FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Pets & Animals (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/)
-   -   Do you clean up after your dog... (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/25814-do-you-clean-up-after-your-dog.html)

BuddyBeanieBaby 07-01-2009 08:41 PM

Do you clean up after your dog...

This might sound like a strange question...But do you clean up after your dog...

In this town I don't think many do pick up their dogs...they don't seem to care where their dogs go...even on someone's lawn...

Our dog stays in our yards and yes we clean up after her...but the neighbors don't...they let their dog wonder everywhere and we are left cleaning up after it...makes me so mad...

So is it a law where you live to clean up after your pet...Not here...but the township won't do anything about it...they have a law that your grass cannot be any longer than 36cm...a law that you cannot catch over a certain size for fish...law that you have to have a license to sell anything out of your home...but no law that says a owner must clean up after their pet...

Smiles & Hugs...

RobertaD 07-02-2009 05:53 AM

You could always return the gift in a fire bag on the front step. Ring the doorbell and RUN! LOL

I have two big piles in my side yard that I was gifted the past week.

We use the plastic bags the newspaper comes in to pickup after our dogs on walks though that doesn't happen often as we've trained them not to poop while on a walk.

Roberta

kathymac 07-02-2009 06:26 AM

I am with you. I get so annoyed when people don't clean up after their dogs. We do have a "pooper scooper" law here, and most people do obey it. When I lived in Memphis, they had no such law and people never picked up. In fact, they used to make fun of me for doing so. I lived on a corner property, and it seemed like everyone used it as their dog's toilet. If I caught them doing it, I would hand them a plastic bag and have them pick it up. I told them I don't let my dog go on your lawn. I would appreciate the same respect.

Roberta, I have "regifted" - lol!

Kathy

Pag36 07-03-2009 11:19 AM

Yes we have a Pooper Scooper law here too. I have Adam even pick up after Panda in our back yard. And when we had Sam and walked her down the street she was picked up after if she did anything while we were out.

apricot 07-03-2009 04:15 PM

We don't have dogs but we do have a pooper scooper law here, even in the parks. We have a corner house and used to have problems with dogs using our yard as a toilet but not now. We have strict lease laws also since a few years ago there were several incidents of young children being bitten by large dogs running loose.

WendyMichelle 07-09-2009 03:01 PM

No law here but it is very much needed. I DO clean up after Tyson and I am NOT ashamed 2 carry my Pooper Scooper w/ us on walks. The worst thing 2 me is that owners take their pets 2 the cemetery and let them go free while they leave a "GIFT" on some person's headstone!!!

DeBora4BobbyL 07-09-2009 03:35 PM

I thought I did an excellent job of cleaning up after my dogs until Independence weekend. We went camping. My youngest dog was on a least most, but not all, of the time. The oldest dog is blind so he stuck around. The youngest wasn't on a least the entire time because he usually won't go more than 3 feet from my side.

Anyway, I found out later that the youngest managed to poop at my DH's aunt and uncle's RV and they tracked the poop inside! I felt very bad. I tried to keep an eye on the situation and picked up several pieces of poop over the period of a few days. But, "it" happens. LOL I think a slip up once in a while is okay, but if it gets to be a habit, then the person should be talked to.

Darlene 07-10-2009 11:44 AM

Our dog has a fenced in backyard and we do clean it up. There are public sidewalks in the front and one time we found poop right by the front door in the mulch. Phew what a mess. And you know the people saw it doing that.

Bilby 09-25-2009 01:02 PM

In our town here we can be fined if we don't carry a bag to pick up doggy poo, there are stands in parks that have bags and bins.
Fine is $45 I think. I tie a bag to the lead but my dog never does a dodoo out so it's not a problem and she is really small anyway

WendyMichelle 09-26-2009 08:02 AM

Yes, I indeed clead up after Tyson. He is my baby and is treated just like 1 of the children. I think all dog owners should have 2 do this, specially in public places. If they do not then a stiff fine should b given...