Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lord, please bless Lynette's friend Laura and her family. They really need your comfort and love.
And please guide their daughter Maggie with her life and please help her with the difficulties she is facing.
In Jesus Name I pray. Amen!
Lynette, thank you for being such a good friend to Laura. She is going to need your friendship more than ever in these days ahead.

Love and hugs, Donna
Old 06-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

And now for myself..this is a PRAISE!!!!

I went on a retreat last weekend to deal with some issues of anger that I have carried along for a very long time... Like carrying a suitcase everywhere that I really didn't need to be carrying. But I carried it along with me anyway.

I had a "Nice" weekend but hadn't really totally surrendered to giving up my anger. Stubborn, selfish, prideful . I brought all of those things to the retreat as well.

I came home feeling "happy" from having a "nice" weekend but I brought that suitcase of anger right back home with me.

Today my church had a "Day Of Prayer."
I had NOT signed up because I knew I was going on my retreat last weekend and I wouldn't "Need" a Day of Prayer when I got home!! LOL!!
Well, God works in mysterious ways!! God gave me another chance today, a week later, to leave my suitcase at the altar and, my friends, I did Just That!!!! I Gave My Anger Up To God. I Forgave All The People Who Have Hurt Me In My Life (and consequently, I carried around this anger...) And I Just Asked God To Take It All Away!! I also was baptized in the Holy Spirit and annointed with oil.....unlike water baptism, which I have had, this was a laying on of hands, very renewing, very refreshing, very loving.
I kept saying, Lord, WHY am I carrying all this crap around.........There Is No Need For Me To Be Dragging This Around!!

I Feel Good!!

Thank you Lord, for your incredible patience with me. So many times you tried to take my suitcase away but I kept saying, No, Lord. I think I will just drag this anger around a little bit longer........
Even in this very week you gave me 2 chances and I didn't surrender until the second time. Lord, forgive me also for my stubborness and self centeredness. Forgive me Lord, for thinking I was strong enough to handle everything on my own when you were right there all the time.
I Love You, Lord!!

Thank you FC friends for letting me share this with you. I feel more peaceful tonight then I have felt in a long long time. I feel worthy, I feel good.

I feel SO Good that I now even want to join Secret Sisters............so, Barbar, here comes my info!!!

Love, Donna

Love, Donna

Last edited by trainlady; 06-23-2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Donna,

God is so good to us isn't he! Praise is definately in order and what a peace and lightness you must feel at this time! It is experiences like this that help carry us through the bad times. He is been so patient with me too...I was hard hearted for a long time and he never gave up and my church family never stopped praying.

Thank you Lord for being patient and longsuffering. Thank you for being the same yesterday, today and forever. We know your promises are true! In Jesus' name...Amen!

Sandra

Old 06-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar bar, do not be afraid to ask for prayer for yourself! You have a heart for God, and it is wonderful to intercede for others, but you need prayer too to keep yourself strong! Please do not hesitate to let us all know of your needs as nobody needs prayer more than a prayer warrior herself. I pray that John will be in God's hands and that whatever His will may be for your life right now and for John's that that will be what happens, for He knows what is tryly right and good for us, God knows your heart and he knows how much you are hurting. I would also suggest that maybe instead of trying to be so strong all the time that you maybe just take an hour or two to yourself to just be alone and allow yourself to cry, sometimes the best thing to heal our sorrows is just an outpouring of tears and raw needful prayer to God. Please take care of yourself, you give so much to others, that you need to take care of YOU.
Have a wonderful blessed father's day to hold in your heart

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 06-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is such a great thread! Last night when I read it tears came to my eyes and tonight smiles. Such great woman and prayers!
Prayers for all who are in need, esp. Barbara and Sophia. All will be in my prayers at church tomorrow too.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-20-2004, 05:10 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Dear Trainlady
What a wonderful praise!! I can just imagine the lightness you must be feeling and the joy!! He is a wonderful God isnt he!!!

Sophie
Old 06-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning, Sisters of praise!

Okay okay...so it is morning for ME! Out West we are a little behind time! ;-)

Robin, I, too, read through these last few posts to get caught up and cried and smiled and then offered a prayer up for all and thanked the good Lord that no matter WHERE we are (geographically/spiritually) we are TOGETHER, lifting up one another and encouraging and easing each others' burdens. I am so grateful for a thread such as that. I pray for each of you, hope that whatever you are doing, that the Lord will pour a mighty blessing out on you and yours!

Will check in later!
Hugs
Lynette
Old 06-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yeah, where else can complete strangers come together and lift each other up for specific needs and with a genuine concern for each other?

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 06-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tasha, you are so right~

Amazing isn't it! But that just shows how good God truly is! So glad you are a part of our praying sister-hood

Brother Pat, happy Father's day! And to all dads who may be surfing this site.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle To Those In Need of Prayers

Oh my, there are so many of you with such need for prayers I don't know where to begin. So, I will ask for God's help for each of you. He knows who you are, and of your needs. He sees the good in each one, and I know he will be of help where it's needed. We are told to ask, and bar-bar, you always are so concerned for everyone on this thread, so I know he will help you. You are not a selfish person, but always ready to extend a hand to others. And with your strong faith you must know help is on the way.

Thanks, also to all who have expressed concern over my baby kitten. Kali may just make it. She is eating, and drinking some water, although not enough. She also is walking around more now. I love animals. and cannot stand seeing them hurt, or sick.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Closed Thread