Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap Send and receive postcards from all over the world!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:01 PM

LovedMom tried to answer you PM but your box is full& it wouldn't go. If you don't have too many in your inbox, clean out the sent folder too... that is part of the space you use in your inbox.

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. I'm falling asleep sitting here trying to type & can's spell worth a darn.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nancy, you should have received 2 postcards--one with houses and a different NJ one, can't remember right now which one.....I mailed them together....

I am such a sucker for old houses, always have been! As a kid we had to drive through this one town in New York State (near the NJ border) where there were tons of big old houses with wraparound porches, and I used to just sit there in the car and pick which one I wanted. Things haven't changed!

I think DH knows that in my heart I really need to get out of this 1962 split level and into the house of my dreams....
Old 09-17-2004, 05:06 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, Barbszy, you and I have that in common. I did the same thing as a kid. Used to drive my daddy crazy! Since we traveled so much when he was in the military, while we were in Massachusetts, you can just imagine what THAT period was like!!

Hubby humors me all the time when we go traveling. Even while he' driving the truck and I'm not with him, if he has his camera, he'll get me a pic, but if not, he'll call and describe the houses he sees, if he happens to be in an area where there are some.

Don't worry about me only getting one, that happens here all the time!!! I know, it makes no sense to me either, but that's just the postal system!

Nancy
Old 09-17-2004, 07:02 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all again!

Postcards going out today to:

Debknechtel
Ethansamuel
Bar_Bar
Barbszy
Roisindubh
Troubles
CraftyLdy
Raggd3
LovedMom

Minny, I have your card...just got to get envelope big enough to put it in. I will get it out to you hopefully tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hi

i sent mail out today to many of u let me know who gets a pc !!! god bless !
Old 09-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lovedmom,

I recieved your postcard today. They are Gardenias right. Just beautiful and yes I wish i could smell them. Thanks.

I am putting all my cards in a photo album so I can enjoy them and so can everyone else. Jackie
Old 09-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cool! The postcard jackpot continues!

Today I received cards from elrey and Lovedmom. My "Brady Bunch" childhood helped me to identify the king on the front of the Hawaii card without turning it over . Elrey, my 12 year old DS was fascinated with the Javelina card. We have never seen any animal like that.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 02:10 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all!

Boy I hit the jackpot today!!!

I received postcards from:

Elrey
Minny
Ethansamuel

They were all so beautiful. The scenery was gorgeous...the town laying out in front of me made me think I was there and Elrey...I would certainly consider your hotel a landmark!!!!

To top it all off, my SS sent me a gorgeous postcard, too!! How cool was that!

Elrey, your card will go out Monday. I have to go and find other types of pc's. Surely there are more in this town!!!

Thank you one and all!

Kellydid
Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

It's a postie-licious day!

I got 3 posties today. Minny, the cardinal card's lovely. Our state bird's the goldfinch, btw. And it has dogwoods on it, too! I miss dogwoods; you see 'em everywhere in TN, even growing wild in the woods, but I don't think I've seen a one up here. Debbie, of course I had to show your postie with the cool nautical mural to the ship-loving DH. I got a pc from my SS in NY state, too, so, in case she's in the pc exchange, I'll thank her here as well as in the SS Meeting Room. NY, huh? But she specifically said she wasn't in the City, so that rules out you, Nancy (unless you are very, very sneaky. LOL)
Old 09-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just wanted to post here to make sure I dont get lost like I did with the Whats for Dinner thread. Jackie

Closed Thread