Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kelly, thanks for the Smokey Mts. card I received. I accidently put it with all the Girl Scout postcards and as I was showing the girls their cards and reading what was said, I had to say, Oops, this one is not for you all. They have enjoyed seeing all of their cards and reading about the other girls' activities. The cards are interesting too in how the handmade ones have been made.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Just put a card out to Carol and to Kelly..will do some more when I get to the p.o...my online order never arrived... so need to go to pu stamps...need to go anyway to send a bd gift to my soon to be 7 yr. old great granddaughter...getting the rest of her gift today and then will get there either tomorrow or first thing on Monday..no later as her bd is the 20th....
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi--red! What kind of girl scout cards are you collecting?? Do you need any from PA??
Old 01-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I went back to the old thread to PM for swaps but it wouldn't let me

I'd love to swap with anyone anywhere so just PM me and I'll zip one out to ya!!

BTW---what is "postcrossing"???? Never heard of it before??????
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 AM

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting sooner.. darn computer wouldn't co-operate with me yesterday.

Jrztomato, finally got to reply to your PM.
Welcome back kclrn!! Wow I sent a search party out to look for you but they couldn't find you! Glad to have you back.!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi well I just came back from the post office and I mailed PC's to Minny, Bette & Klcrn. Now I have not heard from sweetmaggie or jrztomato if you don't get them by next week I will send another one HMMM.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klcrn
I went back to the old thread to PM for swaps but it wouldn't let me

I'd love to swap with anyone anywhere so just PM me and I'll zip one out to ya!!

BTW---what is "postcrossing"???? Never heard of it before??????
I never heard off "postcrossing" but I have heard of cross posting. Itís kind of like posting a topic about cat in a dog topic in the hope of that someone might be able to the direct the poster into the correct thread. Yes, the old was closed down and this was the continuous thread.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Postcrossing.com is a postcard site where you sign up and can send cards around the world and in return you get some too. You can send up to 5 cards, they are randomly choosen for you and you are given an ID to place on the card. When the receiver gets your card they register it and then someone from the database is given your name to send one to. You never know where they will come from. I got one today from a 9 year old in the Netherlands.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Happy face Good Mail Received

Hi Everyone. I got "good mail" today.

Apricot.. thanks for the cards.. they are great! Love the Mickey & Minny one!

Craftyldy, Thanks for the beautiful card of Niagra Falls. I could almost hear the water running over those rocks.

Everyone I have promised cards to watch your mailbox.. they were mailed out yesterday..1/12/06.

I have one ready to go out tomorrow to sleach.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:11 PM

Post Crossing.. I've sent out 2 from this site, but so far haven't received anything yet. Hope I hear something soon. I wasn't sure exactly how this works. What if the person receiving the card doesn't post the card id? Does that keep your name at the inactive list? There should be a place to post that you sent out your card to the person that was given to you.

Closed Thread