Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

update on my dad thay have sent him home he is schuduled for a nuclearer stress test on the 19th so we will se what happens tell then please keep him in your prayers thank you

Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Praise Report and Prayer Requests

Praise our Lord for answered prayers. It is so amazing to read all the answers to prayer we are seeing here in this tread. I have a couple of my own to add. For those of you who were praying for my family's job situation, thank you so much!! My MIL called me out of the blue this week and said she would be willing to watch dd Lici so that I can continue to work my two days a week at the oral surgeons office after I get back from Cali. That is our grocery money so that a monumentous weight off my sholders. Secondly, my DH has been so very unhappy with the job he was forced to take when he was laid off back in March that it has effected all aspects of his life. A couple of weeks ago he interviewed at a professional lab that would consider an "art house". A place where the quality of the product is more important that the quantity of how much work you can generate. Anyhow, he loved the place and really wanted to work there but they only had part time work to offer and we could not accept. Again, out of the blue, the manager calls him and says they want to find a way to hire him and asked him to come in for a tryout today. They plan on utilizing him in three different departments because he has experience in both black and white film and color as well as printing. When he told me he was totally shocked by the call, I told him I wasn't. When he asked why, I told him because there are people praying for us and this is the result of that. What a testamony to him that was!!! Please continue to pray for him today as he goes through the tryout at six pm edt.
The other prayer request is for my DF. He is going in for surgery on Friday morning for a repair on a hernia operation he had a couple of months ago. I so am thankful I will get so see him on Sunday. This trip is turning out to be such a wonderful blessing in so many ways.

"Not what we gain, but what we give....measures the worth of the life we live."
http://www.jsantiago.greatesthomebusiness.com
http://saferforyourhome.com
Old 08-11-2004, 01:05 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

My mom was sent home today. She is looking good. She said that her new doctor was wonderful, he talked with her at length with her about her fears. She said he calmed her right down, and he was very gentle. Thank you for all the prayers, thyey really helped me through this.

Coll

Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The Lord is so good to us isn't he Julie??? I love to hear these answers to prayer and Julie yours seems to be blossoming in many directions. It has been an honor to pray for you and your family. I pray that he continues to bless you!

I will pray for you friends surgery that it comes out with good sucess.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Sandra

Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Coll...I didn't see your post until I had already posted mine. I'm so glad she's doing well and feeling more peaceful about the whole thing. This is great news!

Sandra

Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Coll
My mom was sent home today. She is looking good. She said that her new doctor was wonderful, he talked with her at length with her about her fears. She said he calmed her right down, and he was very gentle. Thank you for all the prayers, they really helped me through this.

Coll

Coll~ I am so glad to hear your Mom is doing well physically and mentally. Hospitals and surgery can be so emotionally exhausting for both the patient and the family members who love them. Will continue to pray for her recovery.
Quote:
Originally posted by ethansamuel
The Lord is so good to us isn't he Julie??? I love to hear these answers to prayer and Julie yours seems to be blossoming in many directions. It has been an honor to pray for you and your family. I pray that he continues to bless you!
I will pray for you friends surgery that it comes out with good sucess.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Sandra
He is, He is, so very good to us - especially since we are so undeserving of his blessings. As info, it is my Father that is going in for surgery. Pray to for my ds Alex, as he is out in Cali with my parents now and is very nervous about his Gpa having surgery.

"Not what we gain, but what we give....measures the worth of the life we live."
http://www.jsantiago.greatesthomebusiness.com
http://saferforyourhome.com
Old 08-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm sorry Julie...my brain interpreted df as dear friend not father and I KNOW better than that! I'll be praying for your DAD and Alex as I'm sure he's nervous.

Sandra

Old 08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am asking for prayers for my family. We want to move so badly! We need space away from my inlaws. I really feel this is what God wants for us too.

Tonight way sooooo embarassing! Sitting in the cafe with my dad, my son, aunt, uncle and thier grandkids. In walk my inlaws, they looked right at me and snubbed me cold. We live in a very small town and this isn't the first time this has happened. My FIL had on sunglasses and truley, I feel , he did not see me, BUT my MIL did. I am tired of all this petty acts of hers. We have been married for over twenty years, can't she ever accept it?

They will tell eveyone around them how rude I was tongiht.....I spoke to them, introduced my family to them and chit chatted.

They wont' call or stop by if they know dh isn't home. I am tired of being around people who dislike me to the extrems they do....
Old 08-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bluebird, How sad for your inlaws, for they are missing having a wonderful relationship with you, and all members of your family too.

You just keep on being nice, and kind..and ignore there actions, it is hard to do but not impossible.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Janet
Old 08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bluebird

Connie, first please let me correct an oversight on my part. I have not welcomed you yet to FC, so I am doing that first and foremost.

I can relate very well with your MIL situation. If you go back a few pages you will understand what I am saying.

I will pray that you and your family will find the resources to be able to move and remove yourself from the situation.

Dear Heavenly Father, your know Connie's situation with her in-laws. You know the difficulties she has had to endure over the years. I am putting this problem in your capable hands. I know in your infinite wisdom you will help her and her family. Praise God, please give her the strength to hold on until things can get better.
Lord please touch her in-laws hearts to let then realize the damage they are doing to their son and his family. Please wrap all in the love of your arms tonight to give them peace and rest.
Amen.

Closed Thread