Postcard Corner - 12

You're on Page 11 of 123
Go to
  • I rec'd your post card yesterday Minny but forgot to let you know, thank you.

I've heard shingles is no fun hope you get better soon Jackie
  • You're welcome Kathy. Hope I didn't send that one to you before.

You're right... shingles is no fun.. very painful & mine itched something awful!
  • Received cards from Mionny, debk and apricot recently. hanks so much.
    Minny, what were some of the sayings? Just curious! LOL
  • Meg, you're welcome. I'll have to resize the picture & try to put it on here. Some of them are
    Don't come the Raw Prawn
    Fair Dinkum
    Strewth!
    You little bottler

Quote: Received cards from Mionny, debk and apricot recently. hanks so much.
    Minny, what were some of the sayings? Just curious! LOL
  • Meg, hope this works... I tried resizing it so it would show the whole card. I figured out a couple of them but most of them I don't know.

• So G'day mate. Howzat Kathy? I reckon I hear about 5 of these little ripper sayings regularly. I mean strewth, anyone using them all would have to be a kangaroo short in the top paddock or a rip snorter, bonza kind of bloke. I mean good onya mate, ya'd have to be chock a block full of grog or bull (as in no-bull) to even av a go ya mug. Crikey, don't come the raw prawn with me mate, but it'd be a bonza day if me mates all said 'G'day mate, 'ow ya goin just before they drank me grog and said Hoo roo.
    Fair dinkum that was a tough ask, but I think I got them all! LOL

Actually Minny, I say I reckon, goodonya, fair dinkum (occasionally) and too right. I don't think I even hear many of the others much at all. Contrary to popular opinion (and indeed the past subject of a discussion or two here) we actually speak English!! LOL
    Thanks for posting it.
  • Good one Meg..I only knew what a few of the sayings were...thanks for clearing them up....

Hugs debbie
  • Umm, I'm not sure that I clarified much debbie!! LOL If there is some that you don't understand just ask. I am sure between us Kathy and I can help out!
  • Whew!!!! Now that was a mouthful LOL. I only hear some of these if I'm watching a movie about Australia. Thanks for translating lol.

Quote: So G'day mate. Howzat Kathy? I reckon I hear about 5 of these little ripper sayings regularly. I mean strewth, anyone using them all would have to be a kangaroo short in the top paddock or a rip snorter, bonza kind of bloke. I mean good onya mate, ya'd have to be chock a block full of grog or bull (as in no-bull) to even av a go ya mug. Crikey, don't come the raw prawn with me mate, but it'd be a bonza day if me mates all said 'G'day mate, 'ow ya goin just before they drank me grog and said Hoo roo.
    Fair dinkum that was a tough ask, but I think I got them all! LOL

Actually Minny, I say I reckon, goodonya, fair dinkum (occasionally) and too right. I don't think I even hear many of the others much at all. Contrary to popular opinion (and indeed the past subject of a discussion or two here) we actually speak English!! LOL
    Thanks for posting it.
  • G'day, ripper, strewth, grog, bull, goodonya (shortened to onya), reckon would be my usuals there, with arvo, sanga, bewdy, and few others not there.
    Sometimes I do have to check myself before I type.

That was said so beautifully Meg