Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

View Poll Results: What's your favorite country kitten name?
Holly Hobby 45 28.48%
Patches 51 32.28%
Buttons 35 22.15%
Sage 13 8.23%
Emily/Emma 12 7.59%
Scraps 16 10.13%
Ginger 23 14.56%
Potpourri 8 5.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What great kitties! I wish I could have them. They are lucky and so are you!
Anyway, I voted for Holly Hobby (great for a craft store!) and Potpourri. You could call them Holly and Pourri ("purr-y" as in how sweetly they purr).
They are adorable- good luck! >^..^<
Old 02-16-2003, 12:32 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kitties

Oh Amanda...

She is definitely a *Sage*. Love them...Wish I could get one... Thanks for posting and I sure love your new store. I have an order ready to go ..only wish I could come to the store in person.

Congrats and Best Wishes...

Carolyn
Old 02-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

It's gotta be Holly Hobbie

The name goes so well with raggety ann. Kittens are so much fun. our Meggie has 2-we named them petey and pokey.

Amber
Old 02-16-2003, 05:24 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Amanda, How cute are they!!! I never was a cat (kitten) lover, until my daughter brought home a black kitten. She named him "Blackie'. As the years passed, and Blackie grew, I still didn't think of myself to be a cat lover. Then came the day that Blackie didn't return home. Who was the one that missed him the most....who was the one looking out the window, and opening doors, calling his name???? Yep, me! I really missed him. Well, two weeks went by, and that one bright sunny day came.....I thought I heard some 'meows', ...... I went to open the front door....and there he was! Needless to say, during my holding and petting him, I also said......Never will you leave the house again!! And so it went, Blackie was an inside cat!

~ I love the name "Buttons" (and Bows). My daughter also had another kitten with that name.

I have my two girls ~ ~ adopted from the Michigan Humane Society. They are both Calico's, but are different kinds. One, Precious, is a long haired calico, while Trouble is a medium short haired, tiger, calico. I love them dearly.

I wish you luck with your naming.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I forgot to tell you about my 4....
Earl....a black male
Bubba....black and white female
Fudgey....brown, orange, tan and white female
Kitkat....white and brown and black...I think called a tabby

I got them all from shelter except Fudgey, she was a pet store cat but a breeder reject...think her mommy did a bad thing and got with the wrong Tom....she is unusual in her color and bosy shape, may have been some breed...almost, she is very vocal and very smart.
My Earl got lost at camp once....he came back the next week. I was so glad...I do not think I could stand to lose any of them....When fudgey was ill this past summer I was torn apart as to what to do....we did the most I could afford, we fed her by syringe and she "lived" in my closet, she was so sad, finally got better. What an ordeal, I haven't cried so much in years.

They take a hold of your heart and never let go.
I will stick with my first pick scraps....good luck with the kitties.
Ruth

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
Old 02-17-2003, 03:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing My Vote

MY vote goes with buttons and bows.

Precious, Precious, Kitties!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

You you mentioned Raggady Ann my first thought was Holly Hobby. Then when you said one was calico then I knew Holly Hobby was the name. So that is my vote Holly Hobby
Old 02-17-2003, 05:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Love My Cats

The kittens are adorable. I wish I would have thought of the names Patches and Ginger when I got mine. So I'll have to stick with those names. Glenda
Old 02-17-2003, 07:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Beautiful Precious Kittens

CONGRATULATIONS to you for your new store and those two PRECIOUS kittens. I can think of many names but I chose the following:

1. Raggedy Ann and Angey

2. Holly Hobby and Raggedy Ann

3. Raggedy Ann and Lambchop

4. Holly Hobby and Lambchop

5. I think my favorite would be Raggedy Ann and Angel

I have a little story I would like to share with you. I had a beautiful Blonde Morris the cat. Looked just like the one on TV. That cat was my baby. Where ever I took him everyone thought he was Morris. My Morris lived to be 16 and passed away. I was so up set I still did not want him to leave me. My vet set it up to have him cremated so I could have him buried with me. I never really got over the cat. One day I saw a little minuture poodle being mistreated on our street. The owner kept kicking him in the left back leg. I went through the channels and I was the new owner of this dog. His name is porkchop an appricot min. poodle about 4 years old. I took him to the vet only to find out his left rear leg was damaged where he can walk but when he goes down stairs he can not put that leg down. He has to live with it. I bred him once and got the pick of the litter which was only one female. I named her lambchop. same color and now she is 2. She is between a toy and min. I had them both fixed and they are my precious babies now. If anything happens to them they will be with Morris and come with me also.
__________________________________________________ _

This was my first time on here. I am disabled and and do alot of time on this computer. My sister told me about this site, and I found it interesting so I joined.
__________________________________________________ _

Good Luck with your new store, and I know what ever you name those precious kittens will be just fine. Thankyou, Mypoodleslady

Last edited by mypoodles441; 02-17-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

kittensw

I just love em all . but patches and scraps are my favorites. and well i think Patches and Scraps make a good pair. Great mascots for your store. Bet they have fun in the herb garden. Dont forget the catnip!