Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Congratulations Tasha!!!

Lord thank you ever so much for Your provision in Your time!!

Blessings!

SueG
Old 07-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trainlady
Lynette, are you enjoying your temp work at the church? Any word from the Vet clinic or hospital? I read about your latest ministry to having people in your home for fellowship with awe and amazement. HOW do you do everything and feel like you are staying balanced? [QUOTE]

Me? Balanced? You know, I love the story of Mary and Martha. And the serving of others. I used to think I had to have everything just so before ANYONE could come for a visit. At one point, I wished I could go buy new furniture for the living room and new dishes, flatware etc! THEN we would have guests. But you know....I decided that I was wanting all that stuff to hide 'me', my home, who we really are! It has not been easy, it has really been tough coming outta my comfort zone. But God wants us to minister on his behalf. And through a wonderful old teacher of mine, God chose to pound something into my head....(Hey! Mrs Pike! I really did listen to you in class!) (and that was '74!) what He impressed her to tell us kids was...."Life is what YOU make it!" Trust me! it is true! the following things can be WHAT YOU MAKE THEM TO BE...religion, job, relationship, marriage, church, (and there is a huge diff between church and religion) but all those things are what we make of them. So no longer will I spend 24 hours straight cleaning, scrubbing, touch-up painting, reupholstering, re-decorating, or installing new fixtures PRIOR to someone coming for dinner. My house is clean and not cluttered and looks just fine. then I relax and enjoy my company. After reading some of what they wrote in our Home Journal....I was so blessed! I was so glad that I saw to it that I took the time to prepare a meal and invite them over!
So, Donna, it is easy. Think of Mary and Martha, the Prov 31 or Titus 2 gals..... I just want to serve for God! Sorry didn't mean to go off on a sermon!!

Deb...I know you were teasing...I took it no other way! Even without my shoulder sling on.....people see my little maroon GEO comin and they all hit the ditch!;-) See,,,I can tease with the best of ya! You are a sweetie for caring, though, thank you!

my shoulder.....has an arm attached to it and has lotz of jumping, burning little muscles and nerves in it!!! it is really hurting again and burning sensation has gotten worse. But, hey, I can get along okay.

I am waiting to hear, still. The hospital sent me a card thanking me for applying I kinda took that as the cliche` "Dear John..." but who knows. they say on the card that it can take 2-4 weeks before called for interview depending on the position.... God hasn't let us down and go hungry yet...He still reigns.

Train, I am going to shoot an email off to you. So watch for it. Might take a day or so, but I will do it.

Congrats Tasha.....now, toss me some of your luck, kiddo! When do you start?

Sandra.....check your email, sweetie! Have a great weekend and ya'll have a restful weekend at that!

Hugs and prayers for each of my sisters!!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

to all that wished John a happy birthday ...I.thank you and will pass it on to him.. he will be touched... and it really really touch me that you though of him... YOU are a bunch of honeys
he turned 65 today...

it been a long day... but praise GOD we got thur it... and will soon be going off to bed.

he was up at 6 and I at 6:30... got home about 1-1:30 and I went to the recliner and went to sleep and he lay across the bed and did the same. woke up around 3:30 and went for coffee ....enjoyed some time together beside just at doctors...

Sandra I'm glad you were able to post it... did you have any problems of cutting and pasting it... I bet not.

Tasha congrulations on the job
Praise GOD answered our prayers for this... and will continue to pray for those that needs jobs... it not easy.

I know from 1st hand experience that GOD does provide, even when we feel hopeless. it not... think of the when the people wander in the dessert for 40 yrs.. they only had manna, but they lived off of it for 40 yrs... because GOD provided.. they got upset, and wanted more.. but that how we are today... we want more.
instead be thankful for what we do have. I d feel you are... but reminding myself too.

we have gone thru so much and done without so much... but GOD has provided for us when we think it just hopeless... GOD will do the same for you to, my sistes. don't give up.

2 Peter 1:3
HIS divine power hs giben us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowwedge of him who call us by HIs own glory and goodness.

I know many that has made it off of a 1000 a month... but GOD does provide for them... it seems impossible when the check comes, but GOD provide.

disciples went out fishing, caught nothing and then JESUS told them to go again and they knew they had been there, but went.. they cast thier nets, and caught so many fishes...

cast your nets my sisters... even if we been there, cast them again for GOD will provide in ways that beyond our imagionation

the little boy that had loaves and fishes... look how many they feed... and yet so little, Why because GOD blessed it and allow it to go...
My sisters... GOD will bless you too... it may seem so little, so little hope, but don't give up... GOD will bless you and stretch it

will hold you all in my prayers, the ones that are asked, and the unspoken request.

GOOD NIGHT my sisters
Old 07-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning Dear Sisters In CHRIST...

The LORD has provided us with a soft layer of clouds this morning and a touch of warm and gentle rain. He knows just when I needed a little relief from the hustle and bustle and scorchingly hot weather. I'm taking the ds's to the Grower's Market and we'll enjoy a morning together.

Praise the LORD we saw precious little souls saved this week. Even some of the 5th and 6th graders had their hearts softned and the LORD spoke to them.

Tasha...I am so happy for you and your job! It sounds perfect for you and another testimoney that God's timing is always best.

Lynette...I am still praying for your shoulder. I pray he gives you a speedy recovery so you can get back out there on the volleyball court! You'll be proud of me...I think I might can or pickle something that I purchase Shocking I know! I'll check that email...hmmm

bar_bar...your words are so true. I'm glad John enjoyed his birthday despite all the running around.

