Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning sisters!

Janet...you are welcome. I thought of you as I was making them! Nothing fancy but it was the thought, right?

I have a request. Today our class from church is going up in the mountains 4wheeling. I would ask for prayers for safety. Seems like everything we all go do something....something has to go haywire! So pray for safety, cooler temperatures (suppose to be 102 here so must be 40 in Australia???) This heat is too much for me. Anyway, safety for our trip and....

this is a biggy. I go to Starbucks quite often ....okay alot and over time have gotten to know the baristas that make our coffee. There is a young man in there who is just an awesome on-fire Christian ministering to all. Shares God with the customers as he can and moreso with his co-workers. His name is Robert. An awesome 23yo. Then there is Mike. Mike is searching and after about a year of working with Robert, Mike is asking questions, he asked for prayer for healing and Robert is just overwhelmed at Mike's response. BUT there is a gal 20yo who works with them who is not really hasseling them but she is athiest and Robert says she will make some pretty good statements defending herself but that he comes back at her with even better ones! ;-) Well, Mike is in the middle and Robert fears that Mike searching as hard as he is could possibly fall for some of the girl's logic. Make sense? So a spiritual tug-of-war so to speak seems to be taking place with Mike. Pray for all three. You girls know how and what to pray for after reading these and so I leave it up to each of you to pray for these three as God leads you to. I so appreciate your prayers.

I know that everytime I come here and post or everytime there is a post, I know that the request has been left in good hands that will lift them up to the even better hands of the Lord!

And Tasha...I did not ditch, abandon, neglect or jump ship on ya or anything else! I couldn't do that!!! too many have my phone number! ;-) Besides that, I love ya all way to much!

Thanks for the prayers girls! Will post late tonight or tomorrow!
Hugs and prayers going up for you all!
Lynette
Old 07-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sure you didn't! I think you just couldn't stay away. I am addicted to Starbucks myself... only it is too expensive so I stay away (not to mention not so friendly to my tummy ) anywho, I think that the situation there is awesome, sounds like he is really holding his ground and defending his faith. You could buy him a great book on apologetics ( defending your faith to non believers) but sounds like he is very knowledgeable, kind of makes me wonder if somewhere down the road when SHE gets the chip off of her shoulder, those little seeds he has used as a guide for Mike won't end up leader HER to the Lord as well. Just a thought. God moves in mysterious ways.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have a prayer request that I just have been unable to ask for help with... I give up. My mom will be getting married this January (has been living with her now fiance for 10 yrs) he just asked her to marry him within the last few months... not a great situation, he has always been verbally abusive, but now drinks less, so this is more mellow, however, he makes innappropriate comments toward pretty much all of his son's girlfriends, and my sister and I. He stopped saying things to me several years ago as I think he knows that I will eventually say something. My sis and her daughter (now 5) lived with them for several months, and while he has never (and I really believe would never) say or do anything to his granddaughters, he did touch my sister on her chest... not innocently, and she freaked out and yelled at him, she moved her stuff out and when my mom asked why she told her. My mom does not believe her! I feel like it is my fault because I was very young, 14 when we moved in with him, my sister was already living on her own. But I never said anything knowing my mom would not believe me... she says she does not believe my sis because we would have told her a long time ago if it were really happening. She called us "prudish" and said that he just jokes around. Obviously she is in denial, but what are we supposed to do?

Old 07-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Was about to shut the computer off and this caught my eye!

Counselors will tell you that there is nothing worse than someone who says they are "joking" or trying to make light of something such as that touch. Now...I am going out on a limb here and with my weight issue it'll probably break but!

My dh and I have a 'friend' who has done time for just that very thing. We do NOT approve of his behavior. He seeks God daily for release from it but Satan works over time to get him to stray. He told us that he wishes he'd never have degraded and dishonored (his two words!) women by his lude comments, inuendos and inappropriate touching/behaviors. He said if he could go back and take it all back he would and NOT just because he was caught, sentenced and now labeled. But because it is no joking matter, it makes women feel dirty, belittles them. We are proud of his efforts to recover and he is in regular therapy. But he was sentenced because he touched the wrong woman who didn't run but fought back!

I don't know what goes on in your mom's four walls but what he did to your sister is no laughing matter. I will share your post with Tom as I do with many of the posts and together we will pray because we deal with Mark and this issue every day. We pray for him every day as well. Satan is out to destroy and Mark is trying to set himself firm in the Lord and that is where the struggle is going.

Tasha, hon, I am so sorry! Just pray for them and use extreme caution is all I can say. But God is awesome and prayers are always what one can do when you arent sure WHAT to do!

