Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Just stopped in for a minute to say hello. Tomorrow the roofing company will start replacing our old wood roof with asphalt shingles.

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Happy face Cards going out

I have a few cards going out tomorrow to the following

Deb K
BuddyBeanieBaby
Jrztomato
Sleach
Rosey Everett
Donna_Marie Folk

Jackie, are you at the AR address or the LA address? I have one going out to you as soon as I know which address to send it to.

Ran out of stamps, so will get the rest of you as soon as I get to the post office to get more.

Last edited by Minny; 05-29-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thumbs down

Hello Everybody,
I just wanted to say hi and let you know that if there are a few days you don't hear from me between now and June 6th it's because my sister and her whole family are flying in later today from Florida and will be here for a week. (Great...MORE stress for me!) She has been married 12 years this weekend and I will be meeting her alcoholic husband for the first time and my nephew for the first time also. I last saw my neice about 7 years ago. She was 2. So I will enjoy the kids IF she keeps them under control.
(My sister and I are both adopted and as different as black and white! We try to get along but it doesn't work very well.) She's planning on staying with my Dad which will just confuse him (He is stage 3 Alzheimers) and I will have to calm him down frequently most likely AND she is lying to my mom about where she is staying and expects me to lie to! I won't lie for her. I won't bring it up but if my mom asks I will tell her the truth!
My sister is 40 yrs old and thinks the world
revolves around her. When she came up when my mom got real sick and we found out she is terminal, my sister took most of my mom's real diamonds and good jewelry home with her without saying a word to anyone. I found out when they made her open her suitcases at the airport before boarding the plane to go home! Needless to say this is NOT a week I am looking forward to.
(You can pick your friends but NOT your family!)

Well I've ******* enough and that isn't like me. I try to be positive and upbeat!

Thanks for letting me spout Ladies. Have a wonderful week. I will try to pop in as much as I can.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Heather, you try to take it easy! I'm sure that all of us who read what you just posted will be keeping you in prayers during this week. I hope it doesn't take a toll on your health
Old 05-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Heather..Barb is right..take it easy and we will pray for you...curious..did you get the stuff back from her at the airport or did she make off with it? hope you retrieved it..
no rain predicted for today but think the wguys are off..sky is really filled with dark clouds....and I need to go to the po...darn..
Theresa..I will play with you if you get enough to run a bingo in June..will pm you...
Old 05-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Debbie take care with all that is happening......My mom has alzheimers and I know how hard it can be when their routine is disrupted. I hope you can get through the visit with as little stress as possible.

Theresa I am up for a game of Bingo if you plan on running it in June

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

opps....Kathy thank you so much for the beautiful card that arrived yesterday....i loved the painting

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-30-2007, 04:39 AM

Happy face

Good Morning all. Been a busy couple of days here.. trying to get the new tile put down in the kitchen before my son arrives on Friday.

Debbie.. take care & try not to let the stress get to you. I know it's going to be hard for you, but just take it one day at a time. Keeping you in my prayers.
I may not be online much next week either.. my son from Ohio will be visiting & it will be a busy week here too.

Theresa, when are you going to start the bingo? Hope I'll see the word list in time to play.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:22 AM

Theresa, I'll play bingo.

Debbie, take one day at a time. I'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well.

I'll be back later.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Added DebbieK...Minny...Sharon to list for Bingo Players...so far we have

Kathy(Bilby)
Debbie(craft_e_mom)
Margaret(jrztomato)
DebbieK
Sue(Minny)
Sharon(Seleach)

And in keeping with the June Butterfly Swap...this bingo will be Butterflies...

I won't post the words until the 3rd or 4th of June...does that sound okay to everyone...

Anyone else wanting to play Bingo pm me or post here...Thanks Everyone...

Closed Thread