Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Have you recently added a new pet to your family?

Tell us about it!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: We live in Northwest Mississippe, very close to Memphis TN.
No I have not, but I have a 14 year old doxie I have raised since she was 4 weeks old. I have told my husband that when she dies I will get another one. My husband says, if we get another dog (we have 2 other dogs, a golden retriever 10 years old and a 6 year old maltese) he will leave. I SURE AM GOING TO MISS HIM!!! HA! HA!

Having children is like being pecked to death
by a duck!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy wife in Missipp View Post
No I have not, but I have a 14 year old doxie I have raised since she was 4 weeks old. I have told my husband that when she dies I will get another one. My husband says, if we get another dog (we have 2 other dogs, a golden retriever 10 years old and a 6 year old maltese) he will leave. I SURE AM GOING TO MISS HIM!!! HA! HA!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We added a new kitten to our household last August. His name is Charlie Wilson and he is the sweetest kitten. We found him in our shed. He was so tiny! We put out bowls of food and water and watched for a couple of days yet never saw a mother cat so we ended up bringing him into the house. He has turned into the sweetest cat! He will come when you call him (something most cats refuse to do lol), he plays fetch, he hides under the bed when he gets scared or thinks he is in trouble, and he loves to play with toys. He has this small white stuffed mouse that he actually carries around the house in his mouth. If you ask him to "go find mousy" he will actually do this! We just made an appointment to go get his shots and have him neutered. My other 3 cats have adjusted to this new addition. Mostly they just look at him with amusement as they are older and seem to think he is just an annoyance. I am very glad to have found Charlie Wilson!

~Mother Theresa

Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My youngest dd recently moved back home bring her cat with her. He joins another male cat and a year old Sheltie. He is much bigger than the other cat so Punakin is a little overwhelmed by him, but Punakin bosses the dog around all the time. The dog, Blackjack just want to play all the time and could care who it is with

Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My addition to the family isn't all that recent. His name is Biggie Bunny and he is an all black lop eared rabbit. And he is HUGE! LOL He weighs 8 pounds, which the vet says is very large.

Biggie was given to the JCC (Jewish Community center) as their Pre-school Summer Camp classroom pet. After camp last year no one was taking care of him, so I brought Biggie home.

He gets along with our 6 y/o terrier/c ocker spaniel mix so well. He bosses her around, and sleeps in her bed. It's so funny to watch a dog being chased by a rabbit. They love to snuggle together too.

Right now Biggie is back at the JCC Camp for 6 weeks. We'll pick him up on weekends, and return him to his "job" Monday mornings throughout the summer. Then he'll be with us the rest of the year.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member

We just got a new kitten a few weeks ago. He was born on April 16th. His name is Duke.
I already have two older cats (Lucky 12 & Max 14) and a pekingese named Daisy. We named him Duke because it goes with Daisy (Daisy Duke, Dukes of Hazard). Duke & Daisy take turns chasing each other around the house. They get along really well. My grouchy cat, Lucky, is being very patient with Duke. Not playing with him yet, but he may. My mild, easy-going cat, Max, is hissing and growling at Duke whenever he tries to play.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just got 2 hamsters. They are not full growed yet. They also are not people friendly yet. I was watching them as they both ran side by side in the wheel.one fell backwards and the other one kept going which caused poor Ellen to be butt and legs up bounceing around,LOL alot. It was so funny,LOL. I stopped the wheel so she could turn around. They took up running side by side again.
I think they on going to be good for me.

Last edited by Candy; 07-08-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

About an hour ago we added 6 wk old black n white kitten to chaos of our lives ;]
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

When my daughter moved out to live with her big brother 3 yrs ago she left her two female Gunea Pigs (Milky Way & Butterscotch) for me to look after which I spoiled as one does with furry grand-daughters. On July 1 as my daughter puts it Butterscotch commited Guneacide when Butterscotch headbutted her sister out of the top floor of their cage to the floor and I found my favorite Milkyway dead the next morning she must have broken a bone. For four days I heard not a peep from Butterscotch so I search for another brown eyed sister for her not to tiny to be bullied and found at our local lawn & garden store one that Loves being held is tri-colored and definately isn't a baby. I was incorrect on who would be the bully because she constantly bites on Butterscotch's ear tips and both sleep on separate floors of their cage. Still unnamed I am hoping for a good suggestion on a name for her. The two of them love GREEN: gr. peppers, cucumber, grapes, beans, cantalope, and watermellon besides their pellets. If she wasn't female I would be tempted to name her after Kermit the Frog on Sesame St. remember his song about Green? So how about Miss Piggy?