Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

update on Tom

Hi everyone, I continue to check this thread daily and prayer for all the needs and give praise for all the joys.

The update on Tom is that he did not have surgery yesterday but will have it tomorrow to do a muscle graft from his upper thigh. They are going to wait on removing the patella until the next surgery. He will be in ICU for a couple of days and get this he will be going HOME after that. It is amazing how fast they send people home now. Just continue to pray that no other complications arise and his continued healing.

Thanks for all the compassion here. It makes your day a lot better.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar-Bar

Where do you get those inspiring pictures that you add to your posts? They are so beautiful and awe inspiring. I will keep everyone posted on DS. He was to be at the hospital this morning at 7:30. I won't hear anything until probably late this evening. Thank you for the prayers.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

praise report

my husband got the job starts on friday ffor class then they will tell him where he works possliby that nite or day so talk to you later ok am still praying for all
Old 08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Congrats

I will keep praying that the job is a good one.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mactom

CONGRATS!!!! So exciting! There is hope for me yet! Will continue to pray for him as prayers for one starting a new job is ALWAYS a good thing!!

Old 08-04-2004, 02:50 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Congrats

Congrats !!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I pray that he will truly like this job.

Lynette: Never, ever give up hope. I will be praying for you and yours, also
Old 08-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

mactom That is great news!!!! Keep us postred on how it goes!!

Would everyone do me a favor and please send positive thoughts my way....I ended up at the doc's office today with my heart rate way up , tingling tongue and all that good stuff!!
He figures it is just major anxiety with my upcoming flight and all the funerals and stuff we are trying to fit in before I leave. I wish it did not bother me to fly but.......unfortunately it does. I will be in the air for 6 hours and then 30 minutes on the little plane across the pacific ocean to the Island. I figure with all your positive thoughts and prayers I will make it through with no passing out on the stewardesses!!!! Thanks a million!!!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Does anyone know anything about Paxil CR? My doctor put me on it today. He told me that all the worrying I do is making me have anxiety attacks and causing me not to sleep. He also told me to make sure my mom is getting proper medical care. How do you convince someone to change doctors? I think she needs a new PCP, but she won't hear of it. Still don't know anything about her kidney surgery. Thanks for all the prayers you have been saying for us. We greatly appreciate all the love and prayers.

Coll

Old 08-04-2004, 03:57 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Paxil

Coll I was on Paxil (not Paxil XR) I assume that is time released? Am I correct?

It did not work for me. Mainly because of the depression I was also suffering from. However, with the doctor putting you on it for what he has, it might work for you. I know it has worked for others in your circumstances.

Dear, I am going through the same thing with my dad. I do not like the doctor he sees. Personal reasons. But he will not change. I, however, have told my dad, that if he has to go into the hospital for any reason, this doctor will not come near him.
My dad understands why. Matter of fact there are 4 doctors who will never come near my dad if he ever has to go into the hospital here in town.

The medication you are on is a good one. Don't misunderstand me. It is very good. It should work for you. It just didn't for me, because I had severe depression along with other problems.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am taking paxil as well, just 10 mg. at night, but, it really helps alot!! My mom is a nurse and she said the PaxilCR is time released and is a very good med. Before I began taking Paxil, I cried all the time for no apparent reason, and was very grouchy all the time!! In fact, now when I have a bad day, my kids ask if I remembered to take my medicine!!

Closed Thread