Rainbow Bridge

• Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • That is really beautiful, Shawn. We had a 5 month old Siberian Husky that was hit by a car. Her passing really took a toll on me. We didn't find her until 2 days after she was hit. I felt like it was my fault because I was the one who let her out to play. I had left and my husband and friend were there with her. He forgot and made a quick run to the store- to find her gone when he returned. My son happened to over hear a conversation on the school bus the next day about how his Uncle ran over a dog, by the church... So we searched every ditch on their road, as the church was only 1/2 mile from us.We found her but not that day, the day after... Thank Goodness it was while my son was at school. My daughter, her boyfriend and I had a nice burial for her, in our backyard. She looked so perfect when found. She had been hit in her pelvis near her back right leg. I know our little baby "Sable" is romping up abpve and having a good time. The reading you posted really helps me look at it in a more positive way.

Sable
  • Rainbow Bridge
    My little Angel Baby I know you are at peace now and your not hurting any more. I'll never foreget the why your little ears would flop when you ran. You had the shortest little legs you were so cute.I loved your black and white fur when I'd give you bath you looked so funny you would put your little head on the floor and slide on the rug it was so funny. It made my day when I'd come home and you would meet me at the door and paw at my leg to take you. You were the best thing that happen to me . Angel Baby you were that my Baby I loved you so much the 5yrs I had with you filled my heart . When you got sick I hurt for you I tryed my best to get you going but your little heart was not working for you. June 17 2005 will be the day I'll never forget it's the day I had to let you go . Angel Baby it hurt me so bad I miss you more then anyone will ever know. It's not the same now your not here and it is lonely here . But my sweet little Angel Baby I have the memorys of you and the silly things you did. Best of all I have the time before you were put to sleep. your little sad eyes I told you over and over that I loved you so much. And I'd never forget you Angel Baby that I'll never do I'll alwas remember and love you with all my heart . Angel Baby you play with your little friends in Rainbow Bridge and I'll watch for your little star . Bye Angel Baby I'll alwas love you with all my heart and sole I'll never ever forget are time together you'll alwas be in my heart.
    Love You moma
  • Kiki's Mr Jiggs My Pug (May 1st, 1991 - June 12th, 2005)
    This little pudgy pup came into my life shortly after my beloved Princess Kiki died and wormed his way into my heart. His smashed nose and bug eyes stood out; but his most striking feature was his coat. I had never heard of or seen a brindle Pug. But there he was, in all his silver and black striped glory. He grew, his tail curled, and he was just like his namesake: he loved corned beef and cabbage and was always in trouble. Leaving pig ears and hooves glued to the carpet. Leaving bits of woolly material around from shaking the stuffing out of his chewman.
    He loved to make pug nests in the middle of the bed out of everything on it. He would but you in the behind, the belly button, and under the arm while your half asleep then just ram it in and issue a muffled "WooWooWoo!" before running. He would lay on your head as much as your pillow if he wasn't laying anywhere else on you. He would stare a hole through Pooky when he courted me and would watch over Munchee after we brought him home.
    The years took their toll and he developed several health problems but he still was a good companion. One day I came home and I found him in siezure. No medicine was found to bring them under control. Sunday morning we sent him to God.

Memorials:
    Curly (20 years) ~ Baron Sampson Von Hobbe - Boxer (1950 - 1964 ) ~ Cocoa - Dauchshund (1964 - 1977) ~ Princess Kiki - Norwegian Elkhound/ Keeshund (9/7/1980 - 25/5/1991)
  • I lost both of my girls just 5 days apart. My Shadow I lost on Aug 2,2004 she was a beautiful tri collie that always had so much love to share and my Pookah on aug 7,2004 she was my white german shepard and my sole mate. Where ever I went these two went with me. Shadow was 12 and Pookah was 13 and I know that both of them are waiting for me. They are not far from me now there burried in there favorite spot in our yard. It's been going on three years and I still miss both of them. I have 6 other kido's now and I love them just as much as I did Shadow and Pookah.