Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Postcard Swap For Kids Kids can swap mail each other postcards, a great penpal club overseen by parents.

View Poll Results: Is There an Interest in Starting The Kids' Postcard Club Exchange Again?
Yes, My kid(s) would love to participate! 7 70.00%
No, This doesnt appeal to my kid(s) at this time 1 10.00%
Maybe, There could be some changes though ( please post your thoughts) 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2girls
RULES AND GUIDELINES

You must be a registered member of FamilyCorner.com with 75 posts to enable your child to participate in the swap.

Is this rule gonna stay the same? My DD would love to get in on this. I've been around here for a few months but I'm mostly a lurker. Dont really post much.
As far as I know this rule will stay the same. It is a requirement as we want to make sure the member is going to be here and an active member. We are exchanging children's name, addresses and information and want it to be secure and get to know the person sending it.

I was a lurker too when I first joined. It is easy to get the posts up by visiting friendship flower, games etc.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question

If this rule remains, it would take quite a while for my 10 (almost 11) year old daughter to participate... but she'd love to do it!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Any idea when this will get started?

If we are what we eat, then Im fast, easy and cheap.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieb4
If this rule remains, it would take quite a while for my 10 (almost 11) year old daughter to participate... but she'd love to do it!
go to games, it doesn't take long to get your 75 posts up there...

I'm not sure if we will take part in this or not, since my oldest one doesn't live with us any more, and with me going back to work, not sure how often I will see her for what time frame.

My dg told me that she would help her to do them, but well, those that knows my dg knows I can't count on that.

with it being send out weekly I just don't want to take the risk that someone doesn't get cards from her.

if things were different I would want her to be in it, as she loved doing this and so look forward to getting mail. She felt like a big girl...

Hey, lets me ask this, if any of my afterschool kids wants to take part in this, could I set them up a little mail box in the school room, and be the go btw and get them involved in this... cards would come to me, and I would send out thier cards. that way I know that it safe with the address.

if that could take place then let me know and I can let you know when we could start this as school doesn't start until Aug.... so it would be like for the Sept one....

To all that is new to this, it lots of fun for the kids... Just make sure that your child sends out per week, and not all at one time. As that happen once with the one we had, and it wasn't as much fun.

Enjoy yourself with your child doing this...
Old 07-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
We are hoping to start this again in August. If not then, if there are enought participants, it will be Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2girls
Any idea when this will get started?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar_bar
Hey, lets me ask this, if any of my afterschool kids wants to take part in this, could I set them up a little mail box in the school room, and be the go btw and get them involved in this... cards would come to me, and I would send out thier cards. that way I know that it safe with the address.

Sure, they can participate as long as you have their parents permission. We have to make sure that they know their kids' names and info would be posted on here.

As long as each child took a seperate name and fulfilled the requirements, it shouldnt be any problem.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Answering the questions as to why we are asking for everyone to have 75 posts...

Family Corner is a family oriented website. We try our best to make sure that everyone who participates in our clubs are here for the right reasons. By asking for 75 posts, you will participate by posting in different threads and we will get to know you better and at the same time you will get to know us better too. This way, we are not sending out personal information about our kids to just anyone.

Granted, nothing is perfect but it does help to get to know everyone a little better.

I think that most of us have started out here as lurkers but believe me, once you start posting in different areas and talking to people, you will become hooked in no time!!

I think that there are some of the greatest women ( and a couple of men ) in the world here on this message board!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-25-2005, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Just wanted to add that the signups are "rolling" and new assignments are made each month, so if you don't have your 75 in time for the next month's signup, you probably will be the following month, and you can sign up then!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

With my kids in the after school program, I will be the one that everyone will send to, and that way it just my address given out, if that is alright?

The School director said that would be alright if they wanted to do it, but making sure that is alright with you guys...

Sept will be a better time for me to start.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbszy
Just wanted to add that the signups are "rolling" and new assignments are made each month, so if you don't have your 75 in time for the next month's signup, you probably will be the following month, and you can sign up then!
Thanks for covering that point too Barbszy!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus