Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

PRAYER CHAIN

I am so sorry to hear of this accident. It is always sad when kids are involved. I am calling my sil tomorrow in the morning to add this young man and all the families to our church prayer chain. How sad for all involved.

Nancy
Old 08-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bonnie please know that you are all in are thoughts and prayers what an awful tragedy how is you son Iv seen this on the news the community is really comeing together God Bless you all.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:28 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Minicrafter I will be praying for these boys and their families during such a tragic time.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bonnie

How tragic!!! I will be prying for the familys and team members of the 2 boys being waked and welcomed to gods kingdom. I also will be praying for recovery for the young man in hospital and that he will find an inner peace in the days to come ....I'm sure it will be hard with losing an eye and sustaining an injury to his arm.
Take care. god bless
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Minicrafter, I will add the boys and family also to my prayers, how sad for this turn of events. It is hard to understand the whys??? But we can rest in the knowledge that Our Father knows what is best for all.

I always think that even as hard as it is to hear such tragic events, God has to be protecting them from something worse down the road. And we don't always understand the reason.

This is where faith comes in.

janet
Old 08-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bonnie I will say a prayer for the boys and therir families and the one in the hospital and his family to what a tragic event. and also for you dear.
God Be With You.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh my!

I have been a way for a day and come back to see such a tragic post! Bonnie, lifting up the community, families who've lost a son and for the young man still clinging to his life and for his parents. I am also lifting up your son and his teammates as this has got to be a terrible time. I remember going through losing 2 classmates my junior year of hs and it was hard on us all! WIll pray for you as my mom shared with me yesterday (I give my mom the requests to pray for each day) how much it hurt her to watch me go through that experience.

Lord, today will be a very difficult day for all in this little community. Lord, see each one through the wake and through each moment from here on out as they attempt to pick up and move forward without two of their loved ones. Be with the parents/siblings of the 2 who are fallen. Give them peace and reassurance. Be with the young man still in the hospital. If it be Your will Lord, lay Your healing hand on him restoring him to good health. Help him to deal with what has happened. Father I lift up to You the remaining students including Bonnie's son. I know how hard it is. Give each one Your love and peace. And Father, I lift up Bonnie and all the other parents who must now console their children. Give them the right words to say and I would ask one more thing to come from this terrible accident Lord. If it be your will may there be good come from this, may there be someone led to You through this tragedy. This is my humble prayer Lord, and I thank You for hearing and answering and I thank you for doing YOUR will. Amen.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I FORGOT ABOUT MY PRAISE REPORT!!

...and THANK YOU Cindy! for moving it to the prayer chain...I know your thoughts and prayers are with them, too....I was at such a loss after reading Bonnie's post that I forgot to post my praise report! I think we could use one about now, too!

Well, our friends' homes have been spared from the wild fires...it was a bitter sweet moment as a storm hit night before last and poured rain by the bucket-full and that aided the firemen. The fire is now 'contained' as they say. However, that was sweet but the bitter is, during the storm is lightening, well we have 2 new fires farther up, but fortunately they are located a bit farther away from occupied homes. This mostly wilderness area that is burning now. But Praise the Lord! They are safe, they are home from vacations and are giving praise for God looking out for them. They told me to thank everyone on here for praying for them even though you do not know who they are!

You know, this istread is really a great witnessing tool and conversation starter! Has anyone else noticed that? Well, just had to share with you all the good news!!

I want you all to know that even though I have not gone through and mentioned each of you by name who has posted a request/praise in the last couple days....I am not ignoring you, I have you in my journal. I am just trying to hurry and get to the office. I am sub secretary for my Pastor again this week (3 days). Am thinking of all and am praying for all!

Love and Hugs!
Lynette
Old 08-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What a shame for young men's lives to end so soon. I will be in prayer for the mourning famlies, the player who still has physical trauma and I am sure emotional as well and for all the other players on the team who I am sure are taking it pretty hard.

Sandra

Old 08-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lord i sit here with tears in my eyes for the families who have lost their sons. No one knows better what it feels like to have thir son die than you do. Lord i pray comfort for these families. Lord plese give the young man with injuries comfort. ?Help him to find his way and purpose. I pray for the community right now Lord that is rallying around these families. Let them find peace and comfort in your care. Help the other young men on the team to be able to surpass any anger they may feel. Like another sister here said let them know that you were keeping them from something even more tragic.

Lord i also thank you for all in Lynettes praise. Lord the rain was such a blessing!! You spared the homes of those that were n the way. Help the residents know that you are near and not to be fearful . Help them to understand how a fire in nature is renewing andis much like the refiners fire in buring out the impurities so that something new and wonderful can come about. Bless Your Holy Name.

Amen

Closed Thread