

autumnmum 2002 05-28-2004 11:51 PM

(()) Glad to see you back home, Lynette!! ^^

I will be praying for you and your Mother, and wishing that the days ahead will go even easier for you both. :heart:

(()) Barb, If you do decide to travel, may God be with you. Let us know of your ending decision.

(()) I have a prayer request, for Janet. This tuesday she will go in for surgery, for a lump to be removed from her breast. Please give up your thoughts and prayers for her. She is my adopted Lil 'Sis...... Thank you....

Sueanne 05-29-2004 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Janet.... Sending all my love & prayers to you. Seems we all have this problem. I am sure everything will be alright for you too.
_________
Sueanne:daisy:

bar_bar 05-29-2004 07:23 AM

DD just called and told me that they were were able to go after her...
so that free up John's and mine weekend sort of..
I now can go to my booth and switch booths from the old one to the new one I'm getting.... that going to take up some time, for after I take out the stuff that belongs to my dd, then I got to dress up the new one...

I just wanted to drop in and say I would be traveling to Okla...

but next weekend I could be taking her back, as dd asked if she had to take her back to her dad's would I do that where she doesn't have that trip twice... and she would give us the money to do it...
so will have to wait and see what she will take place.

tomorrow is suppose to be the other gdaughters birthday party as she is turning 4 tomorrow...

Abear 05-29-2004 11:27 AM

Please go read this post from Debbie F. She posted it under the "Joys & Concerns" thread.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...8&goto=newpost