Love ya! Praying for you!
Lynette
Old 07-24-2004, 08:05 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tasha, I will be praying with you.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tasha...I can't anything more to Lynette's wise words. I believe she hit it right on the nose and what you and I can do right now and in the future is pray. I will pray specifically that the LORD will deal with this man's heart, that he will open your mother's eyes to what is going on and I will pray for the saftey and protection of all the women who come in contact with him. I pray for your peace of mind Tasha...I can only imagine what a burden this is for you. Thank you for feeling safe here in sharing your request. Continue putting it in the LORD's hands for that is the best place for our burdens to be Love you Tasha!

Coll...how is your mother doing? When was her surgery? You have been through SO much...You must be a strong woman! I pray the LORD blesses you and gives you continued strength in him!

I'm praying for all of you to have a safe and enjoyable weekend. I have to stay away from my computer today as much as possible other wise I think I'll just root to my chair;-) .

In Christian Love to all my Sister in CHRIST,

Sandra

Old 07-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lynette - I will be praying for safety for your church group. Also for Mike and the girl.

Tasha - Prayers went up for your Mom and family. Also peace for you in this situation.

Diane
Old 07-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
How is that sweet grandbaby? Does it cheer you up to get spend time together, or does it just exhaust you? Probably both, huh?
gbaby is confused of course this happens with a couple breaks up and goes back and breaks up on and on...
yes I do enjoyed her... jut got thur seeing her again, as my dd is putting the babiy things in my garage, as I don't want them to lose thier belongs... yet it breaks my heart, and makes me so upset... for this break up is not so much of my son in law doing but my dd doing..; and she don't have to... except it the bi polar that is making her chase things that are not true...
I want to be upset/ yet I want to cuddle her in my arms, yet I just can't do either... so I'm just exhausted...

thanks for asking

tash leave it in the Hands of the LORD, asking for HIS will to be done, but it not easy, as our flesh wants to be in control and to protect those we love, to take actions.
I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you to comfort you during this time.
I had a real dad that had that kind of lifestyle... and the marks that was left behind.
and how it effected me....
my prayers goes out to you and up to the LORD for you and to wake up your mom...

I will also go on the limb...and say this
with my real dad, I never thought he would hurt my little girl, NOT HIS grandchild, boy I found out later I was WRONG.
These kinds of men, it a sickness, and when it hits it anyone that is in thier way they will touch...and sometimes that touch will even go futher as time goes on... then they but fear in those kids.
and it takes a long time before the truth comes out.

This I know for I was living in a liftstyle many years ago back in the 80's with a man that I was not marrage to... my life went down the wrong side of the street, for 3 yrs.... with each year getting worse, until I was totally abuse, to a pulp... could of have been killed that night... when I left that night on the Grace of the DEAR LORD, for that was the only thing that kept me alive... I gave my life to the LORD

the guy I was living with, I didn't know he was even that kind of guy, for he showed no signs of being like that, yet I found out many years later, my dd was abuse my him... He showed no trait of this, yet it happened. He did show other signs and I came to realize later, that I never was able to see those signs for I was to close to the forest to see signs... I just thought he cared for the babies... I had wanted to leave earlier but every time I wanted to leave, he would threaten me of hurting the kids.

again it a sickness. a very sick sickness... so again wish I could wrap my arms around you during this time... for my heart goes out to you during this... Your mother is totally in denial... this what happens.... your mom is to close to the situation to see this..
living with this for 10 yrs has even blinded her even more so.
Your mom may even think she can't make it on her own, and afraid of losing him, or for him to leave.. the sad thing is he knows it. so he does whatever he wants to
again this is a bondage for your mom

is your mom a christian? for if she not, she doesn't understand what the LORD can do for her... and we need to pray for that situation as well.
if you would ever like to talk to me about this situation, feel free to contact me...

(((((((((((((((((((( tash)))))))))))))
ps what your sister did to move her self away, tell her NOT to blame herself if she feels at any moment that she shouldn't move away, she did the best thing she could do...

GOD BLESS
Old 07-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar bar I am so sorry I was not able to take your phone call BUT as some of you know the Dem Convention is in Boston and BOTH my brother in laws must work them and my John is worried about his brother Jim because they pulled him from retirement for security duty at the MBTA Subway Stations and his hours are 7 AM till midnight, and my sister's husband John works for a Boston News Channel 7 and yesterday the news and on the news they said that the FBI issued a warning against the media about terriost and have put them on alert his hours are 8 AM to 1 AM from Sunday till Friday, and the Boston PD is striking (but contacts (have been approved) and the still are picking the convention cention where all this is happening so needless to say I and John are concern and he doesn't need to be upset so we have talk to both today and we hope to talk to them both on Friday night. I hate to ask but please say a prayer that these two men come back to us safely John hasn't seen his brother for years and after this convention they plan on coming up to Maine to see John for a visit.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know that it is not joking, but my mother does not believe it, and I don't know if she ever will. I am sad that she will be marrying him, but he does treat her well now, and I feel like she is willing to take what she can get. I do not leave my daughter there alone with him and will not. SHe is never in a situation where my mom is not there with her.

Closed Thread