Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Gloria...got your postcard today. thanks so much. We loved it . It looks very pretty there!

Take care

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning too.

Just wanted to say thank you to Raggd3, roisindubh and Bilby. I got your postcards this morning. They are just awesome.

Also, kellydid, the first one , not the second one , sent out this morning. I am heading to the postoffice shortly so I can get more stamps to send out the second one. I figured even if the first one isnt the second one, the first one is better then,not one.

Jackie
Old 09-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

Glad you liked it Jackie
Has anyone else rec'd my postcards yet, I sent them a week ago so they should be arriving soon.

It's not fair overses postage has just gone up for me, $1.10 per p/c (2 in an envie) and for more for 3 or more p/c whaaaa, not fair prickely pear !!

Old 09-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Postcard Jackpot today!!!
I got cards from Maryann and from Donna-Marie

Maryann, my dad has been in your area often, on his bicycle trips. He loves the Glens Falls area, Lake Champlain, all that. Donna-Marie, that lighthouse was gorgous. WOW.

And DD got one from her postcard buddy so we are all postcard-happy around here today
Old 09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Bilby,

I just went to the post office this mornig to buy stamps and for us here in the U.S postcard postage,for us,to send to you, is 70 cents a stamp. I cant believe your rates are so outrageously high. Almost makes it not worth it. And here I thought our postage was high!!!!!!! Makes me appreciate the post card you sent me even more. Its like gold. I'll get one out to you tonite. Maybe if all us girls attached a quarter to the postcards we send you , you could afford postage.Ha. Not a bad idea though. We want you to be able to play too.

Take care and talk to you soon. Jackie
Old 09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

getting back in the swing of things

try to get back in post ing on here and hope to semnd postys out !!! if you get one surprise to you !!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by elrey
Hi Bilby,

I just went to the post office this mornig to buy stamps and for us here in the U.S postcard postage,for us,to send to you, is 70 cents a stamp. I cant believe your rates are so outrageously high. Almost makes it not worth it. And here I thought our postage was high!!!!!!! Makes me appreciate the post card you sent me even more. Its like gold. I'll get one out to you tonite. Maybe if all us girls attached a quarter to the postcards we send you , you could afford postage.Ha. Not a bad idea though. We want you to be able to play too.

Take care and talk to you soon. Jackie
Ah! But we Yanks who live near the US/Canadian border can tell ya all about exchange rates! 1 US dollar is not = 1 AU dollar. Right now, a dollar in Oz is equal to about $.70 in US dollars. So actually, in Aussie dollars, Bilby is paying not quite 7 cents US more per postie than we do to mail to her.It just sounds a lot worse in AU dollars! Folks up in this area are always running up to British Columbia to shop, especially for big ticket items, because Yank dollars buy almost twice as much up there. Of course, that means the Canadians don't come down here to shop very often, except for the odd thing they can't get at home. Even then, they have to figure in the VAT they'll have to pay when they take their goodies back home. DH and I ordered our wedding bands from a Canadian jeweller and saved a bundle over the same rings in US dollars. Sounds as if we're taking advantage of the exchange rate (well, we are,) but I suspect that, if it were the other way around, the American border towns would be full of Canadians doing the same thing.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Wow roisindubh,

It never occured to me about the exchange rates. I dont get out much. Well, I guess I take my quarter off of Bilby's posty and buy me a gumball with it.Ha Ha. Thanks for the interesting info. I sure am learning a lot just trading postcards. Jackie
Old 09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Jackie, the only reason it occurred to me is that, this close to the Canada/US border, we deal with it all the time. Not something most people ever have occasion to deal with unless they live near another country or travel a lot abroad. Last Christmas, my DH got me a lovely slipcased edition of The Lord of the Rings that I'd wanted forever. I could never break down and buy it, 'cause it was pricey. On a whim, I checked Chapters' site -- it's a big Canadian bookstore chain -- and, with shipping, it was still almost $20 US less than we could have gotten it from Amazon or Barnes & Noble. When we bought our wedding rings, we got 2 gold rings (a knotwork band and a claddagh) and a sterling Celtic cross pendant for each of my 3 dds for less than DH's ring alone was going to be down here. And there were a whole lot more Celtic rings to choose from in CA, too. We figure everybody wins: we get great deals; the Canadian store makes a sale it wouldn't otherwise; and, in the case of the book, the American publisher got a profit. But, until I moved to WA, I'd never even thought of shopping in CA. Here folks do it all the time.

And we're not just trading postcards here. We're trading info about where we live, places most of us will never get to visit in person, and how that helps make us us. The world would be a lot better off if more folks did that, I think. Most of all, we're trading friendship. And having a heck of a good time while we do it. At least, I am! Gotta love it!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Assistant Moderator

Yep exchange rates are cactus, a pain in the butt, at least now it is up to the 70cent mark at the begining of the year it was worth only 56cents US. On the other hand every postcard for me is overseas mail so even though the exchange rates are different, EVERY card I send IS $1.10 nothing less as you are ALL overseas. I'm not compaining and I don't mind.
.... I was looking forward to that gumball!!

I'd like to thank Honeybee/Sally for her postcard I rec'd today, thank you very much.

Closed Thread