Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Please keep a friend of John's and mine... His name is Bill... he has high fever and having trouble breathing... he will be on his way to the hospital, not sure what is going on but a very closer friend of ours... Please pray that all is well...
his wife doesn't need soemthig to go wrong with him either. she has lost 2 husb. already... and Like I've said a very close friend like a brother to John...
thanks for your prayers.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Am praying Barbara

You know, sometimes it is too easy to be focused on all our problems and then we hear about someone like Stormy, or Julie's dh and your John and now this friend!! Then my troubles don't seem to be anything at all. Good to focus on others and Barbar you have a huge heart and even though you are there in Texas, I feel your hugs out west here! Thank you so much for loving and caring about others even when your needs go unspoken! You truly are a woman of Grace....a woman after God's own heart! Love ya!

Last edited by Lynette; 06-04-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

DUH!!

I got so wrapped up in barbar's wonderful compassion I forgot my request! ;-)

I have come to a decision! I need to have a second job that gets me OUT of the house. I need a job where I put others' needs before mine. I have decided to look in to a Medical assistant program so that I can become licensed and work in one of our local hospitals or the cancer care center which just happens to be a mere 3 blocks from home. Pray that God will show me what I direction I need to go. But I do know I need to redirect my self-centeredness that I have adopted since working my own hours and at my leisure.

Thanks, sisters! Love ya!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lynette dear, thank you... you left me speechless.
I just want to reach out to a hurting world, I've been in some of those places before... I've been in areas that I wish I could thow away but I guess if I did that I wouldnt' be who I am. LOL
by the way who am I? LOL
DON'T ANSWER... lol
I might not like what I hear. LOL LOL

no really, some of us can get out and do for others that way, others are called to reach out thur the internet..
others are called to be on the phone
others are called ..... ____________________________
you fill in the blank.
but we are called to reach out and not to focus on ourselves..
We are suppose to lay in at the throne and walk away from it.. we cannot do a thing about it but
LET GO >>>>>> LET GOD.
of course you knew I was going to say tht didn't you? LOL

I told GOD 2 yrs ago when I got my computer it was HIS. to take me where HE wanted me, to use my fingers to type what HE wants.
now sometimes I don't listen and get carried away. LOL, or have fun with it. but I think that ok. GOD did teach me humor thanks to my husband, but GOD gave me John... bless his heart.
of course John had no idea what he was tangling with or teaching to me.. so now I'm overtrained. LOL

Even my daughter told me.... " MOM, when dad goes his humor won't, for you will carry it forth, for you are being more like dad older you get" I sat and cryed for that was a high complement to me.
I thanked her and smiled as I gave her a hug.

as the saying goes " I thought I had no shoes until I met the man with no feet"
point is you always think you have it the worst until you look around and you will find others much worst than what your own problems is.
Then I said a prayer of thanksgiving that my problems are not that bad.

also my grandmother taught me the golden rule. Treat othes the way you would want to be treated. and boy I wanted to be treated with love, and with friendship.. for I sure wasn't feeling I was receiving that.

I learned I had to get my life right to get a plesure out of reaching out to others. It brings joy to me. and Now it helps to take away the pain that I could be going through.
DON"T take me wrong, I human just like the rest and sometimes, I whine, get mad, and want more than what I am getting.
I want action A S A P and I wonder where are you GOD.
Then it comes to mind " ALL IN HIS TIME"
and I learned not to pray for patience... oh no, done that way to many times.

I can't do alot because of my own aches and pains... can't stand for hours over hours... due to my back and legs...
but I can sit and reach out to othes... and this is what I do with my little computer and fingers.

I can't use the fancy words like most....and can't prounce alot of words.... but I know GOD loves me and HE uses me..

Most of the time I do not see what you all see in me... but thank goodness for then I might get hi and mighty and I never want that.
I'm just little me, with sin like anyone else... but I can't please GOD any more or any less....
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD (ME and YOU) that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON FOR ME AND YOU.
there fore all I have to do is to accept HIM.. and I have, and hope my sisters that you have too.
FOR without accepting the Son we cannot get to the Father.

Romans 10:9-10

For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

and there are more if ever needed.

I just want to follow wherever HE leads...

thank you for the kinds words Lynette my dear sister.

And don't you darn leave us.... for I would cry as I need you here too. we all need you....
BUT I will send you my best wishes where ever GOD leads you to do...
GOD will bless you as you are givng care to othes.
I will keep you in my prayers as I love you my sister Lynette..

GOD BLESS.
sorry I got carried away on myself. but at times my arms gets to long and I guess I reach around to much. LOL
Old 06-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Juliecc913 - Glad your DH is pulling thru, from your description it could have been so much worse!

Prayers continued to be said for everyone's concerns, especially Theirmom, Breezy and Morelia. Lynette, may you have divine guidance in your path.

