Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Head Moderator

Still going on?

Was just taking a look and wondered if the postcard swap was still going on or not? Anyone still interested?

Last edited by cat lover; 02-23-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am

I'm interested but it don't look like much is going on like it use to.
Sandy1970
*Sorry if this is my 2nd post in reply. My computer is saying it didn't go thru the 1st time.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Head Moderator

Sandy, maybe some others will see this and respond. Guess we'll wait and see!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Fingers crossed

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hope someone is interested.
Sandy1970
Old 03-01-2011, 05:37 AM

Ladies, it seems this thread has been forgotten. Personally, I haven't sent out any cards for about a year. I would have to find somewhere here to get cards. The place where I used to get them when I lived here before no longer sells them. The only ones I would have with me would be from Florida.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Head Moderator

Postcards do seem to be a bit hard to find unless you visit a tourist sight!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I can get postcards here but they are the same ones that I've already sent to those who were trading regularly and not many new people have been interested. I've got quite a nice collection from those I've received.

Last edited by apricot; 03-06-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 AM

That's the way it was for me where I lived in Florida.. I kept getting the same ones over & over because there wasn't a big choice to choose from & I think everyone got all the ones I had. I haven't found a place here in Ohio to get them yet. I have some left over from Florida, but since I'm in Ohio, people will want Ohio postcards.

I have one from all 50 states & some from out of USA in my collection.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Some of our WalMarts sell postcards.

A neat trick to make postcards is to cut the fronts off of greeting cards and send them.

I think that we set this thread up to have those who were interested in sending post cards to just send among themselves. If there's some interest and someone here is willing to organize it, I could set a trade up again. It wouldn't be a club, per say, but we could set up a chit chat thread for it.

Please email me if someone here is interested in organizing it.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Assistant Moderator

another way of makng post cards was to print off a picture from the computer and put it on the postcard backings.

At one time in the postcard swap which was fun we swap receipe cards, and round robin which someone would start it out, with at least 10 or more cards.. send it to the next person on the list, that person would replace the amount she took out and send it to the next person. That person would follow suit.
Inside the swap, was a peice of paper that told what we took. It may also had what we put in, not sure of that now.
It would continue to go to each person on the list. Last person would send it to the first person that started it. That person got what was put in. Most of the time I do believe it was a complete new set than what she started with.
that was lots of fun.

We would from time to time, set a theme month to send out something beside postcards, but don't remember what it was.. very few times did we do that. but it was fun...

I had collected so many postcards, and with me moving and downsizing postcards was one of the things I didnt'[ need no longer... I got out of it when John was so sick and I had to limit myself and ss was what I went with.

so I wouldn't be in it with just postcards... but for those that loves postcards, it lots of fun.

Closed Thread