Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just checking in...........

Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi,
I was away over Easter and sure I would miss out on BINGO, but it seems we all are waiting on the last few words! I need 3. Good to see a nice time is being had by everyone.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The best moose is a chocolate mousse
Kathy you are my kind of girl!!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Robin how nice of you to take over my Bingo words for me you are a sweetie. Yes I do see I need 2 more words to go. If I can do anything for you just yell. Thanks.
It feels so good to be back and on my computer and know that DH is looking and doing better. Today is anther holiday here patriots day so everyone is closed again as far as Dr's offices go so another day of rest for me except my house needs a little vacumn, and dusting, & plants watering, and computer time LOL.

Last edited by CraftyLdy; 09-17-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Canadian Bingo Day 13

Canadian Bingo Day 13

1. Great big Sea
2. Homo Milk
3. Maple Syrup

Definitions.....

1. Great Big Sea..... the St. John's Newfoundland -based, Juno-nominated band that fuses Newfoundland traditional music with modern pop in a crowd-pleasing formula both heartfelt and vital. A pure force of nature much like the ocean surge they take their name from Great Big Sea's blend of instruments like mandolin, bodhran, fiddle, and concertina, along with their vocal harmonies, revels in the melodies they create and the Newfoundland tunes they love. Their sound bellows joy. Their fans have been responding since their self-titled debut in 1993. All of their albums have gone gold, and most are multi-platinum.

2. Homo milk...... Homogenized milk. Known in the States as whole milk. The term whole milk is actually used in Canada too, but refers to something different. Homo milk is homogenized milk with a butterfat content of 3.25%. Whole milk is not homogenized (it will separate if left standing for any period of time; this is the milk our parents drank). Almost all milk today is homogenized, although whole milk can still be found if one looks.

3. Maple syrup..... Maple syrup is a big industry in Canada. Sap is collected from sugar maples in the spring and is boiled to reduce water content to get the sticky substance we all love on pancakes. Every spring in Ontario and quebec a trip to a sugar bush is always in order. After touring the farm and learning about how the maple syrup is made a pancake breakfast with fresh maple syrup and rolling maple syrup on the snow to make maple tafffy is a great treat. The natives were the first to discover maple syrup and it was considered a medicine because it is high in vit C so would help to cure scurvy.

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Whee! I only need 3 more.
To celebrate, I'm going to go put on my GBS CD That's good stuff.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

neither Mystery nor I got any today..both still need 2 and they aren't the same words...
BUT did receive a surprise envie from Sweden...four great views of Helsingborg PLUS she added an Easter card also..that was so sweet of her....
HAPPY PATRIOT'S DAY...
Old 04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hi everyone,
i hope everyone had a good weekend.i received a pc seleach on saturday.wisconsin looks really pretty.we are trying to eat all the easter candy that the kids got for easter.we will still have candy 2 months from now.thats all for now.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

A big THANK YOU to seleach for the 3 "spring swap" cards I got today! Beautiful pictures on those cards!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Assistant Moderator

Only one word on todays list for me, so I still have 2 to go.

Margaret
chocolate mousse with cream and chocolate sprinkles of course!

Closed Thread