Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

View Poll Results: What's your favorite country kitten name?
Holly Hobby 45 28.48%
Patches 51 32.28%
Buttons 35 22.15%
Sage 13 8.23%
Emily/Emma 12 7.59%
Scraps 16 10.13%
Ginger 23 14.56%
Potpourri 8 5.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm a little warped!

OK, I know that this name would not even be considered...I'm a big Saturday Night Live fan...and if I ever had a cat...I'd have to name it "Toonces" after the crazy SNL cat!
mommy to India, Taylor and Trinity
Old 02-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

They are cuties--such bright little eyes! I voted for Holly Hobbie and Patches. Holly Hobbie is a double word name like Raggedy Ann, plus they are both country style scrap dolls. I voted for Patches because it seemed to fit, too. I have to admit though, the Button and Bow suggestion is adorable!!!!!! :p
Old 02-15-2003, 05:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

kittens name

I am giving some thought to getting a kitten, to keep me company. I would pick the name "ginger" for obvious reasons! these kitens are "adorable"
Old 02-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I know they are both girls so how about Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andie? I think that would be cute. I love naming cats and think this mascot idea is great.

The other names you have listed are nice too but why not use Andie as a girls name?

I have six cats and foster seven. I just love cats and love naming them as most were adopted and some didn't have names. Good luck in chosing a name! I'm sure you will find one that stands out more than the others and is suitable for those cute little kittens.

Last edited by LILA; 02-15-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like ginger! Love the kittens - so cute. I use to have a cat named patches.

Cats rule, dogs drool - cute - I loved that movie

Last edited by Caronamy; 02-16-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Your kittens are the cutest!! I like the name Buttons, because I have a cat of my own named "Button". We named him that because he was "Cute as a button" when he was litttle......and he still is a very sweet cat! Likes to cuddle unlike the other two we have!!
Good luck with them whatever you name them!!
Beeezy
Old 02-15-2003, 08:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How "ironic" that you choose the "black and the calico" kitty's as i have two "cats" (grown now) that are of the same color and both females too. I named mine "Sam" (Samantha) and "Libby" ( both after the clothes designer). Sam and Libby are now nine and ten yrs. of age and still "full" of it!! You could name yours after mine (Sam and Libby would be "privileged) although it doesn't take on your "store's theme". I've come up w/ two other names of "Raggedy" (Raggs for short) and "Calicky" (Callie for short -origin from "Calico") What do ya think????? RAGGEDY AND CALICKY!!!!!! Well , at least it rhymes!! They are soooooo cute!!! I love animals so i'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy these little "rascals". I could never have become a "Vet" or a "Vet's helper"!!!! Good luck w/ the name-choosing contest!!! It oughta be fun!!!!

Vicki
Old 02-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I voted for potpourri as it is a blend of things in your shop. However, I too like the Buttons and Bows also!
Good Luck
Old 02-16-2003, 02:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

name the kitties

What a great idea for a contest!!!
Will you also be selling the "CATS RULE" in your store? I love cats, and have had at LEAST one at any given time! Currently I have 3..Oreo, Tigger and Little Miss Peanut. Good luck with your new "babies" AND with your new store! Deb
Old 02-16-2003, 03:47 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing kitten names

Im voting for scraps (black kitty) and patches for the other little darling ;-)

Hope I did this right too, since Ive never posted on a board before :-)