Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ya know...my ears were burning!

Thought someone was yelling at me (again!) ;-) How sweet! Some day, we will meet. But thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement for me in your email. Was a tough day, but God is the ultimate Father and so I decided that I would honor Him with a special card. I made it and wrote in it my heart's desire and about my adoration for such an amazing Lord! I thanked Him for blessing me with an earthly father who took me in at 2yo and raised me as though I were his very own. That same daddy was a carpenter, too! (kinda cool that my heavenly Dad and my earthly Dad were carpenters! alot in common). But my earthly dad laid the foundation for me and built upon that foundation my relationship with my Heavenly Dad. For that I will always be grateful. Anyway, I took this card and then read it all the way through after I'd written, then placed it in my Bible. It will remain there as long as I do!

Hope that all doesn't sound too weird. It felt right for me! But thanks again, Linda...love you, sis! and thank you to everyone who has given me such kind reassuring not just today but always....may the Lord richly bless each of you!

Hugs and prayers,
Lynette
Old 06-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well everyone I have just finished reading and I am in full blown tears. Your thoughts mean the world to me.

barbar

my mom has finally been tested and yes it is alzheimers...her dad died with it and 2 of her brothers also have been diagnosed! Fortunately they are on meds to slow down the progression. Unfortunately my mom is not as she is too far advanced for meds to be any help. My father was in denial even though we asked for him to have her checked. I could only do so much being 3000 miles away. I go home this August,alone, to spend 9 days with her.I live in Ontario and she lives on Vancouver Island,B.C.. They say because she was so young to start showing signs that she will probably progress faster. Mom and I have always been very close so it is hard when she can not remember things.

I will remember your friend Tom in my prayers

tashablueeyes
Thinking about you today as you go for your sonogram and pray that everything is all right.

Thanks again
debknechtel
Old 06-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lynette...I think your idea was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Tashablueyes...I'm thinking of you and praying for you today as you go for your sonogram...

Thank you ladies for the dieting encouragement...I will try not to be to hard on myself if I mess up which is likely to happen;-)

May the Lord bless everyone's day

Sandra

Old 06-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

For those of you who are new....

members to our Prayer Partner thread, let me tell you what some of us do. We started this sometime back. It caught on like wildfire!

Like today is Monday, a great place to start. Take a blank journal. All the posts that made, beginning TODAY, write in your prayer journal. Be sure to leave room for the answers. Date the entry and then put the date on the day it was answered. We got to doing this and it was awesome! we could take our journals with us if we traveled and such and it felt like such a great connection between our FC family, God and ourselves.

Go back to page 2 and scroll down to my post and then page 15 on this thread and read how some remarked about their journals. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

This is just a suggestion but it is really fun (as bar_bar posted on p. 2 or 3) it is to go back and re-read entries and answers to uplift our faith! and encourage us!

Hugs, prayers and blessings!
Lynette

Last edited by Lynette; 06-21-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning ladies! Be sure to post praise reports too! I love how encouraging a good praise report can be when it seems so hard to keep being positive and prayerful when there is just so much need.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 06-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tasha...

No fear, here, girl! If you go back SEVERAL pages, you will see where these ladies are exceptional at posting answers/praises. I have been with this thread since page 2 and I am thrilled at how things have come about. You will find the majority of us have been here since the beginning and we DO post praises AS they happen in our lives. As time goes on, you will get familiar with how we each post and reply. We are a unique group! So glad you are part of it!

I would recommend that you journal along with us because it sounds as though you, too, love going back over and look at answers. Somewhere in this 70+ page thread is a pic of my FC prayer Journal. I bought a plain blank book at Wal-Mart and well, I will find the page and refer it to you. Watch for that post next.

Again, glad to have you part of this prayer family. We have been together through SO MUCH over the past many months. Nice to have you join.

Lynette
Old 06-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here is the link for the Prayer journaling

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=9941

Several of us have input there and Tasha you will no doubt find it another fun thread.

Blessings
Old 06-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

tash
thanks for the prayers for Tom, and my heart goes out to you with you mom...
but remember the good years... cherish those....
it like Nancy Reagan watching her dh going though that... for so long....

YOU will find many praise reports here on this threads, yes sometimes we do forget, and when we don't know or havn't heard in a while, we start asking about them....
welcome sis..... soon you get the hang of it all.... .we all learn one time or the other, and this is a thread, that most of us has made cherish friendship that goes to the deep core of our heart ... you will find that peace, and love as we have if you haven't yet.
Please visit Lynette prayer journaling....if you haven't yet.

This is a thread that GOD put together long time ago, but it died, and GOD restore it again, like on page 2 or 3 I believe.... a few months back.....GOD does things like that.... and it has had some stuggles but life is a stuggle from time to time,
but PRAISE GOD some of us has seen it back on FIRE, and I think we all need to get on Fire for the LORD, and we need one another to support and lift us up as we go thought these struggles, and get back on Fire.... may this thread a start pointing for you to go into the World and share the love of Christ with one another and to others...

IF we don't then we are held responsible....
some of us, may be a different bred, some of us has our stumbling blocks to face,
some of us may have handicaps, but Praise GOD, HE takes us on our own abilities, and we should reach out and love one another no matter what, and look deep inside of them and know that we are all different but GOD loves us and we should love them because GOD loves them and us no matter what our situtation is.
TO accept one another as GOD accepts us.... if they do something a little different from the way we feel, stop and look deeper into what could make this difference. instead of saying oh well, I think I shut them out....
boy when we shut others out we are hurting ourselves, and what if GOD would look at us and say....
YOU are different than ________________( you fill in the blank) so I will judge you according to _____________. Boy we would be in deep ..... trouble.... GOD loves us and judges us on the level we are on, as HE did create us all to what we are.

Most of these wonderful caring ladies that share this thread looks at one another How GOD would want us to.... but we should always have our prayes to be:
GOD let me look at the next person the thought your eyes, not mine eyes.

to all of the new ones here. welcome aboard, and rest in the arms of our Loving Father,

GOD BLESS
Bar Bar
Old 06-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I checked out the link to the prayer journal and will be starting one of my own in the next few days...what a blessing it will be to look back and see what the Lord has done for so many people...so encouraging!

blondie...how is Kali? Haven't heard a report in awhile...hope everything is ok

Sandra

Old 06-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lynette,
I thought your card idea was just precious!!!! I know it brought some comfort to your soul on Fathers Day. Sending you hugs!

Love, Donna

Closed Thread