LORD, Thank You for your Grace and Mercy. Thank you that "while we were yet sinners Christ died for us". Thank you for sending a few little clouds this morning to perk me up. I pray that you are with each one of my Sisters in Christ this day. Protect them and bless them wherever their path leads today. In Jesus' Precious name...Amen.

Sandra

Old 07-17-2004, 04:02 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pray for me

Hi everyone. I've been looking for this site for awhile, now. I'm going in for minor surgery next Tuesday and would like to have prayers said for me. Also, my cousins husband is recovering from bypass (he had to have 3 bypasses done) surgery and I would like to ask for prayers for him for a quick recovery and for the family. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

kellydid - thanks to the quick attention of bar_bar, I have merged your post into the Prayer Chain thread so that your request will get more exposure.

P.S. thanks bar_bar !!!! ;-)
Old 07-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lord, please be with Kelly as she undergoes surgery next week. Keep her safe and healthy and wrap her in your love. Also, please heal her cousins husband and let him have a full recovery from his surgeries, In your name I pray, Amen
Kelly, welcome to our prayer circle of friends and nice to meet you!!

I want to wish everyone a wonderful, peaceful and blessed weekend.
I will be back Monday AFTER I do my chores and housekeeping, etc, etc,,
A BIG thank You to Lynette who gave me just the right words and encouragement I needed to get myself back on track. I feel really motivated tonight, more than I have felt in a few weeks. I DID get up 3 mornings this week and mallwalked and that helped a lot in trying to get back to a normal slepping pattern.
Your email to me was just what I needed to hear at just the right time!!
AND my husband got a new job, which helps for his frame of mind which was so very down in the dumps. He has not liked the job he has been at. He has been trying a long time to find another job and finally has. (He's an accountant.)
I don't have the pressure to find a job now. I WILL look but I can just enjoy being home for the time being. Like I said before, I havn't just "been home" in years!!!

Well, I need to get off the computer now, go take my bath and go to bed....we are visiting yet another church tomorrow and so I need to "try" to sleep!!

Love you all, Donna
Old 07-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

blushing Hope this is the right place to put this!

Hi everyone,
I know it's been several days since I posted anything. My family and I are going through some problems, rather severe right now and I would like to ask for your prayers. Some of our problems involve drugs with one of our children, another is the worry of an interracial relationship with one of the children, still another is the heartbreak of another child not speaking to us and she is carrying our first grandchild, we're also having some dire financial problems due to MY medical bills! I feel horrible that I'm the one causing all these problems with our finances because of my medical problems. I have been praying myself that things will improve, but I feel it would help if I could get some help with my prayers. I'm sorry to come to you all with this since I haven't been a member very long, I don't want to intrude, but I do believe in the power of prayer and I'm sure God will be listening to prayers more than mine alone. Thank you so very much for your prayers.
Hugs & Happiness to you all~~~ Paula aka Sweet Magnolia

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 07-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Paula!

Do NOT think for one moment that you are intruding! Sweetie, this is what we are here for. One of the goals of those on this thread is that we uplift those who ask for prayer and it matters not how long you have or have not been on site!

Paula you can always come here when you need it and I do hope that you will continue to post both requests and praises alike. We want updates and we want you to be a part of our prayer team so on behalf of my "sisters" WELCOME to our prayer chain.

I am happy to pray for your situation. I have a dear friend who is going through a mirror-image of your child not speaking to you and dd, too, is pregnant with her first grandchild! I have invited that friend to join FC and I know she peruses this thread so who knows, maybe she will see your post and make contact and together the two of you can be of comfort and support to one another! She is a wonderful caring Christian woman and I will encourage her to come here again. It appears to me that this is no coincidence that God brought you to this thread!!

It isn't your FAULT that you have medical problems and yet I know how you feel....well....sort of! Friday was a bad day for me as I broke down several times throughout the day because I feel horrible and at fault for the financial bind we are in. I have been trying to find a job and things in our area are not good. This $$ issue has put an additional strain on dh and, like you, feel as though it is all ME!!!My Fault! Satan wants us to feel that way! He is getting so much delight in our negative feelings toward ourselves. But one thing I keep reminding myself is that God won't let anything happen that HE knows we cannot handle. So, Paula, I would encourage you to hang out here with us and we will pray and you will see God working in your life and as you watch the posts of your new 'sisters' you will see Him working in their lives. Chin up, gotta keep those eyes focused Upward! know prayers are being said.

It is 5am and dh and I are headed out of town for the day and I will check in when we get home! Hope all are doing well and girls, keep up with those prayer journals! We want to see some awesome updates!! God is Good!

Hugs 'n prayers to all!
Lynette
Old 07-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Morning to all our friends on FC.
First no words can express what I feel or can say to everyone for all your prayers and thoughts this has been for both hubby and myself and I know from reading some of these post alot of other have had tragic stuff happen and I am so sorry I wasn't able to comfort you in some way. This heart surgery my hubby had was a complete shock and disblief and when you are sitting in a hopital for 12 days all by yourself it was really hard BUT I had some wonderful people out there praying for me. I hope I am not offending anyone BUT I would like to specially that bar bar for here phone calls that she made and for keeping everyone updated. And here & John have been in my prays and I hope for the best here John is just like mind. Also for the lovely cards and notes that we have received it means alot. So now come the reabilatation time for him and they say with trible by pass and with all his other problems at least 3 months so I will be here when I have a few minutes (like this morning). The worse part is I was an LPN so working on your own family member is driving me :mad: and picture this I have also a heart problem and Fibromyalgia and Poloymyalgia and walk with a cane and we live on a 2nd floor with 14 stairs to climb. So in closing God Bless each and everyone one of you for prayers and saying all those kind words.
Oh welcome Paula glad you took my advice.
Love & Hugs,
Lady Donna (DM)

Closed Thread