FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Postcard Swap For Kids (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/postcard-swap-kids/)
-   -   Kids' Postcard Exchange~~Would you like to see it return to FC? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/postcard-swap-kids/19127-kids-postcard-exchange-would-you-like-see-return-fc.html)

ajrsmom 02-10-2007 06:21 PM

Kids' Postcard Exchange~~Would you like to see it return to FC?

:mail: We have a great club here for the children of our FC members to get to know each other!

Please take our poll to let us know if you would like to see the Kids' Postcard exchange return for another round of fun.

Before you vote, please take a minute to read over the rules of the club: http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...d.php3?t=12023

If you are voting for the club to return, please post to let us know if you have boys or girls and their ages.

This poll will run for a week and then we will take a look at the results.

Thanks for your help!
Tami

MomOfThreeGirls 02-11-2007 04:42 AM

I have 3 girls, ages 5, 7 and 17 who can participate.

Shelley Kunkel 02-11-2007 05:28 AM

I have...
an 11 yo son,
8 yo daughter,
& 3 yo daughter.

All of which will exchange with anyone. It doesn't have to be boys exchange with boys only & girls exchange with girls only.

Kelly on the Georgia III thread mentioned her son being interested in the kids pc exchange as well.

You can look at our postcards from the link below in my signature.

Have a great day.
Shelley

barbszy 02-12-2007 03:11 AM

I have a boy turning 5 in a couple of weeks who would be interested. I'll have to do the writing and reading for him but he will be happy to put stickers on the cards and help mail. As Shelley said, it does not have to be a same-gender match.

bar_bar 02-12-2007 07:47 PM

The only problem I had with the club as my 2 gd's love getting pcs was the fact of this one rule
Quote:

We greatly encourage other interactions through emails, letters, Instant Messaging or phone calls, however, these transactions must take place privately off of the FamilyCorner message boards
for when it comes to little ones trying to write notes on the computer with one another is hard to do. In fact one person and I tried but it didn't work out.
Can you take that rule out?

Barbz, it so hard to believe that Little Luke will be turning 5 although I know he is for Johnathan will be turning 5 in June.. wow, these kids has grown.

Also the one pc per week may be to hard on some of us.. I'm not sure how others feels about that one.

I will talk with them to see if they would be interest but I feel they would be.
As another lady and I've are exchanging Val cards btw the kids...

Panj 02-12-2007 07:58 PM

Hi I have a 13, 11, and 7 yo daugters, and a 9 yo son.
I agree that the 1 per week may be a little bit; for me especially with 4! LOL
That is a total of 4 cards per month (per child)?
I do not mind the letter writing, they may get a new pen pal! But some of the younger ones may have difficulty, I can see that.

barbszy 02-13-2007 06:55 AM

Just putting this idea out there...because it seems others are thinking along the same lines I am.

Our regular Postcard Exchange seems to work quite well set up with private swapping. Perhaps instead of doing all this assigning of names, etc. we could just do private swapping for our kids. The parents would be the ones making the arrangement. For example, if I arranged a swap with my Luke and Bar-bar's granddaughter, we would exchange addresses through PMs. We could post here that the card was sent, and when the other person receives it they could also post here. And that would be that...future exchanges would be based on a separate arrangement. This is how we do it in the other Postcard Exchange. It might take the pressure off, and if a child loses interest it's easy enough to just complete that last swap and then be done with it.

What do you all think?

ajrsmom 02-13-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbszy
Just putting this idea out there...because it seems others are thinking along the same lines I am.

Our regular Postcard Exchange seems to work quite well set up with private swapping. Perhaps instead of doing all this assigning of names, etc. we could just do private swapping for our kids. The parents would be the ones making the arrangement. For example, if I arranged a swap with my Luke and Bar-bar's granddaughter, we would exchange addresses through PMs. We could post here that the card was sent, and when the other person receives it they could also post here. And that would be that...future exchanges would be based on a separate arrangement. This is how we do it in the other Postcard Exchange. It might take the pressure off, and if a child loses interest it's easy enough to just complete that last swap and then be done with it.

What do you all think?

This sounds like a good idea..but....the only thing I worry about is what if one family has four kids and another family with only one child contact only one of the children in the 4-kid family? If the other 3 kids aren't contacted to exchange with kids, are their feeling going to be hurt?

If this is confusing.... I will try to give an example:

If I sign up both of my kids--ages 3 and 9--

If someone contacts me to exchange with my 3 yrs old BUT no one contacts my 9 yrs old, I can see his feelings getting hurt.

I would like to hear more opinions on this.

I am open to different ideas to get this club going again! :)

bar_bar 02-14-2007 03:30 PM

I don't have a problem with the pairing of names. but trying to get my gd's on to write emails or letters is another story.
Maybe we can pair kids up, as close to age as possible but the younger kids don't have to email letters back and forth.
Then once we are paired up then we make the exchange on how many we would like to set up.

Example
Barbz and my gs or gd may be pair up, then Barbz and I will email one another to set up how many cards we would like to sent out.
With us it may be 3 cards

but then someone else child and one of my gd's may exchange and we need it to only be 1 card.

As long as it the same amount of cards and we both are happy it could work out maybe.

This way we are pairing up yet we are working n the exchange btw the two FC members.

Another way could be,
Doing Round robins and then everyone can take part no matter how many kids we have and they are receiving pc's.???

The RR could be holidays themes, and other kinds of thems.. such as animals, amke your own pc, vehicals, etc..
this would help those that has more than 1 kid involved without costing more money to send out.

barbszy 02-14-2007 03:46 PM

Hmmm, the Kids Round Robin is an interesting idea, Barb! :)