Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 11-17-2002, 03:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mini Dobie

HI Everyone..Is there anybody out there that owns a MINI DOBIE? We just had one given to us, and i must say he is one great little dog, the last owners had him for 4yrs and i just can"t believe they would give him away just because they had a baby and did"nt have time for him, he"s 4yrs old and smart as a whip, i must say he fit right in our home, we never owned one of these dogs and we have had a few in our life time, we are both in our 60"s so he gets a lot of attention, just need more info on these little guys...His name is SAMMY and believe me it fits ..So if anyone has any info of any kind we would really appriciate it...Thanks Mo
Old 11-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

How fortunate you are to have been given a mini-dobie. They are so cute! I have had full size Dobie before and I loved him...now I wish I cold have another but when I see all the dogs left in the shelters, they pull at my heart strings and I adopt them! lol

My Dobie was great, gentle and was a great watchdog. I lived in the country them and every once in awhile you would get a door to door person who wanted in your house and even pull the door out of your hand...well my dog charged the door and the man quickly left! So just goes to tell you there are nuts everywhere and some people think the country is safe...

Dobies are very smart, easily trained and generally like a non-child home...they have very quick reflexs and a simple movement like swinging a bottle around could make them react. Now, with all that said...whenever I had trouble with a dog it has always been a little one that snaps at your heels...they tend to jump and nip a person on the leg, butt, so on. Just watch and see if he shows any bad behavior and correct him.

Good luck with your new pet.

janet
Old 11-26-2002, 05:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

do you mean miniature pinscher?
melissa
Old 11-28-2002, 04:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Yes i mean Miniture Doberman Pincher..They are also called min-pins, took me awhile to catch on to that one , I"am just a little slow sometimes, but getting back to the little guys "MIn-PINS" we sure do injoy him alot so glad we were lucky to have him giving to us cause no-way we would of been able to buy one i hear they are quite expensive, but everyday he does something amazing those little dogs are real characters, well got to go so hope to hear from anyone...BYE, MO
Old 11-29-2002, 08:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Congrats on getting a wonderful dog. If your dog is hyper expect it to stay that way. They are know for their energy. Also they aren't related to the doberman. Becareful how much food you give him or her because they have a obesity rate. Don't bath him to often unless he needs it becausemin pin's coat contains natural oils that give it the luster and sheen. When you bath him to often it strips away the oil. There is so much about them. I love the one we have and plan on getting other because they have so much character. I have a book on them so if you have any questions just ask and i can look it up.