Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

For those of you who are not participating in Secret Sister and may not be keeping up on the "Meeting Room" thread, Minny posted a message there tonight for everyone. It is on page 16 of the thread - here's the link:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&pagenumber=16
Old 07-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Reading the posts, I do consider myself lucky. DH did come back to the church when we started dating and goes with us weekly. We go down to my Mom's lake house a lot of weekends. Sometimes he goes down with us and we all go to a church down there. When he stays home he goes to church all by himself. I am so proud of him!

Lynette - that is so great that you all do that outreach. I am sure it will keep some people more involved. The first of knowing who is missing is pretty good, I would probably be one of those for a couple of weeks (as above) LOL. The second of having people over is really good. I know after we joined our church we got a letter pairing us with a family that had been there for awhile to call if any questions. We never did. I think I would like for that to be taken one step farther and have the family contact new people regardless.

Everyone has such good ideas.

Barbar - will keep your young lady in my prayers.

Tainlady - I pray that you will get a job soon and have everything sorted out as you wish. You will be missed!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Robin, what you said is exactly what I was thinking....the people should take the step and contact the new ones! That is how they fall through the cracks. I don't know that I would be comfortable (if I were new) to call someone. That kind of puts the burden on the newby!

I am so happy for you re your dh! That is awesome. I have much to be thankful for, I just have to REMIND myself that! I have cleaned out a closet and am putting things in it like the sticker books etc, and items for "thank you" gifts for our guests. I got a call from one of our Elders last evening thanking me for having given the children those bags and for having the plants and "message book". Seems the young couple were sharing all of that with him last night and they felt blessed and very much welcomed! My was touched and so I thought I had better plan ahead. This next week is going to be a challenge as we are inviting a couple who has quit coming . Please pray for that! We want Greg and Lindy to come (hopefully to church) and fellowship with us. And maybe, Lord willing, we will be able to sit and visit about God and just see where things are with them. But ONLY LORD WILLING! Keep us in prayer. This has really been an out-of-my-comfort-zone thing for me but hey! I lived through this last weekend...our first attempt and we will see where this weekend leads!

How is everyone else doing? Any updates, ladies???? Keep us posted and keep inviting those you see on the other threads who might like to join us in prayer! OUTREACH OUTREACH...
Good seeing you on here Robin, so nice to have you here to share with!
Hugs to all!
Lynette

Last edited by Lynette; 07-12-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Our church is so huge that I really only know people if I recognize them from somewhere outside of the church. I definately just go to the service, pick up Emmy and leave, I am not the kind of person that can just go up to somebody and talk.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

good afternoon ladies, ( sisters, and friends)

Our chruch is small... and if someone is not there, boy you can tell. LOL. but I like smaller chruches more..

Lynette, you are doing really good about reaching out like that... good for you.
sorry I missed your phone called Sat... I think that was when it was.
I had errands to do and places to take dd as her car is broken, then I took time with my oldest gdaughter for she was going to be leaving Sat, to go back to her dad's..

it looks like she may stay longer this time, and 4 now to live... breaks my heart, but I do understand. and think it may be best for time being... but don't care for it.
so I be long distance grandma compare to what've been...

along with all that going on with John, now I got my daughter to be concern about.... but NOT NOT going to ask what else LORD, for I don't want to see anything else right now. LOL LOL
but Praise GOD I know HE has us in HIS arms, and boy we are leaning on HIM big time..

some Praise Report, we received a check in the mail that was above what we even dream of that will help with the morgage payements.. praise GOD, and Thank YOU LORD for that check.

plus I had a customer that order some merchandise from me and a girl that may sign up with me as a dealer... praise GOD....
GOD is providing...
then Sat. a guy came and brought 2 fans from us, and suppoose to be back tonight to buy 2 more fans... @ 10 ea for 2 or more or $15 single.... and we had 18 of them....and I think we got 8 left, and 4 of them are going to go to the new building for our Helping Hands for Jesus, which is a food and clothes closet for our area.
any extra fans that does't get sold are going too. but we wanted 4 of them to go for sure.

John has perked up more about the surgery not schedule yet. which is another Praise report.

Oh I heard from Donna (Craftyldy) and her dh is back home but she has to keep a very very close eye on him...

well got to get up and go do some things... so I will stay in prayer for you all, and see you later.

oh for those that are not secret sisters. this week is HUG WEEK
so here is my hug to you all,

((((( TO ALL MY SISTERS IN CHRIST)))))
Old 07-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar bar, while you are going through some stressful things, it seems like things are looking up and you are doing better. Glad to hear it!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Short notice I know...just found this thanks to Bar Bar.....need prayer for stressful meeting my husband is going through right at this time at his job. It's not good......pretty much been finding reasons to discipline Christian men. It's a tough one...but we know that God is with us every step of the way and that all things work for the good of Him!! Praise God! Thank you!

Old 07-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

FATHER i lift up Elizabeths husband right now to you Lord. We know that you bless the faithful. i ask for your release of those blessings now for Elizabeths husband. Give him the right words to say and actions to take. Blessings Blessings Dear Lord. Praise
Your Holy Name! Give Elizabeth the confidence that your hand is in this situation Lord Bless her and keep her at your side.

Amen and Amen!

SueG
Old 07-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lord, I lift up our new sister Elizabeth and her dh right now... thank you LORD for guiding us into each other way, for she was in need of prayers....but your timing of connection us with each other is just amazing...
I' don't know what going on and don't have to know for you do. and I am called to lift her up and to lift up her dh as he is in this meeting. May it go the way you see fit... calm nerves and give him the words to say, watch over him, and give him protection, calm Elizabeth nerves, as us wifes can get pretty nerveous when our husband are in meetings and not sure of the outcome.

Thank YOU LORD for the outcome that will come from this, for whatever it may be, it will be YOUR will be done, and there is a reason for it all...
These things I pray in YOUR name
Amen

for anyone that needs to know if their senator or representative
are for or against this Federal Marriage Amendment you can go to
www.Allianceformarriage.org or go to

http://www.kcbi.org/index.cfm?fuseac...&contentid=706

and you can get more links to find out more about this.
as Federal Marriage Amendment is due for a vote in the Senate no later than July 15th and may take place on July 14th!!!!

we need to stay in prayer for this too.

Last edited by bar_bar; 07-12-2004 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you all for your precious prayers. Just talked to my husband. He was given a 30 day suspension without pay. To make a long story short, he is in law enforcement and his department has truly been filled with a lot of evil in the past 2 years. Several wonderful people, (no coincidence that they are all Christians) have all been disciplined or terminated. It's a terribly trying time, but we have both been standing on the promises of the Lord and in His strength. Somehow with God's help we will get through this and see His promises fulfilled. It's just so hard to be watching all the evil happening and waiting for the changes to come.........again, thank you for all your prayers...we will get through this and come out stronger and all glory will be to God!

Closed Thread