Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 03-02-2003, 08:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle A Really Weird Dog Story

THIS IS REALLY A WEIRD STORY? TODAY ME AND MY DD WENT OUT. MY DH WAS AT HOME WITH OUR DOG PRINCESS. SHE IS REALLY SPOILED AND A VERY GOOD DOG SHE IS A MIXED LAB, SHEPARD & HUSKIE. WHEN WE GO OUT SHE SULKS UNTIL WE COME HOME. WELL MY DH WAS STARTING DINNER FOR US AND WE WERE HAVING LEG OF LAMB WHICH IS THE FIRST TIME I EVERCOOKED THIS. SO A LITTLE WHILE AFTER MY DH PUT THE LAMB IN THE OVEN AND IT STARTED TO SMELL GOOD OF COURSE. MY DOG WENT UP STAIRS ALL ALONE SHE NEVER DOES THAT WITHOUT ONE OF US. SO HE TOLD ME THAT SHE HASN'T BEEN DOWN SINCE THEN WHICH WAS A FEW HRS BY THE TIME WE GOT HOME. WHEN WE GOT HOME HE TOLD US WHAT HAPPENED SO WE STARTED CALLING HER BUT SHE WOULDN'T COME DOWN. FINALLY AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES SHE CAME DOWN WITH HER TAIL BETWEEN HER LEGS. AT FIRST WE THOUGHT SHE HAD AN ACCIDENT SOME WHERE IN THE HOUSE. WE WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE HOUSE AND FOUND NOTHING. WHEN WE CAME BACK DOWN SHE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO COME DOWN AGAIN THEN SHE FOWWLOED US ALL DOWN THE STAIRS. SHE WOULDN'T GO IN THE KITCHEN SHE WAS STILL ACTING WEIRD NOW SHE WAS SHAKING LIKE A LEAF. SO WE WERE ALL HUGGING HER AND STILL SHE WOULDN'T STOP. SO I WALKED INTO THE KITCHEN AND SHE WOULDN'T COME IN THERE NOW SHE KEPT SMELLING THE AIR SO I FINALLY GOT HER TO GO OUT AND THEN COME BACK IN THE HOUSE. THIS WENT ON FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OF HER WALKING AROUND WITH HER TAIL BETWEEN HER LEGS AND SHAKING. WE THINK THAT SHE DIDN' T LIKE THE SMELL OF THE LAMB. SO WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR DINNER SHE WOULDN'T GO NEAR THE OVEN. BUT MY HUSBAND THREW HER A PIECE OF LAMB AND SHE ATE IT. THEN I PUT SOME IN HER BOWL AND MIXED IT WITH HER FOOD AND SOME CHICKEN SHE JUST STOOD LOOKING AT ME LIKE AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT THIS. THEN I TOLD HER TO GO EAT AND SHE DID. BUT ALL NIGHT SHE IS STILL ACTING WEIRD AND WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS I HAD TO KEEP CALLING HER FOR 5 MINUTES TO COME DOWN STAIRS TO GO OUT FOR THE LAST TIME TONIGHT. SHE ACTUALLY STAYED AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS CRYING FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES AND THEN CAME DOWN IT WAS JUST REALLY STRANGE. I WISH I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT VIDEO IT BUT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT HER. THIS IS REALLY A FUNNY STORY I SAID TO MY DH MABYE SHE THINKS WE WILL COOK HER NEXT. LOL I REALLY WISH I NEW WHAT SHE WAS REALLY THINKING IT WAS JUST VERY STRANGE SO I HAD TO SHARE IT.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:54 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Please don't take offense, but CAPS are a no-no. They say it's like yelling. Personally, I don't think so, it just too hard to read.

When I see a post in all caps, I just don't read it.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Millie, funny story---but....I sincerely do NOT want to worry you but please watch your dog. I hope she's "normal" today. Our dog did tis once. I came home from work, no one was home and she normally would have charged the door for me with total excitement and pleasure to see family. (She was a spaniel and loved her family). Anyway this particular day she didn't come running so I started calling her thinking she had some how gotten out of the house. She finally came downstairs from one of the bedrooms looking all guilty, with her tail between her legs. I welcomed her and sort of scolded her for scaring me, checked the house and all was fine. I really thought she had done a no-no in the house. It was just a few short weeks later that she died. We know she was in kidney failure at that time but we never did find out what brought it on. She was still her happy self most of the time but couldn't poop. She went downhill really fast from there. This has been over 8 years ago and we still miss her. She was our baby!

Again I don't want to scare you but do keep an eye on her. If she appears normal today then it was probably just some funny doggie quirk. Let us know please. ok?
Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-03-2003, 04:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
looking all guilty, with her tail between her legs.
Actually since she was a spaniel it was more like her stub between her legs. Man could she get that thing going too! We always said if she'd had a tail she could have been dangerous.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-03-2003, 04:41 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

My dog Lucy is a mix, they say Shepard, Husky & Lab too. I see the Shepard in her; the markings. Her tail is very kinky and thick, so I think Husky, Lab? Don't see it. DS says Rotweiller? LOL

I'd be curious to see a picture of you dog Princess if you can scan one in.

I'll have DS take a pic of Lucy and scan it in later.

Here's my funny story....

Our neighbor's dog got hit by the mailman back in Jan. She said she's going to get another dog.

Well one day, I went out to get he mail and didn't let my dog out. DH was home and I thought he let her out. She likes to go next door, since she misses Buddy dog. I looked and said "Lucy" and it wasn't her!

They got a new dog. I looks just like my dog. But the hair is a little longer. But the face markings are almost exact. I was talking to my neighbor after the dog "Shadow" got loose and came over to visit me. She said it's a male (Lucy had 3 brothers). They were going to put the dog down, so she rescued him. He has a stub for a tail. He constantly jumps! Maybe that's why they were going to put him down - no manners!

It's funny, Lucy doesn't care too much for Shadow, DH said probably because he looks like her and she's scared. Oh well!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Take to vet.

I would probably take her to the vet if I were you. Just to check her out. Make sure nothing is wrong. How old is she? That is strange how she is acting. Dogs let you know things aren't right by using body language and such to tell you. I think there may be something wrong with her. She is definately trying to tell you something is bothering you. I'm not a vet or anything but that's just my opinion.

Stacy Bates
Vet assistant in training
Flint River Ranch premium dog and cat food distributor
Old 03-03-2003, 09:51 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

babes...

here is my Lucy, does your dog look anything like this???
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

A really weird dog story

Hi ladies, Sorry about the caps sometimes I don't realize I am doing that. First off I don't have a scanner so I can't send a picture sorry caronamy. Your dog is very cute i wish I did have a scanner. Princess is all black except her stomach and her toes have white on them. Her ears stand up like a shepard but she looks just like a skinny lab her tail is fluffy though that's were the husky comes in. She is much better today she is still a little weird in the kitchen but she is back to her happy self. She is going to be 2 in april. she is just great and I don't think it is anything major she just didn't like the odor from the lamb. Have a nice day ladies.

Millie