Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Minicrafter, How very sad for your community and the young mens' families. Prayers have been said for the boys' families who have gone on to heaven, the boy in the hospital recuperating and his family and your son and all the teammates and friends who are grieving.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Minicrafter I am so sorry to hear of this horrible tragedy. Our community went through one very much like this in late July. We lost 3 of our community's teens in a car wreck....2 more were hospitalized in critical condition but thanks be to God they are home now doing very well. They were even able to attend part of the first day of school on Aug. 9. These boys were on their way home from a country fair and lost control of the SUV they were driving.

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I do read your requests and ask God to bless each of you daily. You're all in my prayers and I thank God for each of you. As I've read through the requests and praise reports today I've asked God to bless you and heal those in need of healing. I thank God that all is well with Lynette's friends and that Tom is doing better. Thank you all for your prayers, I know God is working in His own way. Each of you are in my prayers.

I do have a praise to report...dd got the job she had applied for and she is doing well at work. Please pray that she will be able to continue to work without any problems. I would also like to report that oldest dd's dh has gone to work! They are expecting their first child next month. Please pray that our relationship will get better with oldest dd and that youngest dd will continue to do well. Thank you for all your prayers for my family.
Love, Hugs, & Prayers, Sweet Magnolia

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 08-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have not been posting either, but do read them all.

Father,
I want to lift up the requests of Sweet Magnolia this morning before you. You are the God of restoration, the one who created family. I am asking you to soften the heart of her daughter, that she would begin to see the important things in life. I pray for a healing of the relationship. I know that Paula's heart is breaking, full of sadness due to the strain in this relationship. I ask you heal her broken heart. Restore this relationship so the grandparents will be able to be involved in the babies life. I also ask for protection over this new life, and the delivery will go well for the daughter, as well. I thank you for the blessing of this baby. Also, we are thankful for the job for the sil.
For her other daughter, I ask you to be with her each day, showing her your strength. I know she has been facing some difficult days and I pray for your peace in her heart. Thank you for her new job and may you provide for her in every area of her life.
Lord, in a special, precious way, may You flood Paula's heart with the peace that only you can give. Mercies are new today, and may she be able to draw upon those mercies. Give her the assurance in her heart that she can trust fully in you for all things in her life. Restore joy unto her heart. In Jesus name... amen.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

re:KELLYDID

kellydid asked me to let you guys know she'll be off line for a few days she has terrible muscle spasms, back and leg pain and a migrane....

say a get well prayer for her

thanks

nancy
Old 08-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

To Linda Lous Prayer I Say

AMEN!!

Blessings All!!

SueG
Old 08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have been working at the church again this week and didn't realize how little time I have to put in on the computer! Sad...so sad

I pray that all went well at the wake for the two young football players. And for the young man in the hospital. And for all those greiving this terrible loss.

I pray for Paula and her family and I rejoice with her for the new jobs.

I lift up Nancy as her back spasms and everything are giving her such a bad time. Leave it to Satan to want to keep her away from here!

I also pray a prayer of thanksgiving for each of my prayer sisters! You are what holds me up, keeps me going and blesses me in so many ways.

I pray Bar-bar gets better and can get back online soon.

I want to ask for your prayers for Sharon and Larry. They have been friends of our family for many years! Sharon was diagnoses last year with breast cancer - bilateral! but by God's grace, she over came that obstacle and all was well! about 4 months later a spot was detected on her lung. Fairly large spot about the size of a quarter I believe. Well, after an very delicate surgery and treatment she was blessed by God's grace once more! 3 and a half weeks ago, she and her family noticed that she couldn't remember things in the middle of sentences. Like she would forget what she was going to say. Well, over the next few days, they noticed it getting worse and worse. Her forgetfulness was really beyond "typical' or "normal" and so the doctor ordered an MRI, a golf ball-sized tumor was located on her brain and she was taken in yesterday afternoon for surgery. Because Sharon's children and dh are with her, there is no one here who has been able to find out how the surgery has gone. I would pray that all went well and that Sharon would see God's AMAZING Grace in action for the 3rd time. The Lord has His reasons for this and I pray that He will use this experience to reach someone's heart.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lynette I hope you are right and everything has gone okay for friend sharon;s surgery! Boy they have been delt some nasty hands!

Kellydid I hope you are getting the rest you need and that your back and legs feel better soon!!

I just want to give an update on my goddaughters grandpa. They never moved him to anouther hospital instead they have set him up at home where he will spend the rest of his days with family and friends waiting till our lord god takes him from this world. The colon cancer is spread throughout his body and there is apparantly no hope. He is resting comfortably and relatively pain free thanks to morphine. My god daughters and their brother are having a hard time dealing with this. Please keep this family and robert in your prayers.

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-18-2004, 05:07 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Will say prayers for all mentioned.

Please stop Kellydid's spasms and migraines.

Please help the Sharon and her family through this once again tough time.

Please let Debbies goddaughter's gpa's passing be an easy one.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Prayers for all of you...
May God heal and comfort you and your loved ones.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have not posted here in a while but I have been keeping up with all the prayer request and praises. Tom is doing o.k. at home but still a lot of pain. They are not going to start any therapy on him until they do the surgery on his knee which will be soon but has not been scheduled yet. I pray that all who are feeling under the weather get to feeling better soon.

God Bless

Closed Thread