Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: prayers needed

Quote:
Originally posted by soddark
I would like to ask for prayers for my husband. I am taking him to the drs today. He has had a cough for over a month and is now running a fever and has achy joints. He doesnt usually complain so when he says he needs to go to the drs I know he REALLY isnt feeling well. Thanks ladies!
Sophie

I moved your request over her so that it would get proper exposure.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Abear, I never seem to post them in the right place! Well Hubby is on antibiotics and drinking lots of liquids. They ran some blood tests but we wont get results back until 2-3 days. Thanks all for your prayers I know they helped!
Sophie

Old 07-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dear LORD,

I pray that Sophie's husband heals quickly. I pray the blood test results come back quickly and with nothing serious to report. Help him to get plenty of rest. Be with Sophie as she helps care for him. Give her extra strength and peace. In Jesus' name...Amen

Sandra

Old 07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by soddark
Thanks Abear, I never seem to post them in the right place!
No worry....that's what us mods are for!!

Glad to hear that at least your DH is on meds. Please keep us posted and your DH is in our prayers.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

kellydid
will be praying for your surgery. what time is it? and may I ask what kind of surgery it is? If I don't know that ok, for GOD does know...
glad that your cousins husband is recovering from bypass...

Paula... will be saying prayers for your family.... and so glad you felt you could post. I mean anyone can, but some has a big problem of doing it... it a pride issue, and I do fight it at times... but then other times I just spill it all out. so please always feel to post your needs. YOU are never intruding...
and this thing about thinking it your fault on the medical cost... kick satan where it hurts in the name of our Savior... for satan would love to make you think it is... but if you acknowledge that it is .... then you are saying you have control of your health....
it NOT your fault... it a part of like sometimes, then other times it a growing session for us to teach us to trust more, to rely on GOD more, to help others as we are being testing.
and to learn to wait... oh boy can I relate to that one. LOL as I've been doing alot of that with my dh... also health problems helps folks to work as a team.

I have to agree with Lynette post to you as well as the others. Like Tash said... we all started here at one time or the other.

many times the way we start is we need prayers as GOD use that as the instrument to bring us to a group of prayer warriors.... and Praise GOD HE has done that with you.
sorry you are going thur so much and will keep you in my prayers

many of us are going thru financial stuggles... but we just got to hold our chin up and keep our faith, and know GOD will provide... I'm a walking testimony on how GOD has provided in times it seemed to be so hopeless....and when I've was fighing depression but GOD reached down and gave us money in remarkable ways...
hold onto a mustard seed of faith as it will go a very long way

Donna it was so good to see you posting. I'm thinking of you dear, as well as John.

deb will be saying prayers for you and your church as you all go thru this transition, but remember all things are possible, so GOD could bring someone alot sooner than a year.
we just lost our choir director at our chruch. but Praise GOD we already got one... I really thinK this was a blessing in disquise for the family is back together... and the one we have will be a much better one. it the wife of our pastor... Yesterday our choir did beautiful with our projector showing nature while they were doing a song about GOD and creation... just beautiful.

Praise GOD for your father n law got out of the house... may this be the beginning of gettting out of depression...thanks for the update on him. will continue to pray for him.

Sophie
your dh sounds like mine when they ask to go... it NOT good... will keep your dh in our prayers... what did you find out.... or is a wait game for you too ....
sophie you did post it right...you may have have posted it elsewhere but you did post this prayer here beforeAbear posted it again.... ssss we won't tell her that you did.. for she was doing this to help you out.
plus we all learned in the beginning on where to post things... so if you post any time in the wrong spot don't fret, we all make little mistakes... and you are learning... we are here to help one another.
waiting is a pit.... isn't it? do they have any idea what might be wrong?

I want to Thank YOU all for the prayers that went up for us this morning... it did pay off...
John will be facing surery but it looks like it won't be until end of Sept or Oct. we are thinking... he goes off to see another surgeon 16th of Sept for our surgeon is not certify in the method that they will do
John is a candidate for this new method as the aneurysm is about 2 cm below the kidneys...
they do not know the long range or how long it will last because it is still new... they figure at least about 10 yrs. LOL...well we are talking about someone that is 65 so 10 yrs will be wonderful....

John is happy about this.. for myself... I think I am ready for this... or I am right now... but when we get closer I will fall apart again.
but thank goodness I have my sisters in Christ that will be uplifting me ... for that I thank you
John wants to thank everyone for the prayers.. I will read them to him later.... he was touched.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:41 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

my surgery

The surgery I am having tomorrow is neurosurgery on my left arm. It is outpatient surgery. Minor surgery. None the less, I am scared, but I know I am in God's loving arms and he will take care of me. I know of the miracles he can do because I have seen them. I just needed extra prayers for myself. I, too, am glad my cousin's husband is doing so well. They have been through so much this past year. But God has watched over them as he does us all. Thank you for your prayers words of comfort.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Prayer for kellydid

Precious Lord, I lift up kellydid right now, calm her nerves, let her have a good night sleep... let her feel your presense that will be with her, and her doctors tomorrow...
I pray that you will guide the dr. hands, to fix this problem of hers, and the recovery will be short and she will heal wonderful.
GIve her the peace like a river... as YOU LORD, calm all storms, and can give a peacefullness to her..

thank you LORD for all things. and for bringing her here with us.
thank you for giving us the priviledge to pray. and give us the ability to post prayers.

Let her know we are all here in prayer for her.
we thank you LORD all you will do and n her healing.

IN JESUS name I pray
amen

get some rest... do hope someone will be there with you during this surgery... and let us know as soon as you can how it went, until then we will stay in prayer.

sending hugs to you ((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))
Old 07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm not usually a ditto person but...ditto to what Barbara said.

Lord, You love us so much and we are grateful for that. Kellydid is having surgery tomorrow and she is scared. Give her protection and peace and yes Lord...a good nights sleep. Let her know there are an awful lot of Sister's in CHRIST thinking of her and praying for her. Thank you for your mercy and your SON's immeasurable sacrifice upon the cross...without this none of fellowship would be possible. In Jesus' name...Amen

Sandra

Old 07-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

BarBar we are playing the waiting game for the tests results. The Nurse Practioner said it could just be a virus. But my husband pushed to get an anitbiotic. He is sleeping and did get up and go out a little today but I am just letting him rest. We have lots of ticks so who knows it could be lyme. They ran a test for that, parvo and a blood count. He had gotten sick like this once before and the tests came back negative but he did a full run of the anitibiotics and it helped.
I just dont like it when he is sick since like you said it takes alot for him to admit to not feeling well.

I know I posted the prayer request but thought maybe I had it in the wrong spot. I am trying to keep up with everyone and all the wonderful places I can be on Family Corner I know I sometimes jump the gun and type in the wrong place !! LOL! I will take any help that is given my way.

I enjoy reading everyones posts and all the warmth and support you give each other, that in itself is a blessing!!
Sophie

Old 07-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am continuing to be in prayer for all of your families with physical needs... so many poor hubbies going through tough things!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Closed Thread