Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

View Poll Results: What's your favorite country kitten name?
Holly Hobby 45 28.48%
Patches 51 32.28%
Buttons 35 22.15%
Sage 13 8.23%
Emily/Emma 12 7.59%
Scraps 16 10.13%
Ginger 23 14.56%
Potpourri 8 5.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:23 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Help name my kittens!

In mid December my brother's cat had kittens and I claimed two of them for my new store :-) They will be my mascots. I need to name them, they are both girls. I want to stick with the theme of my store, so I was thinking maybe Raggedy Ann for one of them, but can't come up with anything for the other. I am getting the solid black and one of the calicos.

So I've decided to make this into a fun contest! In the poll, you will see several suggested names. Pick the one(s) that you like best, then, if you would like to be entered to win the Cat's Rule, Dogs Drool vase enter a comment after posting your poll answer. If you don't post a comment, you won't be entered! You may choose more than one name if you just can't decide!

Contest is open to US and Canadian residents. International residents may enter, but will be subject to shipping charges. Contest ends March 15, 2003 at midnight PST.

Thanks!
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 02-15-2003, 02:34 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Here's the photo of the contest prize!
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 02-15-2003, 03:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Cats

Such cute little kittens! I think Buttons will be an appropriate name!

Last edited by Arkansasrose58; 02-16-2003 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I think Patches should be it's name. I love kiteens and cats. I have one who shares my name...sassy.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

kitten names

Holly Hobby goes well with Raggedy Ann and both have more than one nick name that will work. Ann and Holly or maybe Hobbs and Ragg, or obby and gedy. Regardless of the names they are soooo cute and cuddly.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kittens are always so cute. That is why I picked Buttons. I thought of the saying...cute as a button.

Good Luck choosing a name.

Debbie/OH
Old 02-15-2003, 03:45 PM

Naming your kittens

Hi, since both of your kittens are girls....why not name them Buttons & Bows. Patches is ok for the calico, but I like Buttons & Bows better. I think it kind of ties in with your crafts, since you probably use both when making some of your crafts.

Minny/ OH

Last edited by Minny; 02-15-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Friend of the Family

Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Those babies are so cute!! If you're like me, you'd like to keep all of them! Thanks for such a cute contest!
Old 02-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Such adorable kittens. I liked the names buttons and Ginger. And then I saw the post for buttons and bows and thought that was prett origional. I have a cat that looks very much like the one in the back, we call her shaggy. Not a very country name. "( I am sure you will pick the best name for your kittens. I am voting for buttons and bows at this point.
Felicia
Good Luck~
Old 02-15-2003, 04:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Amanda, I wasn't going to post anything until I saw the pictures of the kittens. When I was a child one of our cats had kittens. The solid black one looks just like ours, and her name was Buttons! (unfortunatly Buttons passed away, my sister, brother and myself buried her in our backyard). We also had another from that litter that we named Boots. I've alway's tried to be unique when it came to naming our animals, but it also had to "fit" them. Our cats names are Nikea & Nitro. Best Of Luck! Debbie