Now another request, thankfully it is not major at this time. Had to take DD in to Dr. as she was up all night with a hurting ear. She has both an inner ear infection and swimmers ear in the outer canal, plus an "icky" throat. The ARNP said since she would be on meds she did not want to put her thru the throat swab. DD is also referred to ENT for possibly another set of tubes and maybe tonsillectomy as consistent strep and snoring. Her ENT appt will be 6/18. I am not looking forward to another set of tubes but hopefully they will do the tonsils. She has huge ones!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Red... you and your dd is in my prayers... just send one up before I typed and will continue to pray for you both

Our friend "Bill" just called the fever finally broke last night, and it gone, but he still not feeling up to par.. I told him no fooling. you are now drain.
his breathing is better too, so is his blood pressure.. so we are not sure what was going on... but the GOOD LORD listen to our prayes and touched him and for that I am saying thank you for your prayers, but THANK YOU LORD....

sometimes things doesn't take long, other times the healing takes longer, and then sometimes the healing is not on this earth but with HIM.

YOU all have a great day.
Cathy sorry I didn't get my message type to you but with our friend I just couldn't focus. will try to post it later today.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey there my dear, praying sisters!

I have a request for you. I was suppose to be the keynote speaker at a womens' ministry seminar tomorrow however I got a frantic call from the director this a.m. canceling the event. I am really OKAY with this ....just didn't feel like I was totally together but anyway the reason for canceling is that the director's baby grandson is in our Naval hospital in Bremerton. He is NOT even a month old yet and has blood poisoning. He is not doing well and they felt they needed to cancel every plan a rush over to be with the parents and the little one. So please lift up 'Baby Blake' and his mom and dad. This horrible for them as this is their firstborn.

Thank you!
Hugs
Lynette
Old 06-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lord I lift up baby Blake to you... touch his little body and bring healing.. cast that bad blood away and restore it with the blood that will keep him alive and to be able to be raise and be a vessel for you.
Put your arms around his parents and let them Feel your presence and to trust and know you are in the midst of them.
Be with the doctors and the nurses as tey are watching over baby Blake..
LORD, have your will be done in this matter.
I ask that you cast satan and his dirty work out of this family life and bring a blessngs and miracle for testimonies of your healing power for this faimily and others to tell about.
Lord be with my sister Lynette to give her the words and to know how to comfort this family.

In Jesus name I pray Amen

I also want to bring some prayers to the table again.

1. my sons girlfriends dad... name is Ronnie... he will be going into the hospital monday to have stunts put into his chest and will be there for a week. also he will be facing chemo due to cancer..

he thanked me today as we are going to be watching over his daughter and thanked us for what we do for her.
I want prayers for her as I know she is concern about her dad.

also the 2nd prayer request
a very good friend of ours.... for he is fixing to go thought some hard situations, things I don't feel I can talk about right now.. he been away for awhile and we just got thought talking to him over the phone and will see him Tue. since many years ago.
his path that he will be on will be a hard one to travel on.
His name is Tom.... he is in his early 30's I do believe.
and He is now a christian, Praise GOD.... and he feels GOD is calling him into the ministry.. will find out more about this Tue...
John and I will have open arms waiting to see him Tue.
Pray for the roads that he will be traveling in the months to come, for GOD to use him in the ministry Tom feels he been called.
and if we are to be involved GOD will open our eyes to see it without no doubt. as Tom feels GOD wants us involved in this.

I thank you for your prayers.

GOD BLESS>
Old 06-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Prayers that Blake will soon be on the mend.

Update to the following:
Quote:
Originally posted by redcardinalbird
An update: His name is Bernie Jr. The operation he had today was to drill a hole in his head as he was having intense headaches and they hope this will relieve the pressure.

The parents of this young man have also lost 3 daughters to cancer so needless to say are very upset. They have another son, who as of now, is cancer free.

Thanks for all your prayers, I know the family will appreciate them.

Went to Good Friday Services and added prayers for all my computer friends and their concerns.
Bernie, Jr. died and was buried on Saturday. His poor parents are handling it pretty well, they did not like seeing him suffer, but to lose 4 of your children....

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This was sent to me by a friend, she is a member of FC, but is very busy and I asked if I could post it for her. So here it is and an update.

"I would like for y'all to say a special prayer for my neighbors Author and Trina and their girls.

Yesterday 5/29/04, late in the day the couldn't find their son age 2. When they did find him he had gotten into his father's car (Author's) and somehow the car door shut. He was blue and not breathing. Our temperature was in the upper 80s.
These people are very careful with their children and do not let them roam unattended. In fact I've never seen any of the children out front unless a parent was out also. We don't know how the little boy got out of the house or in the car.
He died very early this morning. As you can imagin Author an Trina are devestated. To add insult to the whole situation, our local police are treating it like a criminal investagation. This family really needs all the prayers they can get. They have been good neighbors and from my observations they are good parents. It is more than enough to suffer the loss they have, but to have the local police hold your other children as if you would harm them is stupid. Trina's Mom was trying to get the 3 girls released to her coustody. The girls have been with the police from late afternoon 5/29 and this is 6/1 10p.m. and they are still there. Please keep this devestated family in your prayers."

Ps. Funneral was today (6/4), and they are very overought. They won't have to face crimminal charges of negelect (thank God) but that only helps days like today crawl by.

Closed Thread