Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Protect your Black Cats on Halloween

Protect Your Black Cats on Halloween

While October may be the favorite month of thousands of humans, who excitedly plan their costumes of spooks, vampires and monsters, in anticipation of Halloween, cats, particularly black cats, have little cause for celebration of this month.

Indeed, if left outdoors, these innocents are subject to meeting monsters of a different kind: sadistic humans who would love nothing better than to get their hands on a black cat for a ritualistic sacrifice. Sadly, every year at this time, we hear more and more stories about cats being victimized in such a manner. The perpetrators of these obscene crimes range from free-roaming gangs of youths, caught up in pseudo-Satanism, and eager to dabble in the occult, to serious adult practitioners of the "black arts." Regardless of the source, the pain and suffering of the victim is equally horrendous.

The threat to black cats on Halloween has become so prevalent that many shelters and humane societies refuse to allow adoption of black cats during the entire month of October. Lacking this previously easy source of victims, Satanists and other sadists look to the streets for their sacrificial cats.

Keep Them Indoors
It is best to keep all cats indoors during the month of October, regardless of their color, but especially if they happen to be black. Even though there may be no cultists in your neighborhood or community, the sheer numbers of people out and about on Halloween, along with increased vehicular traffic make the outdoors a frightening and unsafe place for small furry creatures.

In addition, on Halloween night and the weekend before, you'll be wise to keep your cats locked inside an interior room in the house, lest they panic and slip out when hobgoblins come to your door. Enjoy your holiday while saving your kitty from
unnecessary stress.

Courtesy of the Animail Newsletter.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We have always kept our black cat inside on Halloween. I've heard about these sadistic attacks and they are horrible.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 10-08-2002, 07:42 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We've always kept our kitties inside on Halloween. My mom was always worried about someone taking her cats.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My black cat Merlin has gone through enough this past 2 months. He was snake bitten, and is still recovering. He, and my other 2 cats will be inside during Halloween for sure.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Exclamation

These Sadistic Attacks.....
do not only happen at Halloween!
When we had to place some kittens that were black or mosty black.....I went through a very Long process to find good homes.
My husband said No One would pass the test! But, I have heard of to many stories and what happens to Black Cat and also White Cats! We ended up keeping a few of the kittens for this reason.
This is a Strange World that we live in!
Please Protect ALL Your animals!