Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Canadian bingo words not called

Since there were only a few words left I thought I might as well give you the descriptions for all of them......

1. "eh" ..... Everyone else says that we canadians use this word a lot at the end of sentences. "whats up Eh"

2. Western Canada.... This includes British columbia and western alberta

3. NDP.... New Democratic Party is anouther political party in Canada.

4. CBC..... Canadian broadcasting company(tv and radio)

5. The praries.... Includes Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Eastern Alberta

6. Hudsons Bay.... Hudsons Bay is a fascinating water body. Its role in the development of Canada was more significant in previous centuries than it is today. The British long used the Bay to penetrate into the interior of Canada. It seems unbelievable today, that ships would brave the northern route into the heart of Canada, rather than come through the St. Lawrence and proceed northward. When you consider the vast land distances, and the lack of transport available at the time however, their choice made sense.
The bay has a surface area in excess of half a million square kilometres, with a maximum width approaching 1000km, and its longitudinal breadth 1500km. Its drainage basin is so large that the combined flow draining into the bay exceeds the drainage basins of the Pacific and Atlantic coasts combined. The maximum summer water temperature of the bay is 10oC. Gale force winds and tides make the waters very treacherous. From the first European penetration by Henry Hudson in 1610, the bay has served as sthe graveyard of many mariners. Numerous sunken vessels and the ruins of the only stone military fortification in the Arctic are but a part of her European history.

7. Bryan Adams.... Canadian icon Bryan Adams' take on rock 'n' roll basics found a niche that has lasted for over 20 years.
Adams solo career was launched with the release of his self-titled debut album Bryan Adams in February of 1980 on A&M Records.

8. David Suzuki..... David Suzuki is Canada’s preeminent science broadcaster. He also carries a global reputation as a geneticist, professor, public lecturer, and environmental and civil rights activist.
The dozens of TV and radio series and specials that Suzuki has hosted strike a layman’s balance between education and entertainment. He is best known as the long-time moderator of the highly successful CBC TV science magazine show, The Nature of Things, which airs in more than 40 nations.

9. Juno awards.... The Juno Awards are awards of achievement presented to Canadian musical artists and bands. They could be considered the transnational counterpart to the United States' Grammy Awards.
The Junos acknowledge artistic and technical achievement in all aspects of the music of Canada. Currently, winners are chosen by members of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences or, depending on the award, a panel of experts or actual record sales. New members of the Canadian Music Hall of Fame are also inducted as part of the awards ceremony.

So that is all....hope you all learned at least one new thing from this bingo!!

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

Congrats to Autumnsy

I still had 2 words to go, Brian Adams of course and David Suzuki

Old 04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yay, Carol Anne. I did get one word, but still was waiting on Western Canada!
Thanks Deb, that was fun and I did learn some new things. I'll see if I can use some Canadian speak, when I email you, but I'll probably forget!! LOL.
That was fun for my first Bingo.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I also had one word to go.

CONGRATULATIONS to Carol Ann!
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

CONGRATULATIONS CAROL ANN...
Attachment 13101

SNAGGED FROM BILBY.....

My mystery player was Bar-Bar...but she didn't know it......

Last edited by jrztomato; 08-06-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Congratulations Carol Ann!

Deb, I really enjoyed this Bingo and it was fun learning the new words and being reminded of those that I'd heard when I went to Alberta and from several Canadian friends that used to go to my church.

This is just an FYI. Some of you know that I have Graves disease with overactive thyroid, some don't. Anyway, I will be getting treatment this Friday. Basically, all I do is go to the hospital and take a pill, then go home, but will have to isolate in the bedroom/bath for at least four days because there is some radiation involved. Unfortunately, I will not be able to use my computer after this Thursday evening until Tuesday of next week. I just wanted to let you know in case anybody wonders why I'm not posting then. I will miss all of you but will be thinking of you during that time.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Congrats Carol Ann on the Bingo. God knows what I was waiting for 1 have not kept track but my friends like Robin did and I know she did a great job thanks hon for taking over. Great job Deb also.

Last edited by CraftyLdy; 09-17-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Congrats, Autumn!!! Love ya, girl!

Oh my goodness, Apricot! I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs, train
Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Congratulations Carol Ann!!!!!

Crafty only had one more to go - David Suzuki. I still had three more to go.

I will start a new Bingo using Kentucky Derby words. The Festival kicks off this Friday and goes until the Derby on May 6. I will post the words later as I need to find which document I attached them to. I added to it as I thought of words.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Assistant Moderator

Apricot
Here's hoping your hospital visit on friday is short and sweet and all turns out ok.

Closed Thread