FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   Prayer Partners/Prayer Chain - 2 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/10959-prayer-partners-prayer-chain-2-a.html)

BrotherPat 05-24-2004 11:08 AM

I Just wanted to post this poem for those that may need it.

My wife Nini crochets, bookmarks in the shape of crosses and we pray over them then give them away as bookmarks or prayer cloths and attach this poem is to each one.....

It was written by an unknown author...

Your Cross

Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
There will always be sunshine
after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble,
perhaps even fall,
But God's always ready
to answer your call.
He knows every heartache,
sees every tear,
A word from His lips
can calm every fear.
Your sorrows may linger
throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish
at dawn's early light.
The Savior is waiting
somewhere up above,
To give you His grace
and send you His love.
Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
God always sends rainbows
after the rain.

Remember God Loves you and so do I
Brother Pat
:) :)

bar_bar 05-24-2004 11:36 AM

Bro Pat... thank you... May we copy this and use it ourselves?

thank you dear wife for that beautiful poem and what she does.

GOD bless her and tell her we say "hello" to her.

I was thinking of you earleir, as I just got thru listening to a radio message about how others reached out to and I thought about your website and how you are reaching out to others.

how is that going for you?

BrotherPat 05-24-2004 12:05 PM

Ladies,

Yes by all means you are welcome to copy and use the poem....

troubles_54901 05-24-2004 12:41 PM

hi

thank you it was very beautiful !!! thank you for sharing it !! god bless

redcardinalbird 05-24-2004 08:15 PM

Thanks for sharing Brother Pat! It was very touching.

Abear 05-25-2004 05:07 AM

I Got This in an E-Mail This Morning

For those who might doubt this is true, you can check it out here:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/children/sheffield.asp

The prayer request is for a little boy in Tifton......

The Prayer is for Joe William Sheffield (he is 9-years old)-his mother is a teacher in the school system in Tifton, Georgia. They attend First Baptist Church in Tifton. He has been diagnosed with cancer and began his Chemo on Christmas Eve.

First Baptist has a program called the Prayer Beeper. When you pray for this child, call this toll free number 1-877-546-0248. Listen to the recording and input number 733#.

What happens is this child wears the beeper and every time it vibrates he knows somewhere someone is lifting him up in prayer! What a wonderful ministry. I just did this myself-what an awesome blessing for this little boy every time he gets a buzz...and what a blessing for us to know that we are showing him God's love in such a quick way.

Please take a minute out of your day to say a prayer for Joe William...I am sure it means a lot to him and helps keep his spirits up every time he gets a "beep".

Please pass this along to all of your friends so Joe will know that even people that don't know him still care enough to say a prayer for him.

** I just did it. That is a toll-free number.

Linda Lou 05-25-2004 08:32 AM

Abear, thanks for the info. Small world, as I have met a sweet friend on the computer from Tifton. Have not had the pleasure of meeting her in person, yet, as we live about 3,000 miles apart.
I will have to send this to her and see if she knows about him. She probably does since it is a small town. She attends another church there in Tifton.
May God perform a miracle in this boys body.

bar_bar 05-25-2004 09:49 AM

Abear thanks for the prayer request... I will send it out to others as well calling it myself.

Linda let us know if this lady has heard about this little boy, who knows maybe we can find out more abut the little boy.

That is so neat how they can put a beeper on him where he can feel the calls. and may GOD heal him where this can be a testimony for others,

hope everyone is haveing a wonderful day.

autumnmum 2002 05-25-2004 12:16 PM

:daisy: Tuesday ~ Weigh~In Day :daisy: I'm very pleased to announce that I now weigh 83 lbs. ......only one more pound, but a very important one. Thank you all, for your concern. I see the doctor on thursday. I shall then find out if he is happy with my gain, also.

(()) Everyone have a Blessed Tuesday!! ^^

Carol Ann & :cat: :cat:

Linda Lou 05-25-2004 12:47 PM

Carol Ann, that is good, another pound. My doctor says if I could even lose half a pound a week, that would be considered fine. You think, it takes about 3,000 extra calories to gain or lose a pound, so that is good. We keep praying for God to restore your weight.