Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thank You Apricot for the wonderful post card I received in today's mail...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

Sharon I wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day was everything you wished for and more.
Deb please tell your daughter a belated Happy Birthday from Kayleen and I. We hope she had lots of fun and presents too!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Assistant Moderator

DebbieH,Craft-e
I rec'd a postcard from you today thanks for that, there are a lot of lighthouses in Michigan!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Belated birthday wishes to Sharon and DebK's DD. Hope both enjoyed the day.

Theresa, That took so long to get there that I almost forgot that I sent it, LOL. I'm glad you like it.

Crafty, Hope everything went okay with John's dr. visit.

Last edited by apricot; 05-22-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Name:  dropping in.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  23.9 KB

got more stamps on Monday so can get some more cards out..running late this morning so will get them out tomorrow..
have a great day...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello!! Happy belated birthday Sharon....and Debk's dd!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I want to appologize for not being around the past few weeks. Things have been totally chaotic for me. First a close friend went home to be with the Lord. Then hubby was home from work for a few days because of severe pain in his elbow from a cortizone shot. Then to top it all off I had to take the youngest two girls to the dentist. Emmily, my 5 y/o had two bad cavities that had to be filled. The dentist gave her laughing gas to relax her a bit before giving her a shot of novicain. She was fine through the whole thing, not a tear or flinch. Well shortly after we got home I noticed she had blood all over her face near her mouth. My oldest daughter and I rushed her in the bathroom and started rinsing her mouth out to find the source of the bleeding. After about 5 minutes we were able to find it was coming from her tongue. She didn't even know she had bitten down on her tongue. I gave her an ice cube and it seemed to help stop the bleeding, but not completely. I called our insurance nurse helpline and they told me to continue to the ice and it should be ok, just watch for swelling. Well after 2 hours it was still bleeding so I took her to the er. The triage nurse stuck a big wad of gauze in her mouth to put pressure on the tongue to stop the bleeding. 5 sets of gauze later it finally did. When the dr came in and checked her tongue he saw a hole and a deep gash in her tongue. He said she probably needed stiches. Shortly later a plastic surgeon came in and said if she didn't get stitches, since the gash was on the side of the tongue it would heal and she would have a flap. He said he'll try to fix it but not sure how it will go and then went to look for a spray to numb her tongue a bit before giving her the shot to numb it completely. Well of course they couldn't find it so he came in with the needle and said he'll just have to do it the old fashioned way. Emmily sat perfectly still on daddy's lap and let the surgeon give her the shot. After a couple of minutes he was then able to give her two stitches. He was compltely amazed at how good she was. He said in all the years he's been practicing he's never seen anything like how calm and relaxed she was. We were then given a prescription for antibiotics to prevent infection and released. Now of course I'm worried she's going to bite her tongue again because it's numb so I sort of bribed her to get her to be conscious about not biting it. I told her if she didn't bite her tongue that night I'd take her to the toy store the next day and let her pick out a toy. Well it worked and she is now the proud mommy of a baby Cabbage Patch. Prayerfully it's been a week and it's healing wonderfully.

Now the icing on the cake. My mother-in-law called last night and told me my 89 year old grandmother-in-law fell and is in the hospital. She said she had a CVA (cardiovascular accident) that caused the fall and she was very disoriented. Upon looking CVA up I discovered that she had a stroke. She's been very agitated and they're having a hard time performing the various tests that need to be done. She also suffers from Crones disease and we're not sure how or if she's going to recover. Hubby was able to get a few days off from work and we'll be driving up to Maine to see her next week. If anyone wants a Bangor or Bar Harbor Maine pc, pm me and let me know. Also, if I owe you one, please let me know. With everything going on here I'm not sure if I'm up to date or not. We're also still unsure as to where we're going to wind up moving. Hubby hasn't been able to find anywhere that will take him as a full-time transfer. Our deadline is quickly approaching and I have no clue of what is going to happen.

Now that I've written a short story I'll end my message.

Hugs,
Heather

Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Goodness, Heather, that is a lot on your plate! I am amazed at how your little girl cooperated so well--it must have been scary for her and for you I'm sorry your grandmother is having trouble. I hope you & your family enjoy the time you have with her. I know how precious grandmothers are!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:38 AM

Thank you train, Deb, Can you guess, Minny, crafty, Laura, Lynette, craft e mom & Kayleen for the birthday wishes.

Thank you bar_bar for the birthday song. Buck told me there was a message on the answering machine for me when I got home from work. Imagine my surprise when I played it and it was you singing happy birthday. LOL

Happy belated birthday to Paige.

Deb, glad I sent you a pc I hadn't sent yet. Trying to keep track of that.

Heather, You have had quite a time. My goodness. I can't even imagine having a needle stuck in my tongue and stitches.
So sorry to hear about your grandma-in-law. Enjoy your time with her.
I do hope your dh can find a full time transfer.
That is a scary situation.

Crafty, I hope John is doing better.

Am sending out my June swaps today.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

I'm late in my wishes, I hope you had a great birthday Sharon.

Heather
I know how a tongue injury can hurt, my bro whacked me on the back of the head and I bit through my tongue, I was older and about 14, I have a perfect front teeth bite mark permanantly in my tonge aboutinch from the front. Lots of blood and lots of salt water garggling I hated but no stitches. I can still line my teeth to my tonge scar now LOL
Your daughter is very brave and it will be a story to tell in years to come.
I hope the rest of your family troubles are sorted out soon so that you can carry on, take care.

Closed Thread