Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Clubs > Postcard & Greeting Card Exchanges > Postcard Swap For Kids

Postcard Swap For Kids Kids can swap mail each other postcards, a great penpal club overseen by parents.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Gena

jnlowe...you might want to read back thru the posts...this is a "postcard swap"for kids....postcards, stamps...snail mail ? The kids wont be posting on the forums.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky OOPS!

As the kids say nowadays -- "MY BAD!"

Thanks for straightening me out -- I need that sometimes....

Old 08-09-2004, 12:33 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: mom2-4

Quote:
Originally posted by mowire
I forgot to say you have all "K" names I have all "J" names!!!!!
neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a friend in NJ!!!!
That is cool, my sister has all "J" names! I wasnt' going to go with all "K" names it just started out that way so we ended it that way!

We have six people in our family and we only have the initials J, K, L and M in our family!!

This looks like it will be a realy "hit".

And, Goria, I think the plan is to sign up kids with like ages, the only thing is we don't seem to be getting very many teens right now!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Great for kids!

My grandchildren would love to exchange postcards! Where do I sign them up?? The ages are 6, 7, 8, 10, 10, 11, 12. I have others that might like to sign up too.
Would be nice to exchange for 3 months or longer and if the assigned penpal doesn't write to be able to get a new one. Those that want to keep the one they have should be able to, and those that want to switch could. Would this be a once a week or twice a month mailing? It will be lots of fun for them and us!

Vivian
Old 08-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Add one more boy!

My son is 10 and would be tickled to participate. Whatever you decide will be fine, but I think that maybe one ecard/email letter per week and two snailmails, one every 2 weeks would be nice...But just a suggestion, anything is great for him!(that is if it is set for one month, that way they can become closer to each other)

Unknown
Old 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi gang....
this is the first I have been in this thread. OOPS... Angel posted today. Sorry! He is so excited and already exchanges with some of the ladies so he jumped ahead on my name.
My guys are in! LOL Maggy my 15 year old is the only one who does not exchange...but

Dayne (boy-15), Delia (girl-12) and Angel (boy-10) are all for it !

Keep us posted and BTW thanks!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 08-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That's okay Morelia93, this was the one I was directing you to in your pm in case you were wondering.

As both Amanda (Family Corner) and Ajrsmom said this is being organized. Right now is the interest stage. FC is trying to gage the interest and get ideas on how each of us would like to see it played out. A decision will be made and posted and names assigned. Sex and age will be considered as we know for the most part the kids will want someone their age and hopefully intersts.

So keep signing up your children or granchildren and posting your suggestions.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

mowire - I am sure that homemade cards would be acceptable. I know I have seen some real nice postcards and they have been just a picture of the area and either written as is on the back or glued to a paper and written on.

Vrsherren - could you please indicate by the ages if your grandchildren are male or female. Thanks!

For those interested currently (without Versherren) we have:

AGE FEMALE MALE
3 0 2
4 1 1
5 1 1
6 1 2
7 2 3
8 3 1
9 1 1
10 2 3
11 1 1
12 2 1
13 0 0
14 1 0
15 0 2
16 1 0

okay, it did not like my columns so I put then in colors, of course, pink for girls and blue for boys!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~

Last edited by redcardinalbird; 08-10-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:59 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Redcardinalbird, I must have missed two somewhere as I have a count of 32 not 34. Unless I forgot to mark my two younger kids on my list.

Morelia, have Maggie sign up, at least to try it, she would most likely end up being matched with my DD, who just turned 16. Okay, so the postcards would not be from a different area, but at least maybe it would give them a penpal. Than if no other teen girls their age sign up they could maybe just request to keep each other.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:17 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just so you guys know, I was out for a few days, so I haven't had a chance to read through this thread and see where we are. Tami and I will be touching base today so we can come up with a game plan

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda