Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Maj-Lis I recieved your cards today. They are delightful. I loved the open tram cars

Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Debbie, I thought of printing some on card stock.. just found my package of card stock paper so gonna try it. I'm thinking of getting another printer that takes cheaper ink... I just put new color ink in my printer & it's over half gone already. I didn't print that much stuff so I'm thinking the the ink cartridges aren't full when I get them. I used to be able to replace the ink only 3 times a year but not anymore!!. Will have to check with the post office to see exactly what the postage rates are now.. seems like every couple of months, it goes up again!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Head Moderator

This was posted today on my news channel

The U.S. Postal Service is now charging 46 cents for a first class United States stamp

Postcards now cost 33 cents to send via snail mail.

The hike is one penny more from the previous price.

The raise comes as the USPS continues to struggle to pay its bills.

International rates went up also,but I don't remember what it was and my post office is closed for lunch. So if anyone else knows please post it, thanks! Just heard on the news----International basic rate (postcards and regular letter goes up to $1.10)

Last edited by cat lover; 01-28-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM

Thanks Debbie. I'll have to get some 1 cent stamps to go with the 32 cent ones I have & then get some 33 cent ones. I'm going to ask them if the Forever stamps will still work for regular mail.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Head Moderator

The forever stamps will work forever that is why they are doing them. Whatever price you pay for them the post office will honor them no matter what the price goes to. The post office told me they didn't know if they would be doing them for the postcard or not; wish they would.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM

I don't understand why postage goes up in some areas & not in others. I just got stamps today & the postcard stamps were 32 cents. I thought they would go up here as well & bought some extra 1 cent stamps to use with the 32 cent ones I had, so guess I'll hold on to them til I'm told it went up here.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member

Maj-Lis, I received your wonderful postcards on Tuesday. Goteborg looks lovely. I love the old trams,it must be fun to ride on them. The Red Robin is beautiful, my husband loves this bird it's his favorite bird.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minny View Post
I don't understand why postage goes up in some areas & not in others. I just got stamps today & the postcard stamps were 32 cents. I thought they would go up here as well & bought some extra 1 cent stamps to use with the 32 cent ones I had, so guess I'll hold on to them til I'm told it went up here.
They did go up everywhere, but still have the 32 cent stamps for postcards, you have to buy 1 cents to go with them. Someone in the post office you where in should have told you that.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Mailed postcards to everyone this morning......Maj-Lis I mailed your postcards on Wednesday morning.
Have a great weekend!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I better get busy

Closed Thread