Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap For Kids Kids can swap mail each other postcards, a great penpal club overseen by parents.

View Poll Results: Is There an Interest in Starting The Kids' Postcard Club Exchange Again?
Yes, My kid(s) would love to participate! 7 70.00%
No, This doesnt appeal to my kid(s) at this time 1 10.00%
Maybe, There could be some changes though ( please post your thoughts) 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes, Tami, I can see that side too. Hadn't thought about that part of it.
Barb, looks like you'll be going down the "permission slip route."
Old 07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just wondering.....Are we suppose to be signing up for this yet? Is it going to start in August?

Hugs,
Kelly
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
This poll ends tonight. We didnt get nearly the response that I was hoping for though.

I will have to talk to Robin but the way things are looking now, it probably wont start back up until Sept.

We will announce the start up here in this forum and then in the FC newsletters too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

How would this sound using the kids, initial of thier first and last name, or thier first name and last initial...something along that line

Barbz, thanks for doing that pc for Chynna, but that not necessary dear. but thank you.

Yes, I'm going to met the Parents on one night... the 12th I think it is and I will have slips of paper telling about this, if the parents will sign it and send it back I will then include the child in this.

Or either I will ask the parents about it, see how they feel.. as if they are not comfortable in this but wouldn't mind the kids doing it, then we will do it btw the kids at school. I'm just hoping that I will get some interest from parents that won't mind thier kids getting something from another state or place.
who knows. I'll give it a shot and go from there.

Time will tell... that is why I need to wait till Sept to get involved... with the kids at school and to see if I have anyone that will take part.
of course Chynna will,

I wish Hanna would be old enough but age she is, but not mental she isn't... of course maybe with her, we could just pick out pc's for her to send.. got to think about that one..

For isn't the age limit on this Pk or is it Kingergarten?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The age limit is 5 yrs old. The adult overseeing it can always help the kids with their writings.

Using a first name or shortened name ( ex: my son's name is Andrew J. but he goes by AJ sometimes) would be fine. Especially since we can address it like barbszy mentioned:

AJ
c/o Bar_bar
000 Any St.
Any City, State 00000

As long as you have a way to tell the difference if you have 2 kids of the same name, you really dont need to use their last name.

If the parents have some concerns, they can always log onto FC and check us out. They can contact me or Amanda too if they have any questions.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Assistant Moderator

I have only just found this thread this morning, saturday, am I too late to sign up my son? I haven't filled th poll out yet just in case, I can always wait until next time.
I do have a question though, it takes 2 weeks for mail to reach Australia from the US so is there anyway without sounding rude to make sure the partner for my son doesn't leave mailing until the last minute?
When the new rules are defined and posted here I will double check to make sure that the amount of post cards (2 sounds great) is doable.
Am I right is saying that you get a new partner each month?
I know some of my questions may be obvious ones but I'm a stickler for double checking, a horrible foible of mine LOL

Old 07-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Bilby!!

I dont think that we are going to start the club back up until Sept.

We will be posting a thread where you can sign up at a little later date.

I think that the 2 postcards and 4 emails will stand.

I think that its a good idea to post in the rules for those who have a pal that doesnt live in the US, to please send the postcards out really early so that the kids can enjoy them within the month.

I have to talk to Robin but I think we are leaving it at a one month exchange --unless she has other ideas.

If you subscribe to the main forum, you will get a notice when we post the new sign up thread.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Assistant Moderator

Cool thanks, no problem .... will just have to go find the sub part on the main forum.
Have a great weekend.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chad would love to get back started in the PC Kids Club! He had a great time and made several good friends through it. I too think it is a great idea to send 1 ecard a week and 2 postcards a month- this way the kids have time to answer the questions they have about one another ! We will be looking forward to hearing about it

Unknown
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom
I dont think that we are going to start the club back up until Sept.

We will be posting a thread where you can sign up at a little later date.

I think that the 2 postcards and 4 emails will stand.

I think that its a good idea to post in the rules for those who have a pal that doesnt live in the US, to please send the postcards out really early so that the kids can enjoy them within the month.

I have to talk to Robin but I think we are leaving it at a one month exchange --unless she has other ideas.

If you subscribe to the main forum, you will get a notice when we post the new sign up thread.
I agree with Tami that it will be 2 postcards and 4 emails. I believe that the first postcard should be sent out the first week if at all possible for everyone. We will leave it as a one month exchange with the knowledge that some months you may have the same partner simply due to number of children involved and ages. We will still keep the age range unless the parents agree to the partner.

I know I am glad that any questions are asked as they help make the club better and let everyone know how it works!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~